Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Blood Brother"?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Blood Brother"?

It's thursday and there's no loved/hated it thread for last night's episode, what's up with that?

Personally I thought it was great, best episode of the season. What did you guys think?
    10 - Bloody brilliant!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Bloody awful.
    0%

Sorry totally forgot to make one. Thanks for making it

Comment

Not gonna lie, the VFX on the Leviathans crashing down in Purgatory and forming out of black goo was pretty badass. Better than last season's effects. Reminded me of SV Brainiac. What kind of budget are they working with this season?

Comment

This episode was pretty awesome. Also I agree with gmster,The black goo was awesome. The leviathans in this episode was better than anything last season by them. But I like how we got to explore Benny. Im thinking that he might not turn bad in the end now. But I also thought that about Ruby. Also everyone in this episode was a badass....everybody expcept Sam. I cant help but think that the new showrunner dosent like Sam. Even Cas,who was only in this episode for 15 minutes was better than him.

So IMO this is the best episode of the season. 9/10

Comment

Didn't care for the Leviathans taking human form inside Purgatory, but I did like the black goo traveling like meteors and crashing into the ground. It really shows how powerful the Leviathan can be just in the black goo form alone.

Intrigued, for once, with Sam's backstory during the last year and how he started a job as a handyman. But I still wish we had a better reason to why he just stopped looking for Dean. And Benny? I'm becoming more of a fan of that guy. He just seems like he could be a great ally.

And...we now know Castiel is a seraphim.

Comment

Benny is a pretty cool dude. I am liking him so far.

The best part of the episode was the phone conversation between Dean and Sam.

Comment

Loved it.

10/10.

Comment

When looking to see the definition of seraphim, found this quote about Archangel Cassiel....

"Cassiel has also appeared as a figure in many works of fiction. For example Castiel in the TV series Supernatural is loosely based on the archangel Cassiel, and is played by Misha Collins. Obviously in this case the spelling of his name is slightly different, however it has been confirmed by the show's producers that the character is indeed modeled after Cassiel. Like scripture that describes Cassiel, Supernatural's version is somewhat of a melancholy figure."

If Cas is indeed an Archangel, or might get promoted to that rank, there's the Archangel who could protect the Prophet Advanced Placement....

Not sure if this was ever discussed, but I thought it interesting....

Comment

Oh and I just loved the head bouncing in the hallway....and vampirates! Loved it....10/10

Comment

I love Benny more than I'd thought I would. I want to in what plots is he going to be involved, I doubt he'll involved with the tablets but he could be the monster turned hunter we always wanted. And his full name is Benjamin lol.

All I ask is that he doesn't turn evil and is killed.

Comment

The leviathans taking human form in purgatory did bring a couple of questions, but I’ve worked out some theories. Maybe they shape-shifted into human form based on people they came in contact with before they died and went back to purgatory. I’m glad one question I had was acknowledged. When Dean killed monsters in purgatory, what happens to them?

Comment

Re-watching it again, and I am giddy that Dean said 'vampirates', although I wish the episode was called "Vampirates of the Caribbean".

Comment

Hmm, interesting that so many people seem to have liked this episode because, well, I thought it was kind of boring (though better than last week's).

I have to admit that an episode mostly about this side character of Benny didn't help (especially right after the previous episode!). Yes, he's important to Dean and therefore important to us, the fans, but I felt they could have waited a bit to do such a focused story on him.

And for him to be trying to get revenge on his Maker seemed a bit predictable of Edlund. That and Benny's love story kind of paralleling Sam's. Um, what? As soon as he said that thing about the last thing he saw was his Maker with his love I thought 'and she's going to turn out to be vamped'. When that turned out to be true I was sort of disappointed since I saw it coming. Edlund's not usually so predictable.

I actually didn't like that stuff with Sam being Mr. Fix-it. Sam's always been the research dude, the one who was more cerebral. The one who had to be taught by his big brother how to fix the car (even though I'm sure John taught them both some handyman stuff). Plus, it felt like too much of a callback to Dean and his construction work with Lisa. I always thought if Sam got a job in 'normal life' it would be something like working in a bookstore or something. Since when is Sam Joe Handyman (that was always Dean's balliwick)?

The Purgatory flashbacks for Dean, I've really been enjoying them. Castiel's take down of the baddies, Benny trying to leave him behind (but ultimately saving Cas) and Dean's staunch loyalty have all been excellent.

Glad they touched on this:
                          "If you murder a monster in monster heaven, where does it go?" Many fans have been wondering the exact same thing. And the Levi!goo was a great effect, IMO.

Dean deleting his text to Sam and then their whole conversation on the phone was great! "Dean, all your friends are dead!" "That's not what I called to talk about!"
                          Then Sam jacking the car and all panick-y and racing to the rescue (It was actually really nice to see that, I thought. It has sort of felt like Sam and Dean have been drifting apart lately so it was nice to see Sam so concerned.). Oh and the 'wayward son' reference made me smile too.

I also thought the head vamp guy (Benny's maker) was a pretty good actor. And Dean ganking Benny's love. Nice touch there.

The final scene was really well done, to me. How Sam knows from just a handshake that Benny is something they would hunt, how Dean immediately shakes his head and Sam's jaw clenches but he holds off. The look he gives Dean (you just know he's thinking about Amy--and maybe Ruby?). All great stuff. And for that to be the ending was a great touch by Edlund.

So not a bad but not that great, either, IMO.

Comment

Great episode. I liked. I'll give it a 9. I don't really like how they are doing sam's flashbacks. They just seem thrown in there.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎