No announcement yet.

And the Doctor is...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the Doctor is...

Frankenstien. Congrats to those who got it right. You have won a cookie.

I also think he is going to have a dual role as The Wizard of Oz since that was heavily hinted at during the episode.

Originally posted by superhippie2000
    I also think he is going to have a dual role as The Wizard of Oz since that was heavily hinted at during the episode.
    I agree.

The fact that they did everything they could to say where he came from was suspicious.

Comment

I'm not really seeing why they chose Frankenstein as a character. What possible "realm" could he be from, the realm of movies from the 1930's?

Why would they use a character from a novel?

Novels and fairytales are completely different.

Who are they going to bring to Storybrooke next that's from a novel, Baby Jane Hudson?!

I just don't get why he was chosen...

Comment

Yeah the spec was correct. I still wish they had made it the Creature. For a little bit in the episode I was kind of expecting them to reveal that Anders is playing a dual role and that 'Whale' might be the Creature. Imagine when he went to Gold to get his hand attached, if it was shown that his body was slowly becoming like his original self i.e. a patchwork of body parts from various sources? Oh well.

Originally posted by Aries83
        What possible "realm" could he be from, the realm of movies from the 1930's?
        A Gothic Horror realm, a steampunk reality or more likely (given the black and white appearance, Frankenstein's castle, etc) a Universal Movie Monsters world.

Because they have made it clear that they are not limiting themselves to strictly fairy tales. Folk tales, plays, novels, mythology, movies, etc are all possible sources for the show. Imagination, copyright issues and budget are their only limitations.

Why are you so surprised by this now when they have already used characters from the Peter Pan and Pinocchio stories, made multiple references to Oz and so on?
        Last edited by Exedore; 10-29-2012, 02:04 AM.

Comment

I'm not really seeing why they chose Frankenstein as a character. What possible "realm" could he be from, the realm of movies from the 1930's?

Who are they going to bring to Storybrooke next that's from a novel, Baby Jane Hudson?!

When Belle was locked in the Psych Ward............clearly we saw the head nurse and "Cheif" from "One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest"

Comment

^^^^And if Henry's horse turns out to be "Mister Ed", that was a sitcom from the early 60's.

Comment

Well with Frankenweenie and Nightmare Before Christmas (Both Disney movies(and Nightmare wasnt originally disney but they baught the rights)) they are using Frankenstien probably as revolving around those characters.

And i think they were hinting at the other Realm being Oz cause they kept calling him Wizard and then the "slippers" rumple wanted and they said something along the lines of how there are different worlds that are strange and different then the world they are in. And i assume if the weird world was Wonderland they would have said that.

Wizard could also be Merlin but while Oz and Frankenstien i could see being the same person Id hope Merlin would be someone else.

Also the Wizard before he came to Oz he was a "snake oil" salesman. which is basically a docotor who is a con artist and goes from town to town with "magical" elixers saying they can cure anything and anyone. So that could also play a role in him kind of conning Regina into thinking he could save her love when he never planned on doing it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by jpfort1957
                ^^^^And if Henry's horse turns out to be "Mister Ed", that was a sitcom from the early 60's.
                henry: talk to me you stupid horse.
                Horse: Hello Wilbuuuuuurrrrrr
                Henry: My name isnt Wilbur its henry.
                Horse: I was talking to the pig.

Comment

Originally posted by Exedore
                  Why are you so surprised by this now when they have already used characters from the Peter Pan and Pinocchio stories, made multiple references to Oz and so on?
                  Where did I say I was surprised?

All I was trying to say was that his character doesn't really jive with the rest that have been introduced.

Also, I think they should really try to define however many realms and worlds there are before introducing anymore characters.

Otherwise, it's just going to seem like they're not really putting much thought into the characters and using, "Oh, I'm from this world and this realm" as an excuse to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
                    Also the Wizard before he came to Oz he was a "snake oil" salesman. which is basically a docotor who is a con artist and goes from town to town with "magical" elixers saying they can cure anything and anyone. So that could also play a role in him kind of conning Regina into thinking he could save her love when he never planned on doing it anyway.
                    Oh No!!! Jiminy's dad is the only "snake oil" con artist I've seen on the show!!!

Comment

Where did I say I was surprised?

All I was trying to say was that his character doesn't really jive with the rest that have been introduced.

Also, I think they should really try to define however many realms and worlds there are before introducing anymore characters.

Otherwise, it's just going to seem like they're not really putting much thought into the characters and using, "Oh, I'm from this world and this realm" as an excuse to do so.
                      To be fair though, we've seen the inside of Jefferson's hat. It seems like there where quite a number of doors there. So far, we've only been through one (Wonderland), we can guess another that we saw (The green curtains one being Oz most likely), we now know of Frankenstein's World, and you know Neverland is going to be in there somewhere. So far, that's barely denting the number of doors that I can imagine are still left in the hat.

I was also surprised about them bringing Frankenstein into this...but it's probably because they were leading us to believe that the show was going to revolve strictly around Fairy Tale creatures (The title, the curse bringing only FT character). They probably did that to us on purpose so that they could set us up for something like this. We're learning very quickly that the curse was only as powerful as Regina made it to be. Meaning she only took people she WANTED from the other worlds. But we're also learning that beyond the small bits in Season one, there is so much more than just one world of familiar characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonatus
                        To be fair though, we've seen the inside of Jefferson's hat. It seems like there where quite a number of doors there.
                        True. It's been so long since I've seen that episode that I can't remember how many portals (or doors) there were.

Still, he strikes me as an odd choice seeing as how so many of the characters have been from fairytales.

I'm gonna re-watch this ep and see if my opinion of it changes.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎