#5.02 "Arthur's Bane, Part 2"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #5.02 "Arthur's Bane, Part 2"

Episode Description:

As dawn breaks across the icy tundra, Merlin and Arthur are close to exhaustion. With each tortured step, the fortress of Ismere looms ever nearer, and Merlin's fear intensifies. What game is Mordred playing? And what powerful secrets are Morgana and the druid Ruadan searching for amongst its twisted catacombs? It seems like this time, not even Merlin can stop Arthur from walking right into the lion's den... For in this bleak and transient wilderness, only one thing is certain: the great trial for Albion has finally begun

The preview was amazing, Mordred says.. You fear me Emrys.. ain't you? Looks like Mordred is going to be Arthur's side...
    A day to go...

Comment

Whoop whoop can't wait I'm very intrigued to find out more about that magical light person that looks a bit like an alien

Comment

Good episode. I knew Gwen wasn't going to actually kill the servant girl but, like Gauis stated what was she going to do if the father didn't come.

Mordred saves Arthur's life and becomes a knight. He isn't working for or with Morgana, so what does he plan on doing?

Comment

I think Mordred is genuinely torn between good and evil, he see's Arthur as 'right' and perhaps also hopes like Merlin that magic will return to the realm, but of course is destined to be Arthur's doom. It will be interesting to see how this plays out, looking forward to it. Great start to Series 5.

Comment

Mordred a knight of Camelot. Not to be trusted. Arthur's bane, indeed.

Comment

I forgot...WHAT happened to Aithusa? Poor little thing.

Comment

Morgana still has him.
                At the end of Arthur's Bane Part 2 , Morgana is scene trudging thru the snow dragging poor Aithusa by the neck behind her

Comment

This episode airs in the U.S. tonight!

Comment

looking forward to seeing what happens next

3 hours 1 minute

Comment

another good episode.

Wonder if Modrid is really siding with Arthur or if hes going to be a spy for Morgana or something and that whole stabbing was just a set up.

Wonder if we will see that glowing alien looking dude in the cave agian.

Comment

This was a decent conclusion to the two-parter but the weaker of the two, I thought.

Nice reveal on Gwen setting her trap (though the castle seems to have security as bad as Luthor Mansion!).

Anyone else figure out that the alien thingee was actually the key before the reveal? *raises hand* Also I've seen, on other sites, it referred to with the female pronoun. It looked genderless or even a wee bit male to me, not female. *shrugs* I still want to know what it is (Fae, perhaps?).

Merlin and Arthur being captured, Arthur's trick, and then sneaking into the castle. I kept waiting for Merlin to use his magic (where's the usual conk on the head for Arthur so he can do so? LOL) and he finally did.

The dragon. Soon as I saw it I thought Merlin should use the Dragon Voice. Loved how Arthur went after him as well. Ah, the bromance!

Mordred. I can't figure him out. Good, bad, what? Stabbing Morgana and joining the knights (really, Arthur? So soon?), was it a ploy to get closer to Arthur? Is he Arthur's Bane (even though alien thingee said Arthur's Bane is himself.). And I thought Mordred and Merlin were close. After all, Emrys saved Mordred once and Mordred even called out to him (what happened to Mordred's mind speech powers, anyway?). I'm just sort of confused how Mordred doesn't seem to think of Merlin as a friend anymore.

And what about the daughter? Now that her father has been killed, what will become of her? Will she seek vengeance against the Pendragons as he did? This episode raised a lot of questions for me.

And on a shamelessly shallow note--was it me or did Bradley look uncommonly handsome this episode? His hair, in particular, was awesome!

Comment

Merlin definitely fulfills my post-SV fix. The Merlin - Mordred story arc is intriguing. Will Merlin defend his friend and king, or will he be forced to side with a fellow magic user by the end?

And, unrelated to any plot, Morgause (sword-and-armour edition) and Freya will always have a special place in my version of Merlin's "Team Hottie", lol. Morgana's already a charter member. Don't know why, like her waaay more when she's bad.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎