No announcement yet.

Did Dean kill Cas?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Dean kill Cas?

That's sort of what one got from the episode? Any inputs?

im not sure. perhaps there is more to cas death then we think. If Cas died wouldnt he just wind up in Heaven? maybe the Cas death is all a mislead so all the demons believe he is dead and arnt aware if hes up in heaven gathering the last of the angels to go to war.

Comment

Cas swore to Dean that he would redeem himself. Dean is obviously searching for him, and I know he finds him (based on the pictures released) and Cas looks worse for the wear and tear of being in Purgatory. My guess is that Dean had to leave Cas in Purgatory as he only had one "seat" on the Soul Train and Benny obviously was the passenger for reasons we will find out later. I'm also wondering what happened to Meg. Crowley was going to make her jerky and perhaps she is in Purgatory too?

Perhaps Cas showing redemption to Dean agrees to stay behind in Purgatory in order to let Dean live.

Very interesting beginning of the season. There are more tablets....there has to be one for Heaven like there was for Purgatory and Hell.

One question? What does a human eat while in Purgatory?

Comment

No way. The way he talked about it was like he saw Cas being attacked and ran, or left. Maybe Cas was fighting the monsters, keeping them away from Dean to let Dean escape purgatory.

Comment

Nop. But if only humans can left Purgatory the only way from Cas to leave would be becoming human. So I don't know. We'll see.

Comment

And interesting about the food part SuperSheltie!

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
              That's sort of what one got from the episode? Any inputs?

That'll just break your heart, won't it? Lol.

Originally posted by superhippie2000
              im not sure. perhaps there is more to cas death then we think. If Cas died wouldnt he just wind up in Heaven? maybe the Cas death is all a mislead so all the demons believe he is dead and arnt aware if hes up in heaven gathering the last of the angels to go to war.
              If an angel dies, we have no clue what happens to it. It could become nothing much like demons, or so it seems, when they die.

Originally posted by SuperSheltie
              Cas swore to Dean that he would redeem himself. Dean is obviously searching for him, and I know he finds him (based on the pictures released) and Cas looks worse for the wear and tear of being in Purgatory. My guess is that Dean had to leave Cas in Purgatory as he only had one "seat" on the Soul Train and Benny obviously was the passenger for reasons we will find out later. I'm also wondering what happened to Meg. Crowley was going to make her jerky and perhaps she is in Purgatory too?

Perhaps Cas showing redemption to Dean agrees to stay behind in Purgatory in order to let Dean live.
              I don't think Meg would be sent to Purgatory. How would that even happen?

But, in regards to Castiel's state in Purgatory...while God's plan, as said by Benny, seems to be that Purgatory is only for monsters, a portal for a human to get out may be just what it's for, just a human and not for an angel...Purgatory may literally make an angel go insane and I don't think an angel could even "ride the Soul Train" because of Cas only having grace and not a soul. There's really no way Cas can "ride" Dean because the bloodline doesn't even fit.

I think Purgatory will make Castiel become insane though to the point where he asks Dean to kill him. Dean's words sounded fishy, but I could see how it has some truth to it. Castiel getting to the point of asking Dean to end this misery(if Purgatory does make him go mad).

And imo, I have no problem with this as it works out with both characters not being "the bad guy" and concludes Castiel's storyline which I feel is necessary.

Very interesting beginning of the season. There are more tablets....there has to be one for Heaven like there was for Purgatory and Hell.
              The Hell tablet seems to have just been about demons though as stated by Kevin, although I could see the tablet being about Hell as a whole and thus there being three tablets; one for Purgatory, one for Hell and one for Heaven.

One question? What does a human eat while in Purgatory?
              Leaves? Hahaha.

And we see that there is water in Purgatory. Food and drink right there.

Comment

I don't think that Dean killed Cas because he was going insane. I think that's a bit far fetching. I just wanna know what happened! It's very interesting. I like this new Dean I gotta say.

Comment

Killing Castiel because he was insane is far fetched, but outright killing Castiel even when he was looking for him in the flashbacks isn't far fetch?

Comment

When Dean was talking to Sam, he didn't say outright that Cas was dead, so either Cas went rogue and ended up losing it or he redeemed himself by helping Dean to get out of Purgatory by maybe sacrificing himself. Or I can see a betrayal here and Dean betraying Cas for Benny. Benny's soul was in Dean's arm and at the beginning of the episode Dean and Benny shook hands to seal the deal on escaping Purgatory and I'm thinking there was only room for one ride in Dean. So because of that pact that Dean and Benny made, Cas got left behind maybe...It looks like a lot of things went on down there and I'm looking forward to seeing how it all pans out.

Comment

No, I don't think Dean killed Cas. First, Dean said Cas was 'gone', not dead (If I recall right). Then he said that Cas had 'let go'. So I'm thinking that Cas "faded", as it were. That he just sort of let his consciousness go and is a disembodied thing. Until the day comes when he has a need to pull himself together (or someone does it for him).

Then he'll be back, I'm betting.

That's my theory, anyway.

Comment

I didn't get the vibe that Dean killed Cas. I got the vibe that Dean felt abandoned after Cas disappeared but that he was still looking for Cas. Maybe angels aren't supposed to be in purgatory so by default he was removed and went back to heaven. I don't think Cas had control over his leaving.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎