No announcement yet.

Was anyone else disappointed?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was anyone else disappointed?

As I was? I just couldn't believe that Emma, Mary and David were so helping to save Regina, considering everything that she has done. And then she also doesn't even show any appreciation to what Mary and Emma did to her. She almost killed David. I my eyes, she cannot be saved she has gone too far. Why are the show trying to redeem her? She don't even deserve it. And then I thought it was bad when Emma was critizing Mary and David for sending away, considering that she did the same to Henry.

Well ,we did see that Regina was good at one time. The loss of her love just really sent her over the edge. Is she redeemable? She's the Wicked Queen, so not sure about that one. She may have compassionate moments, but she probably always will revert to the evil side.

Comment

Yes, having Belle make Gold promise not to kill Regina, and having Henry make Emma promise to protect Regina were obviously devices to keep Regina around and our characters interacting with each other. Logic dictates that everyone in the town would just go kill Regina, so the writers needed to find a way to keep her around. She is totally awesome afterall.

Comment

Originally posted by closetclana
        Yes, having Belle make Gold promise not to kill Regina, and having Henry make Emma promise to protect Regina were obviously devices to keep Regina around and our characters interacting with each other. Logic dictates that everyone in the town would just go kill Regina, so the writers needed to find a way to keep her around. She is totally awesome afterall.
        I wasn't thinking like that. I was just like a bit shocked that they did so much to try to save Regina considering everything that she has done and that Regina hates them too and would also kill them.

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
          I wasn't thinking like that. I was just like a bit shocked that they did so much to try to save Regina considering everything that she has done and that Regina hates them too and would also kill them.
          It's the good guy logic. We've seen that despite what Snow has gone through (losing her parents, turning to being a thief, almost going dark after drinking Rumple's potion and wanting to kill the queen), that she still has a very caring heart. She could have taken a weapon with her and attempted to off the queen at the right moment, but she trusted Regina despite the fact that she knew it was a type of trap.

The good guy doesn't kill evil, they try to fix the darkness inside of them and help them to be good. To kill or let another be killed, regardless of their villainy, is an evil act within itself. Snow knows that there's good in Regina, and she's been trying to do everything possible to bring it back. It just hasn't happened yet, but as we know with Snow, she doesn't give up easily unless it involves losing the life of someone she loves (IE lying to David so King George wouldn't kill him).

David is most likely going with it because he loves and trusts Snow very much. If it was still his Storybrooke self, I could see him going with the idea of her dying because "David" didn't learn to trust "Mary Margaret" enough to where Charming loves Snow to the extent that he trusts her completely (much how Snow's father trusted the Genie all the way up until his death).

Emma also doesn't seem like the type that, despite everything Regina may have done, would even consider killing her or letting her get killed. Publicly exiled? Sure. Publicly humiliated? Sure. Publicly executed? It just doesn't seem like it'd fit her character. She cares too much about Henry, and despite everything and despite who she is, I doubt she'd condone it.

Not to mention, she knows that Regina does feel something for Henry, whether it be an actual glimmer of love or just trying to fill that void. Regardless, Regina didn't have to go with Emma to save Henry's life, but she did.

I do think she's redeemable though. They wouldn't have wasted time showing her being good if they didn't think it was possible to bring her back.

I'm especially interested with the next episode, "We are Both." I've had this theory that Regina is so skilled at magic because something happened between her mother and her that may have possibly brought them together into one person. The fact that Cora is appearing again in an episode with that title makes me even more curious.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎