Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was that guy in the city and who sent him the postcard?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was that guy in the city and who sent him the postcard?

Did any of you stop and double check that you were on the right channel when the episode started?? Who is this guy walking down the city street? He wears a suit and listens to an ipod, but he had a rotary phone, an old sign on his wall that says "Cleaner and Hatters", and a collection of old radios and broadcasting microphones from the 60s. A bird brings him a postcard that says "Broken" on it. There also looked like there were watches on chains and perhaps a monocle hanging on the wall by the door.

Perhaps those of you who read spoilers already know but for those of us that don't, what is your speculation?

Some ideas my family has come up with:

This is Bae. Who is telling him that the curse is broken? Not Rumple - he doesn't know where Bae is. Maybe Pinocchio or the Blue Fairy. The Blue Fairy might have the ability to control birds.

This is Captain Hook. We know he's coming. Maybe Regina is sending him a note. Maybe they are partners in crime.

This is some other character that we don't know about yet. Perhaps another prince?

Snowwhite is the one that classicly can control birds and wildlife - but I suppose any Disney princess has that power.

Ideas?
    Last edited by closetclana; 10-02-2012, 11:47 AM.

My first thought was that he was something to do with the Mad Hatter, maybe he's the creator of the hat? I felt it even more when Regina later on in the show pulled out the hat to open the portal, was that just a coincidence or not? I haven't been reading any of the spoilers either but I don't think he's a prince either.

Comment

The assumption is that he is either Baelfire, Henry 's father and/or both. The other assumption is that the postcard may have come from August to warn his boss that the curse has been broken.

I think the first appearance of Hook will be by his famous appendage as was shown in one of the promos. And plus they did reveal who hook is being played by which was definitely not the same guy.
      Last edited by darkphoenix21; 10-02-2012, 08:32 AM.

Comment

hmmm watches and a monocle. maybe it isnt Bae maybe hes the White Rabbit? But then how did he get in the real world? like without being part of the curse that kept him in storybrooke. but he doesnt look like a rabbit so how did he turn human or get out of storybrooke? maybe it will involve why people cant leave?

Comment

He's Bae who later temporarily became the Wizard of Oz but was then turned into the White Rabbit and then somehow he ended up as Peter Pan. At some point he settled in the real world and grew up but stopped aging after reaching adulthood. Since he was in the real world he was never affected by the curse.

Oh and he's also Henry's father.

Comment

Originally posted by Exedore
            He's Bae who later temporarily became the Wizard of Oz but was then turned into the White Rabbit and then somehow he ended up as Peter Pan. At some point he settled in the real world and grew up but stopped aging after reaching adulthood. Since he was in the real world he was never affected by the curse.

Oh and he's also Henry's father.
            Sounds legit.

I feel like the Bae option is the most obvious. Sure, that begs the question as to why August wasn't shown in the episode (as we know it had to have been him sending the postcard, really), but I also feel like it would have also been painfully obvious the minute he appeared on screen. Painfully obvious can be nice, but when it's held out for a bit so it makes people guess, it's even nicer.

I do like the feeling that it could be someone completely different, though. But again, that also begs the question of how any other character from FTL could have made it into the world. We know that Baelfire went through, but he's the only one we know for sure. I also feel that if Hook was introduced, they would have hinted it in some way.

That, and I don't think it's too unbelievable to see this:

Grow up and look more like this:

It's debatable though, since we don't even know how long Baelfire was even in FTL, and for all we know, Baelfire could be dead and we find out that Emma dated his son, and the guy we're seeing at the beginning is just that, and Baelfire just told his son everything before he died (or told him at a certain age, etc...).

Comment

It seems that Bae is the best guess.............But who sent the bird???? Maybe the real world was a favorite place to banash people from Storyland???
              Last edited by jpfort1957; 10-10-2012, 11:32 AM.

Comment

I am not sure if it is Bae. If it is Bae August is the only one who would have contacted him with the bird. Given August predicament it seems unlikely that he contacted him. I was thinking he might be the march hare or the white rabbit, but he could also be Jack from Jack in the Bean Stalk, who is supposed to show up this season. All we really do know about him is that he is has a contact inside of Storybrooke.

Comment

Originally posted by Degobunny
                  I am not sure if it is Bae. If it is Bae August is the only one who would have contacted him with the bird. Given August predicament it seems unlikely that he contacted him. I was thinking he might be the march hare or the white rabbit, but he could also be Jack from Jack in the Bean Stalk, who is supposed to show up this season. All we really do know about him is that he is has a contact inside of Storybrooke.
                  It could have been August that sent the message because the way they have been filming these episodes (they've been back tracking a little bit).It could have been minutes before the curse was broken just to show what an adult puppet Pinocchio looks like. And remember Marco/Gepetto came into his room and he was gone. Eion is supposed to be back sometime this season too.

Comment

Originally posted by Degobunny
                    If it is Bae August is the only one who would have contacted him with the bird.
                    I agree with this, but I'm gonna refer to him as Pinocchio because now that they know who they are, I prefer it that way.

I think the guy in the beginning is Baelfire and Pinocchio sent him the postcard. Pinocchio is the only one besides Emma who would have had contacts outside of Storybrooke (maybe Gold or Regina do, but they wouldn't have sent it) and since the card is FROM Storybrooke (or, at least, we can assume even though it had no address on it), it makes sense that someone in the town (like Pinocchio) would have been the sender.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎