Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Order The "Guardian" Trade Paperback!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArtgirlTexas
    Just got Guardian in the mail this morning!
    Got mine out of the mailbox last night and read the whole volume today. The cover is stunning.

I'm tempted to read the other chapters on Smallville wiki, but I'm going to wait for the 2nd volume in August.

Comment

I mentioned this in the Clark & Lois thread, but it deserves to be talked about, again!!

The New York Times Best Sellers are up-to-date and authoritative lists of the most popular books in the United States, based on sales in the past week, including fiction, non-fiction, paperbacks, children’s books, audiobooks, graphic books and more.

Bryan Q. Miller's twitter.

Comment

Awesome.

Comment

So am I reading that right? Guardian was #3 on the list in its first week? That is impressive!

Comment

So am I reading that right? Guardian was #3 on the list in its first week? That is impressive!
            Yep, looks like it's SV's first week on that list. And it really is impressive! So happy!

Comment

I pre-ordered Gaurdian (and loved it! Kinda wish the artwork was consistent in looking like the actors) and plan on pre-ordering Detective and Haunted soon. Due to the many other comics I've been picking up I haven't been able to pick up the individual issues due to money. I kinda wish the trades were coming out faster.
              Last edited by Dr. Curt Connors; 05-30-2013, 07:44 PM.

Comment

I decided to check the price of Vol. 2 - Detective on Amazon and was surprised to see that it said, "Usually ships within 1 to 3 months." WTF?
                Last edited by KSiteTV; 08-28-2013, 11:56 PM.

Comment

It should ship this week. I guessing that's just because it still hasn't been officially released yet.

Comment

It should ship this week. I guessing that's just because it still hasn't been officially released yet.
                    It now says "In stock August 24," so I guess you were right. I guess it's selling so well that Amazon needs more time to get more copies to fulfill all the pre-orders? I ordered mine in April, so I was just confused by the date.

Comment

Yeah, I kind of forget those orders are hanging out there until they show up. Then it feels like my birthday.

Comment

Just wanted to let others know that Amazon has listed Vol. 4: Argo, which they say is coming out March 18, 2014.
                        Last edited by KSiteTV; 08-28-2013, 11:57 PM.

Comment

So, I just ordered Volume 5: Olympus. Now, I'm confused: I know they dropped the "Season 11" from the titles and were going to do issues like, "Smallville: Title Here."

Then, I read this on Wikipedia:
                          DC Comics has cancelled the ongoing series after nineteen issues. Instead, the rest of the season will continue through various comic book mini-series under Season Eleven banner.
                          Is the rest of Season 11 online-only or what? I know this may be a stupid question, but I've bought all five volumes (trades) and was trying to keep up. Are they printing the rest of the season as individual issues or what?
                          Last edited by KSiteTV; 03-26-2014, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Yes, they are. They didn't cancel the comic book, they just changed the numbering with every new story starting from #1. They aren't online-only, the stories still come out in print, as will the trades in time. Alien is going to be Volume 6: Alien.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnR
                              Yes, they are. They didn't cancel the comic book, they just changed the numbering with every new story starting from #1. They aren't online-only, the stories still come out in print, as will the trades in time. Alien is going to be Volume 6: Alien.
                              Thank you, JohnnR. I really don't know how all the numbering works (as SV is the only comic I buy).

Do you have any advice on which size comic bag would hold the trades and keep them safe from damage? (some of them are still in the bubble envelopes they came in)

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎