Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smallville Season 11: "Detective" Digital Week 3 (8/31/12)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smallville Season 11: "Detective" Digital Week 3 (8/31/12)

A new chapter of "Detective" is out today!

Here's info on where you can get it:

Talk about it here!
    10 - Bat-tastic
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - It was a mediocre Knight
    0%

What a showdown in the end.

Comment

Another good issue and the end was was the bit I was waiting for never thought I'd see it on Smallville.

Can't wait for the next issue now.

Comment

Heard on BQM's twitter that Bruce Wayne is a cross between Benjamin Bratt and Simon Baker(the Mentalist). So what happened in today's chapter(for the people who can't get the digital and print always run out of Smallville comics when I go to the store.)

Comment

Not a big fan of what I'm seeing so far.
          The Supes being radiated story isn't going anywhere so far so that twist at the end of Guardian has been a waste of time for now.
          I don't like the fact that Batman is fully formed, I would have rathered a Year One style version also I don't believe that this version of Bruce would keep Barbara for company.
          Plus the art is lame. The image of Superman floating over Bruce and Lex looks incredibly amateurish.

Comment

My main complaint is Barbara's portray. It's not BQM's fault, of course, but you can clearly see she wasn't supposed to be Babs. She doesn't act or talk like Babs would. I knew it was going to happen, of course, but I am still sad.

Apart from that, I like this issue. Things are starting to heat up nicely.

I am hoping this issue does great as the previous two did. For two weeks we had SV as number on Comixology, which is very nice.

Comment

Yeah, Babs acting like Stephanie Brown is not working for me in the slightest.

Also, Chris Cross' art isn't do much for me either. Making it hard for me to get invested in the story.

I do like all of the callbacks to the series, but does 'Detective' so far not have quite the same Smallville feeling that 'Guardian' did?

Comment

Let's see...

Didn't see Chloe, again.
                Seems that the "Batman" is on first name basis with Wayne and Lex.
                What's with the Wayne, Kord, Holt, Green Arown building a "collider" name dropping thing ?

Comment

Originally posted by Playhouse
                  Yeah, Babs acting like Stephanie Brown is not working for me in the slightest.

Also, Chris Cross' art isn't do much for me either. Making it hard for me to get invested in the story.

I do like all of the callbacks to the series, but does 'Detective' so far not have quite the same Smallville feeling that 'Guardian' did?
                  Not the same Smallville? I was afraid it might not be with Batman coming. Still not buying "Detective" but maybe I'll start again when Batman leaves and the focus is back to Superman in his comic. If they want Superman to share pages with superheroes, I'd rather see aumni visit to have that Smallville feel to it. Hopefully Clark and Lois will be back together again by then.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowBird
                    Not the same Smallville? I was afraid it might not be with Batman coming. Still not buying "Detective" but maybe I'll start again when Batman leaves and the focus is back to Superman in his comic. If they want Superman to share pages with superheroes, I'd rather see aumni visit to have that Smallville feel to it. Hopefully Clark and Lois will be back together again by then.
                    Oh no, don't get me wrong. The book is still focused on Clark, even with Bats there. It just seems like the tone, characterization, and dialogue have been a bit off the last two chapters. (Though, Clark actually still seems fairly close throughout.) There's also a great sequence that opens the first chapter of 'Detective' that fits perfectly with the show and continuity.

I wouldn't skip out on picking it up. Just, for me, these last two chapters have been a tad lacking.

Comment

I like Babs attitude but then again I have being reading that's how Stephanie Brown is. As for batman I will only find him interesting (I know the blasphemy!!) once he is with Clark/Supes. The callbacks were nice and does anyone noticed that Lionel's eyes looked like Bambi's eyes, they were wide and innocent! I at that.

The art is better than the Perez one IMO but I did like last chapter's more, hopefully when they see how much money Smallville is making they would give BQM and company a bigger 'budget' to work with.

Can't wait for next one!
                      Last edited by readhead; 08-31-2012, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by liana
                        My main complaint is Barbara's portray. It's not BQM's fault, of course, but you can clearly see she wasn't supposed to be Babs. She doesn't act or talk like Babs would. I knew it was going to happen, of course, but I am still sad.

I am hoping this issue does great as the previous two did. For two weeks we had SV as number on Comixology, which is very nice.
                        That's great for the SV comic and I posted before that I thought Batman fans might boost sales but I just wished that Smallville and Superman could have brought the comic to No. 1 sales on it's own without the help of a major superhero visit.

Comment

Originally posted by seara
                          What's with the Wayne, Kord, Holt, Green Arown building a "collider" name dropping thing ?
                          I actually really liked this. It's fun when they acknowledge LuthorCorp/LexCorp amongst the other well-known business empires in the DCU. For me, I've always said I was fine with them not having Bruce on the TV series, but they should've at least acknowledged the existence of Wayne Enterprises. That would've been a nice "gimme" for the fans.

As we've seen Queen Industries, Kord Industries, and LuthorCorp on the show, I liked the name-dropping here.

Comment

Not a fan of the art on this issue, but there were some nice nods, especially saying that Lionel tried to recruit the Waynes for Veritas.

Comment

Originally posted by liana

You forget that this is Smallville. Nobody is supposed to act like their original counterparts. It's their own versions like it's always been. I doubt people would've reacted that way if the Babs/Steph debacle never made the news.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎