No announcement yet.

Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC) - From Joss Whedon - Original Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
    Isn't that show (I don't watch it) going to be in it's final season this year? So they could mention Maria for the first season of SHIELD but not actually show her or just have her do a few guest spots and then bring her on full time when HIMTYM ended, right?
    The 9th Season will be its final season. They are currently on the 8th Season right now.

Comment

Just looking over SHIELDsite.net, and read the basic premise of the plot. I wonder if it'll take place some time after the events of The Avengers film, meaning does it pick up in the basic sense, from there or is this sort of "how it all started" deal? Reading the plot I'm not quite sure, as it could be construed either way.

Comment

I think it'll be after, with "how is Coulson alive" being a mystery much like what The Doctor is going through with Clara over on Doctor Who.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
          I think it'll be after, with "how is Coulson alive" being a mystery.
          Interesting. The prevailing fan theory seems to be that it will be set before the movies--sort of SHIELD Smallville style? The beginning of the legend as it were?--and that's how Coulson would be alive. But I could easily see it being set after. As someone elsewhere said, we never actually saw Coulson's dead body other than right after he died. And heck, as every comic book reader knows, that doesn't mean he has to stay dead!

Comment

Interesting. The prevailing fan theory seems to be that it will be set before the movies--sort of SHIELD Smallville style? The beginning of the legend as it were?--and that's how Coulson would be alive. But I could easily see it being set after. As someone elsewhere said, we never actually saw Coulson's dead body other than right after he died. And heck, as every comic book reader knows, that doesn't mean he has to stay dead!
            I think it takes place after the movie but could be wrong. I wouldnt mind atleast seeing flashbacks about how everyone came together. Maybe they bring Clouson back using alien technology they aquired after the battle with Loki. Or they finally got that Hulk/Captian America serum under control where they can use it to bring people back to live while on the edge of death. Wouldnt bring back the dead but would bring back when the last breath is being taken and all the organs are still in tact.

My theories are its alien technology, the super serum stuff, or robotics.

Comment

I think it's been said that it takes place after, and why and how Coulson is alive is part of the story. Clark Gregg himself said this: “After people see the show, they’ll have some clue as to why I’m still there, still breathing. But I don’t think they’ll know everything."

Then there's the show's official write-up:

"Fresh from his role in the summer’s box office smash, MARVEL’S THE AVENGERS, Agent Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg) returns to the worldwide law enforcement organization S.H.I.E.L.D."

Returns? Well, I guess it could refer to the actor returning, but I think this happens later... which would and could lead to tie-ins with upcoming movies.

Comment

Clark Gregg himself: “After people see the show, they’ll have some clue as to why I’m still there, still breathing. But I don’t think they’ll know everything."

Returns? Well, I guess it could refer to the actor returning, but I think this happens later... which would and could lead to tie-ins with upcoming movies.
                It does seem that it will be set after the movie and not before, that Coulson will return somehow. That's cool too. I'm a long time reader of comics and there are a ton of ways for people to (and that they have) returned from the dead. That's if Coulson was even dead for sure. I mean, yes we saw him supposedly 'dead' but Fury might have engineered that to bring the Avengers together as a cohesive unit.

As for your theories Jeff, I think alien tech is the most likely. Though you can't rule out magic either.

Comment

Did they change the title again? To just Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D?

Comment

I believe they did! Man, they really need to stop changing the title around. I actually liked just plain "S.H.I.E.L.D." myself. Short and to the point.

Comment

The cast looks absolutly awful, and I was hoping he was'nt going to be using Angel, Buffy or Firefly actors in it but i get the feeling we'll be seeing plenty of them, I get a "Dollhouse" feeling about this, it needs superheroes in it to work i think.

Comment

Originally posted by vodoo flair
                        I was hoping he was'nt going to be using Angel, Buffy or Firefly actors in it but i get the feeling we'll be seeing plenty of them.
                        Joss actually said he went into this series looking to stay away from using 'old favorites' from his other series. But that sometimes those people are just the only ones he can see doing the job right for his characters so he hires them, sort of despite their previous history.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar
                          Did they change the title again? To just Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D?
                          It's possible. Or it's kind of like how, in the U.S. at least, "Marvel's Avengers" was the formal title of the movie but everyone called it "Avengers" anyway.

Comment

Is there any news on when this is coming out? Sounds really cool, I just hope it doesn't turn into another Aquaman.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathBySpoiler
                              Is there any news on when this is coming out? Sounds really cool, I just hope it doesn't turn into another Aquaman.
                              ABC will announce their Fall 2013 schedule on April 14. Chances are good that news MIGHT come out before then. If it's a go, then it'll probably premiere in September or October.

Comment

shield

ABC will announce their Fall 2013 schedule on April 14. Chances are good that news MIGHT come out before then. If it's a go, then it'll probably premiere in September or October.
                                You mean May 14th lol? If it's April we are going to be waiting a heck of a long time

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎