No announcement yet.

NEMESIS and NOIR Official Re-Watch Thread, August 31st, 2012

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DJ Doena
    He looks quite deflated when Chloe gives him a task and then runs off.
    I thought so, too. Another Clark-job. But in this case I think it was just Chloe's reporter instinct and her wanting to help Lana.

Comment

Chloe has better hair than in some episodes of the future.
      I agree. I thought that style really fitted her face.

Comment

I wonder why they paired up Lex and Lois. Was it because she was the only lead actress left out. Or was it a nod towards the first season of LnC?

Because it's the one thing that doesn't make sense considering this plays in Jimmy's head.
        Yes. I wondered about that, too. Everything else had a grain of truth. Jimmy must really have some good intuition to see that Lionel was in a complot with Lana against Lex. And that the worst Lex wanted was a divorce, while Lana wanted to kill him. Did they have a Lexois storyline in mind but never came around to tell it?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrsK
          Lois is awesome. "Does breaking and entering not mean anything to rich people?"
          Especially as she is doing it now and then, too. Not to mention taking items from a scene of crime.

Comment

Interesting that Jimmy is the only one to connect the facts that Lana had a cigarette case but doesn't smoke. Maybe Lois dod, too, since that is the one item she swiped.
            I think she did. What surprises me is that she never told anybody. Maybe it was more important to her to have a story than to really catch the assassin and his employer.

Comment

• Originally posted by skully
              A rare moment when Lionel didn't know what Lex was up to.
              Actually, it must have been going on quite some time. He was so angy with Lex for not protecting 33.1 from the "terrorists", right? I think, the whole season six Lionel was pretty much in the dark about Lex's activities, a nice symmetry to the first seasons where Lex finds out about what Lionel is up to.

Comment

How did he miss that? Did he just trust that Lana would tell him everything? That would be out of character for him...
                I don't think Lana knew what was going on, either. Lex did not tell her everything but allowed her to find out herself. She learned much from Lex about spying and more from Lionel, apparently, but only in season seven she finds out about everything Lex is doing. And is quite okay with it.

Comment

That's what I hate most about that "Lionel blackmailing Lana" arc. Suddenly Lana can play the victim again who does what she does to protect Clark.
                  Oh, come on. I did not buy that. I mean, why did she not want Clark to be involved? Hardly to protect him. She just did not want him to know how much like Lex she had become.

Comment

"Lex would never do anything to hurt her [Lana]..."

Just 2 episodes ago, they were talking about how Lex would throw Lana to the wolves.
                    I suspect the fact that Lex saved Clark's life in the tunnels last week did play a role here.

Comment

• Originally posted by RightWingConspirator
                      Final Nemesis comments: This is where we see for the first time we see Lana and Chloe past the point--forever--where they saw Lex as a friend or ally. What I really wish we could have had is an episode were Chole and Lex could have explored that, trying to figure out how they got from a point where Lex was risking his life to protect her and her taking some risks for him, to where he was having her kidnapped and tortured, as well as terrorizing her mother, and with Chloe being content wih the idea of Lex dying a horrible death in a rat infested tunnel.
                      I am still not sure what is going on between Lex and Chloe at this point. Sure, he had her kidnapped and analysed in a torturous way because she was a potential insane killer, but he did not order it. In fact, only learned about it later. This reminds me of a question: We see Lex ordering Chloe to be "closely observed" when he learns that she is a meteor infected, right? But we never see it. Clark never mentions that somebody follows her or observes her. But in Progeny he learns really fast that she is the one who almost killed him.

As to Lex terrorizing her mother, I think he was quite nice to her, considering what she was doing (killing him), lying and not cooperating at all. The only thing one might accuse him of is not telling Chloe that he had found a way to get her mother out of coma from the beginning. But then, considering that she had joined the terrorists I don't feel she can really blame him for that.

Back to "Noir": what really bothered me is that Clark did not go and find out who killed Lana and why. I mean, the whole "I keep secrets to protect you" really is nonsense, especially in cases like this. I like it that Chloe was friend enough to Lana to trust her, but Clark should have known better. Privacy is one thing, but Lana had been almost killed, whoever wanted her dead was still at large, both Chloe and Jimmy had been almost killed in it, too. Both Clark and Lois don't do anything, Clark because Chloe plays his bad conscience and Lois because she wants a story. I can even understand Lois, Lionel made clear he would do something so I guess she thought Lana is in good hands. But Clark just lets it be?

We see that Lois still is on the case for a story in the next ep, trying to get something from Senator Burke (who happens to be the one to have send a professional after Lana). But Clark is just doing nothing !?!
                      Last edited by Freawaru; 09-02-2012, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• banners are late, due to me recovering from having a little baby boy

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎