No announcement yet.

X-Men: Days Of Future Past

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Is it weird I still haven't seen the movie? Partly because I was waiting for the Rogue Cut.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow
        Is it weird I still haven't seen the movie? Partly because I was waiting for the Rogue Cut.
        Yes

Comment

• Last edited by jon-el87; 06-27-2015, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• My issue with this film, isn't so much with the film on its own, it's its impact on the franchise as a whole. It took the universe (and characters) that we had seen in the first three movies, Origins and The Wolverine, and turned it into a dystopia, killing everyone off. Everyone that we see in those movies have been brutally murdered by the Sentinels (really hits you hard, when you've just spent a few days, rewatching the previous movies. The now killed off characters are fresh in your memory). So, that is the conclusion of the X-Men franchise, up to this point, with this movie rebooting it, with a new timeline/universe. The only one, who gets to survive, and live in the happier reality, is Logan. Everyone else is dead. The Storm, Cyclops and Jean, that we encounter, at the end, are older versions of the ones that get introduced in Apocalypse, not the ones from the first three movies (who are all dead). So, this movie also concludes the movies of the new timeline (with this being set after the events of Dark Phoenix, meaning that Jean Grey returned to Earth, somewhere between 1992 and 2023).

It also concludes the story of this version of Wolverine, as it's the last time that we see him. The one who shows up in Apocalypse, is the one who is native to this reality (who'll get replaced by the Earth-10005 Logan in 2023). And, according to the Marvel Database wiki, Logan takes places in a third, separate reality.

As for the chronology of the various continuities (not including Deadpool), I'd say that it's probably something like this:

Earth-10005: First Class, Origins, X-Men, X2, The Last Stand, The Wolverine, Days of Future Past (original 2023 scenes).

Unnamed reality: First Class, Days of Future Past (1973 scenes), Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix, Days of Future Past (new 2023 scenes). Origins and The Wolverine scenes, set before 1973, are also part of this continuity.

Earth-17315: Logan.
              Last edited by jon-el87; 09-16-2021, 04:17 AM.

Comment

• I just saw this movie on video, yesterday. It was a good movie. Was that the Human Torch in this movie. If it wasn't, who is he?

Comment

• Originally posted by mbozzo
                  I just saw this movie on video, yesterday. It was a good movie. Was that the Human Torch in this movie. If it wasn't, who is he?
                  Think you mean Sunspot.

Comment

• Originally posted by jon-el87
                    As for the chronology of the various continuities (not including Deadpool), I'd say that it's probably something like this:

Earth-10005: First Class, Origins, X-Men, X2, The Last Stand, The Wolverine, Days of Future Past (original 2023 scenes).

Unnamed reality: First Class, Days of Future Past (1973 scenes), Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix, Days of Future Past (new 2023 scenes). Origins and The Wolverine scenes, set before 1973, are also part of this continuity.

Earth-17315: Logan.
                    Of course, there are an awful lot of continuity errors between First Class and the first 3-4 movies (the creation of Cerebro, when Erik and Charles met, Mystique is suddenly Charles's adoptive sister, who were the Professors first students, the age and occupation of Moira MacTaggart). Logan loses his metallic claws in The Wolverine, but suddenly have them back in Days of Future Past. X-Men Origins: Wolverine depicts Scott Summers as a teenagers, with active powers, 4-5 years before he's a 17-year-old boy (who's powers are only now manifesting) in Apocalypse. X-Men Origins: Wolverine also depicts Emma Frost as the younger sister of Kayla Silverfox in c. 1979. While First Class features an adult Emma Frost in 1963. Angel is depicted as a teenager/early 20s in Last Stand, but Apocalypse has him as a young man in 1983.

In theory, there are enough evidence to suggest that First Class and the apocalyptic future seen in Days of Future Past takes place in a different universe than Origins, X-Men, X2, The Last Stand, The Wolverine. Naturally, a universe where some of the same events happened (ex. the death of Jean Grey), but not the actual Earth-10005 universe. Instead, they phased the original out, for this new universe (only failing to inform us, like they did with Logan taking place in its own separate universe), starting with First Class. All of the Earth-10005 characters that we saw in Origins, X-Men, X2, The Last Stand, The Wolverine are still alive and well (not counting the ones who actually died in those movies, of course).

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎