Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fanfic: I Saw Purple Seas and Green Stars (1/1)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fanfic: I Saw Purple Seas and Green Stars (1/1)

Title: I Saw Purple Seas and Green Stars
    Type: Gen
    Rating: PG-13
    Character: Rumplestiltskin/Gold, Belle, Mirror/Sidney, Jiminy/Archie
    Spoilers: Through the finale; implied for S2
    Disclaimer: No copyright infringement intended
    Word Count: 547
    Summary: There’s an art therapy session for Sidney Glass.
    Note: This story is a sequel to “The Name Bestowed” and “The Language of Flowers.”

Taking inventory, the ringing bell interrupted Rumplestiltskin and his Belle. Rumplestiltskin seethed, jealous of anyone intruding on his time with her. However, he also recognized that Belle required other interaction for the sake of her health. Ah. This interaction would be for the sake of her health. It was the cricket.

“Good day, Mr. Gold,” said the psychiatrist. “I need to borrow Mrs. Gold.” He addressed himself to Belle. “Sidney Glass is having an interlude.”

Rumplestiltskin sighed. He had learned to pity Regina’s mirror through Belle and sought Sidney Glass’ reclamation with her – a project they could pursue together. It pained him, though, that Sidney Glass served as a permanent reminder of Belle’s captivity – of how he had failed her.

“You know the rule, Dr. Hopper,” said Belle, squeezing her husband’s hand. “Mr. Gold stays with me while I visit Sidney Glass at the hospital.”

“Of course,” replied the cricket. “I’m looking forward to the new verses.”

Sidney Glass’ “interludes,” as the cricket called them, were becoming more frequent. Rumplestiltskin recalled Belle’s hope as she described them to him. “An interlude is when Sidney Glass stops obsessing about Regina and calls out for me, instead. Dr. Hopper assumes it’s because I named him at Shalott. He sees them as an opportunity for art therapy.” His Belle was transported by the prospect.

Art therapy consisted of an on-going long poem constructed jointly by his love and her former companion in captivity within the four gray walls of Shalott. They rhapsodized on the sights Sidney Glass reflected for her, hopefully reinforcing for the former djinn that entire realms existed beyond the heart Regina closed to him.

Belle began today’s session:

I saw purple seas and green stars
    Inside your lamp, a world inside your lamp,
    A world inside your heart, while wishes waited.

Sidney Glass continued:

I saw blue roses and a hatter’s hope
    Reflected in your eyes, as he said ‘please.’
    A world inside his heart, while his daughter waited.

Belle added:

I saw firebirds dance in flight.
    Spinning threads of flame intertwining
    In my heart with threads of gold.

Sidney Glass added:

I saw lips as red as blood,
    Skin as white as snow,
    Hair as black as ebony…”

“We’re losing him,” said the cricket.

“Hang on, damn you,” said Rumplestiltskin. “She named you. You owe her.”

Sidney Glass reprised:

I saw purple seas and green stars
    Inside your eyes, a world inside your eyes,
    A world inside your heart, while wishes waited.

Belle concluded:

I saw crickets living on a jade moon,
    Chirping for the daughter who went to war,
    A world inside her heart while her father waited.

“Wow,” said the cricket. “Actually on a moon?”

“On a moon,” assured Belle, smiling. “I dreamed that if crickets could go to the moon, so could we. I’ll never see that jade moon again,” said Belle, wistfully, “but I console myself with the knowledge that people from this realm had the same moon dream come true.”

Rumplestiltskin marveling, yet again, at his wife, addressed Sidney Glass. “Thank you for pushing through, today, for her sake.”

“You’re welcome,” replied Sidney Glass. “Where did you leave off with the inventory? You’re always doing inventory.”

“With a flying carpet,” giggled Rumplestiltskin, planning a surprise for Mrs. Gold.
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎