No announcement yet.

MERCY and FADE Official Re-Watch Thread, June 15th, 2012

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SGuthrie27
    No joke! How could he basically hijack Lionel's limo, get that entire warehouse, put together all the traps... He must've stolen a load of cash first, eh?
    I guess when that guy talked about being broke he didn't refer to small change. Probably had billions before and now it was only tens of thousands.

Clark really SHOULD tell his mom the truth. I never really understood why he wouldn't go ahead and explain it to her -- Chloe's right. Not letting her know about Lionel and the potential danger he posed was only putting her in further danger.
    Well, Clark never told anybody anything if he could help it. But on a more rational side, he must have wondered why Lionel didn't DO anything. According to his vision of Jonathan Lionel knew at least since before Jonathan's death and did nothing against Clark. And they had worked together before, when Lionel was still in prison and told Clark that he had changed (after they had switched bodies and Lionel was healed).

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Ankhara
    "Seeing you fail miserably was retribution enough" I love the Lex-Lionel scenes!!
    So do I.

Just want to point out that this scene shows that Lex isn't vengeful. And Lionel knows it, for he believes Lex at face value.

----- Added 27 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by SGuthrie27
    I'm surprised Lex doesn't press Clark more on how he managed to notice something as minute as a tiny chip on the corner of a statue.
    Guess, because it is not the first time. Remember season one, when that girl stole Lex's precious watch (the one from his mother). Clark comes in while Lex searches the floor, Lex tells him what he looks for and Clark just looks around with his supervision and claim that the watch is not in the room. There were other incidences like when Lionel had bugged Lex's room and Clark found another bugging device without really looking.

----- Added 38 Minutes later -----

I can't imagine being placed into the kind of position that this maniac just put Lionel and Martha in. I was always very impressed and perhaps even a bit shocked by what Lionel chose to do. A small part of me always wonders if he might've felt the weight of the gun and realized it was empty, so he knew there was no real threat, or if he really DID think he was about to die. I really AM proud of his decision, though, and it probably made him seem much more noble in Martha's eyes, even though she clearly still didn't trust him completely.
    I seem to remember that supposedly one can know if there is a magazine in the gun but not if there is one bullet left, ready to be shot. So I think Lionel likely knew if there was a bullet it would only be one. He took quite a chance.

----- Added 39 Minutes later -----

This had to give Lex some MAJOR questions, didn't it?
    Yes. He really must wonder what exactly his father was plotting now.
    Last edited by Freawaru; 06-16-2012, 08:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Originally posted by MrsK
      I do wish they had had Clark jump up to catch the elevator as it fell and ease the "landing" without so blatantly violating the laws of physics!
      Good point. But he always does it this way. My speculations are that either he has some unconscious telekinetic power or he somehow nullifies the inertia for a millisecond. Or both. I mean, when he throws people around they also never get seriously hurt.

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by skully
      "He's the sort of son a father could be proud of." That's cold, Lionel.
      Is it? I wonder why he actually said it. I mean, it is obvious that Lionel is very proud of Lex now - as he gave him Luthorcorp. Maybe what he really wanted to tell Lex is that he accepts Clark into the family, as a son. Children of Lionel always had special status for Lionel. Also, it hints at Lionel being aware that Clark is Naman and as he already knows that Lex is Sageeth, them actually being like "brothers", tells Lex that Lionel knows how to interpret the Kawatchee prophesy.

----- Added 12 Minutes later -----

The "camouflage/chameleon vision" parts of this episode reminded me a little bit of what they did in "Obscura." Though really, why did Graham find it necessary to turn VISIBLE to strangle Lex? Wouldn't it be smarter to stay unseen while trying to strangle Lex?
      Maybe it takes concentration. And Lex was not the easy target he anticipated.

----- Added 19 Minutes later -----

How many characters had their turn at a shower scene? Seriously.
      I love this one because it is soooo Lois. Seriously, every other female would have first covered her nudity and then gone to the door. But not Lois. She obviously felt properly dressed up the moment she held a weapon in her hand. Clark's look when seeing her was priceless.

----- Added 22 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by DJ Doena
      It's worse. Not only do they spell out that he has a weakness. No, they use the words "meteor rock". Because, you know, if they had said "Kryptonite" (which they do on all(!) other occasions) it would still be too cryptic for the bad guy to understand.
      They never are carefull. Not even when Lex owns the Daily Planet. I mean, there could be bugs everywhere. Clark never stops to look for them before talking about his secrets with Chloe.

----- Added 25 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by MrsK
      Once again, Lana gives Lex credit for saving her (and Lex lets her) when it was actually Clark.
      I see it differently. Lex was willing to be killed for her while Clark "just" knocks the bullet away with his superpower. Lex shielded her body with his. He saved her life but Clark saved his.

----- Added 26 Minutes later -----

"Getting swept off my feet by a notorious hitman is just me living La Vida Loca!" But how many psycho guys HAD she fallen for at this point, really??? o_O Wasn't there just A.C. before this? And he wasn't psycho...
      But violent never the less.
      Last edited by Freawaru; 06-16-2012, 09:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• so sorry to be late, was training a new colleague last week

BANNERS

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍