Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will they forget this time, too?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to think that the writers are smart enough not to revisit the memory loss thing. I believe it would frustrate a lot of the fan base to have a complete rewind. I'm hoping that Rump's promises to Belle about the future are hints that that memories will be retained.
    Last edited by BAMAGIRL; 05-15-2012, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jpfort1957
      I took the stopped clock as the indication that a new curse was on.
      Me too and with that; memory loss.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMAGIRL
        I would like to think that the writers are smart enough not to revisit the memory lost thing. I believe it would frustrate a lot of the fan base to have a complete rewind. I'm hoping that Rump's promises to Belle about the future are hints that that memories will be retained.
        I agree with this. If you look at the pattern of the show "Lost" every new season brought something totally new. The hatch, and then the "others' etc.. I don't think we'd go back to the memory loss thing - if only for the sake of good television. And really, who can handle another season of sniveling David??

I do think the introduction of magic potentially leads interesting directions. On the dark side, both Rumple and the Queen have magic. But on the good side, only the fairy's do. The Charmings seem to have that harry-potter-love-in-your-skin type of magic that they don't know how to use. How the the Fairy magic work if the fairies aren't fairies?? This will also, potentially, bring the fairy characters to more of the spotlight.

August told Emma that he would only become human again if she broke the curse. Does that mean that he is now human. If so, is Archie now a cricket?

Comment

Originally posted by closetclana
          If so, is Archie now a cricket?
          I would think so, yeah. Which is bad luck for the actor who plays Archie.

Comment

after thinking about it a bit (which is why I love this show- it makes you think!) I have decided the next season is probably going to deal with the two sets of memories people will have-- MM will remember teaching school AND being snow white. I figure they will slowly reveal who is which fairytale character. I do NOT expect characters like Archie to turn back into an animal (or in his case an insect)- they will still be in our world, just with magic added! Jefferson said it was difficult to have two sets of memories, he didn't want that for his daughter.

Comment

I don't think there was a new curse, and I also don't think the curse was entirely broken. I think that the part of the curse that dealt with the memory loss was broken, and now everyone knows what happened, but the fact that they didn't return to Fairytale Land, IMO, means that the curse it is still partially on. I think that now they will be able to leave Storybrooke, which was what Rumple wanted so that he could find his son, but everyone will be vulnerable to magic.

I might be wrong, of course, but if the curse is back with everything that it entails, then the finale was a loss of time entirely, and I don't think they would go there.

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
                I would think so, yeah. Which is bad luck for the actor who plays Archie.
                Well he was never a Cricket to begin with so if the magic braught people back to who they used to be could it be that he would just be human still since his true form was never really a cricket. The actor can still do the voice tho plus snce its a TV show it would probably be cheaper to keep people human then change everything over to CGI.

Comment

Originally posted by jpfort1957
                  I took the stopped clock as the indication that a new curse was on.

That is what I first thought as well. But, liana made some good points about maybe it was just partially broken and that is why they didn't return to FTL so I find myself waffling between the two theories. If it is a "new" curse, I don't think it means memory loss again. It is just a new obstacle they have to overcome to get back home and now everyone including Emma, Henry, and August can't leave SB.

Originally posted by Rac80
                  after thinking about it a bit (which is why I love this show- it makes you think!) I have decided the next season is probably going to deal with the two sets of memories people will have-- MM will remember teaching school AND being snow white. I figure they will slowly reveal who is which fairytale character. I do NOT expect characters like Archie to turn back into an animal (or in his case an insect)- they will still be in our world, just with magic added! Jefferson said it was difficult to have two sets of memories, he didn't want that for his daughter.

That is also what I love about this show - making you think. I agree that they will keep two sets of memories which will cause conflict and drama for the characters. Not only will they have to deal with fighting the EQ, Rumple, and trying to get back to FTL but dealing with what they did in SB.

I agree that Archie will stay a human and I believe August will go back to being a human as well. I think August turned to wood because he abandoned Emma. Since he helped get her back on course to fulfilling her destiny, his own personal curse will be lifted. Either that or maybe the fairies with their regained powers will fix him.

Originally posted by liana
                  I don't think there was a new curse, and I also don't think the curse was entirely broken. I think that the part of the curse that dealt with the memory loss was broken, and now everyone knows what happened, but the fact that they didn't return to Fairytale Land, IMO, means that the curse it is still partially on. I think that now they will be able to leave Storybrooke, which was what Rumple wanted so that he could find his son, but everyone will be vulnerable to magic.

I might be wrong, of course, but if the curse is back with everything that it entails, then the finale was a loss of time entirely, and I don't think they would go there.
                  As I wrote earlier, I waffle between your theory and it being a "new" curse. What you said makes sense that it was only partially broken and that is why they didn't go back to FTL. But the clock stopping at the same time is was before it why I think it could be a "new" curse. Either way, everyone will keep both sets of memories.

I'm not sure if they can now leave SB because most of them would flee to get away from Rumple's and the EQ's magic. Or leave to just to see something new. I also think it would be a greater conflict if they were all still trapped together in SB. Maybe that is why Rumple needed to bring magic back. He knew they would still be trapped in SB and wanted it to help him finally break out to our world.

Last edited by SteelyGal; 05-15-2012, 10:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

As for Archie reverting back to being a cricket/grass hopper, I don't think that will happen. The blue fairy was in the hospital and she wasn't a fairy, she was a human.

So yeah, I have to agree that the curse was not 100% broken.

Comment

As for Archie reverting back to being a cricket/grass hopper, I don't think that will happen. The blue fairy was in the hospital and she wasn't a fairy, she was a human.

Well, because they didn't have magic in the town. Just the curse broken.

Comment

We dont really know what will happen when the magic smoke hits them. They could change (dont think they will) or might just have powers. It might also make them zombies or something. The smoke might not even give anyone powers it might just bring magical people over to the real world or it can make the real world magical but they are all living in a magic world with no powers. Maybe only Emma and Henry will have powers. Think there can be many different possibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyGal
                          As I wrote earlier, I waffle between your theory and it being a "new" curse. What you said makes sense that it was only partially broken and that is why they didn't go back to FTL. But the clock stopping at the same time is was before it why I think it could be a "new" curse. Either way, everyone will keep both sets of memories.

I'm not sure if they can now leave SB because most of them would flee to get away from Rumple's and the EQ's magic. Or leave to just to see something new. I also think it would be a greater conflict if they were all still trapped together in SB. Maybe that is why Rumple needed to bring magic back. He knew they would still be trapped in SB and wanted it to help him finally break out to our world.

Well, if the curse is on again, with both Henry and Emma now cursed as well (because they are both in Storybroke), then the finale was a waste of time and nothing really happened. The entire finale was built around the curse being broken, so what was the point? If it was only about a new curse so that now we have "magic" in our world, was it really necessary to break it in the first place?

There has to be evolution of some form. Everything that happened in fairy tale land has to have a paralel in reality. When Snow White wake up, the fairy tale still went on, with her and Charming determined to get back their kingdom. And I think this is what will happen next season: fight for freedom and to defeat the dark magic coming from both the Queen and Rumplestiltskin. IMO, it won't be a new memory loss, but the war against magic.

Comment

Things could be completely different this time. They all showed up in Storybrooke without any memories of their past lives. For a few moments in between the 2 curses they all realized who they really were while in Storybrooke.

Comment

Originally posted by liana
                              Well, if the curse is on again, with both Henry and Emma now cursed as well (because they are both in Storybroke), then the finale was a waste of time and nothing really happened. The entire finale was built around the curse being broken, so what was the point? If it was only about a new curse so that now we have "magic" in our world, was it really necessary to break it in the first place?

There has to be evolution of some form. Everything that happened in fairy tale land has to have a paralel in reality. When Snow White wake up, the fairy tale still went on, with her and Charming determined to get back their kingdom. And I think this is what will happen next season: fight for freedom and to defeat the dark magic coming from both the Queen and Rumplestiltskin. IMO, it won't be a new memory loss, but the war against magic.
                              I definitely don't think the old curse has gone back into effect but you have good points about it being it partially broken. Sorry for being repetitive, but the clock stopping exactly at 8:15 is still my biggest sticking point. What did that mean if not something "new" has been activated? October can't come soon enough to find out.

Also agree there won't be any memory loss. Because they didn't go back to FTL, they will need both sets of memories to fight the EQ and Rumple. Otherwise, they would be lost on how to drive a car or fight magic. Plus, as I mentioned earlier, it will make for better drama if they keep both sets up memories.

I do agree that next season we will see a parallel to the events in FTL where Snow and Charming are fighting the EQ and Rumple to get their kingdom back to what is happening in SB.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyGal
                                I definitely don't think the old curse has gone back into effect but you have good points about it being it partially broken. Sorry for being repetitive, but the clock stopping exactly at 8:15 is still my biggest sticking point. What did that mean if not something "new" has been activated? October can't come soon enough to find out.

Also agree there won't be any memory loss. Because they didn't go back to FTL, they will need both sets of memories to fight the EQ and Rumple. Otherwise, they would be lost on how to drive a car or fight magic. Plus, as I mentioned earlier, it will make for better drama if they keep both sets up memories.

I do agree that next season we will see a parallel to the events in FTL where Snow and Charming are fighting the EQ and Rumple to get their kingdom back to what is happening in SB.
                                There are several things that makes me wonder. The first of them was that, according to Rumple, that magic well was supposed to "bring back what was once lost". How does magic qualify? Was magic something that used to exist in our world, but was lost, or was it something that was lost only in Storybrooke? Was its return confined to the town, and does that mean that the clock stopped only because the town was separated from our world because of the existence of magic? After all the clock stopping could mean just that Storybrooke is once again apart from the rest of the world because of the existence of magic.

Another question: if that is true, is now Emma and Henry also trapped in Storybrooke? I mean, they were able to leave because they were not "cursed" so to speak, but will they be able to leave it now, that rules have changed? After all, Emma has already fullfilled her destiny exactly as Rumple planed all along. I doubt she will still be "savior". Whatever Rumple unleashed was something entirely new. It probably gave him back his powers, but it will most certainly mean the Evil Queen will have her powers back as well. So, we will have a new game, where everyone remembers both set of memories, but Regina will be able to fight back because of her powers. Can any fight against her ever be fair without using magic?
                                Last edited by liana; 05-16-2012, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎