Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where Should Arrow Fall On The Schedule?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like it's going to end up on Wednesdays with Supernatural. I'm assuming 8:00, though it could possibly be 9:00

Comment

That's a good idea! Where did u hear about that Craig?

Ok just saw the article u were referencing. I like that possibility. Reminds me of when The WB partnered Smallville and Angel. I think the pairing could be the best of the fall!
      Last edited by Austin 3:16; 05-16-2012, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Arrow with Supernatural was the ideal pairing, but I'd be kinda surprised if they make it happen. Nikita is gonna be really left out to dry if this schedule proves true.

Comment

Hoping for Wednesday or Thursday.

Comment

Mark Pedowitz has said before he's a huge fan of Supernatural. Getting it off of Fridays and pairing it up with Arrow would be a major way to get himself and both shows even more into the fans good graces.

Could this also be a way to get America's Next Top Model to end finally? Everyone calls it the Friday Night Death Slot and ANTM really doesn't seem to have many supporters in this day and age. Plus, even Tyra herself has said she fired everyone to revamp the show and stop ratings from falling. If Mark really is wanting to bring CW back to the glory days of The WB, I could see him putting ANTM on Fridays as sort of a mercy killing and also to erase the last remnants of the Ostroff era. It could be a good way to move on and put the past mistakes behind them.

The possibility of Hart of Dixie on Tuesdays could have some truth to it. My DirecTV guide for next wk reports that Hart will reair its season finale on Tuesday night. If I read right, the article Craig was referring to stated that Dixie was on its way to Tuesdays this fall. Could CW have leaked their decision a little bit early?
            Last edited by Austin 3:16; 05-16-2012, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Playhouse
              Arrow with Supernatural was the ideal pairing, but I'd be kinda surprised if they make it happen. Nikita is gonna be really left out to dry if this schedule proves true.
              If the schedule is legit, there are a few things that come to mind for why they might do that, even if I don't like it.

- Nikita might have been renewed at the request of the studio to get to XX episodes for the allegedly lucrative DVD and international sales.

- It might be good counterprogramming for Grimm and Fringe, assuming it's on at 9pm. It's a kick ass girl instead of shows centered around men. Maybe they think the Top Model audience will tune in to see fashions? (I know, reaching there)

I do think Top Model is a weak spot in The CW's schedule, but I'd imagine they're hesitant to get rid of it as they haven't had a successful reality launch that isn't Top Model. It's really too bad, though, as such a move I think will hurt their Friday nights. Nikita and Supernatural were pretty solid. On the bright side, I think if anything, an Arrow/Supernatural pairing will finally make The CW a contender on Wednesdays, which could lead to hopefully successful Thursdays. I also think this might be happening (if it does) because there could be another 3 seasons left in SPN, to get to 10 like Smallville did.. in which case, it might be best to get all the ratings they can get out of it.

Comment

Craig could they be putting ANTM on Fridays to run out the clock and also say goodbye to the last remnants of the Ostroff era? Remember Mark has been openly saying how he wants to get the network to a new era of not just the demographic that Dawn loved so much. This could be a main way to do it couldn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
                  Craig could they be putting ANTM on Fridays to run out the clock and also say goodbye to the last remnants of the Ostroff era? Remember Mark has been openly saying how he wants to get the network to a new era of not just the demographic that Dawn loved so much. This could be a main way to do it couldn't it?
                  I don't think any network purchases a show with the intention of failure. I think they do legitimately hope Top Model will do all right on Fridays. If that is indeed what's happening. Boy will I feel stupid if the USA Today thing was just presumption...

----- Added 56 Seconds later -----

There's also the notion that, again, Top Model does better than any other reality The CW has tried, and reality is cheaper, so... if they pick up that and run that, it's still cheaper than getting new episodes of a drama for that same slot or for an untested reality show that gets only 600,000 viewers.
                  Last edited by KSiteTV; 05-16-2012, 08:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

This sucks heavily for Nikita.Staying on friday Is one thing but having America's next top model as lead In? How do they plan on getting episodes for syndication?

It really upsets me that Smallville was left on the wind on Friday nights while Supernatural is going of friday.This just reminds me how Angel was axed after 5 seasons and Supernatural Is going Into 8th season long past the original plan for show and ads make It seem the show Is mostly about gimmicks and stunt casting nowadays.

Comment

IMDb was showing the same article about USA Today. USA Today is a pretty reliable source so it may not be certain that what they're saying is going to happen, but it isn't the worst place to get a prediction from u know?

Like I said earlier, Tues, Wed and Thurs would all be great for me. Mon and Fri belong to WWE pretty much and that is how it is going to stay for me.

There had been rumors last week that ABC was moving Last Man Standing to Fridays to start up TGIF. Now that that seems to be true, it may be a very good thing if the Winchesters are going to Wednesdays. I wouldn't have to choose between wrestling, Tim Allen and Supernatural. Plus, I could finally start watching Grimm.

All I've heard from fans is that Arrow seems most likely to be the big IT show. If that is true, giving it Smallville's Wednesday timeslot from back in the day and partnering it with The CW's hit Supernatural sounds like the biggest win win combo I've heard of since Smallville and Angel like I said earlier. This combo could be just what CW needs to break out into a new high for ratings.

Plus, if Arrow and Supernatural do so well together, it will only mean good things for both shows instead of just hoping Arrow can succeed on its own or with a lesser established series.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbins
                        It really upsets me that Smallville was left on the wind on Friday nights while Supernatural is going of friday.This just reminds me how Angel was axed after 5 seasons and Supernatural Is going Into 8th season long past the original plan for show and ads make It seem the show Is mostly about gimmicks and stunt casting nowadays.
                        Smallville moving to Fridays was actually a stroke of genius. The show's ratings were declining significantly and there's no way the show would've done well on any other night. Unfortunately, Ostroff, et al., were proven right by scheduling The Vampire Diaries in SV's old slot. The show outperformed Smallville in big ways.

So the move to Fridays actually benefited SV. It had a chance to actually stake its claim on a night that didn't have as rabid of competition and the ratings increased. The show would likely have been killed after Season 9 if the Friday move hadn't happened.

Supernatural's move to Fridays was basically because it was odd man out on the schedule. As before, though, Smallville did well as a lead-in for them. Nikita hasn't done as strongly a lead-in, though the duo on the night does fair. Now that they have a better companion to package SPN with, it's not surprising that they could possibly look to move it off Fridays to schedule better.

Comment

Originally posted by Playhouse
                          Smallville moving to Fridays was actually a stroke of genius. The show's ratings were declining significantly and there's no way the show would've done well on any other night. Unfortunately, Ostroff, et al., were proven right by scheduling The Vampire Diaries in SV's old slot. The show outperformed Smallville in big ways.

So the move to Fridays actually benefited SV. It had a chance to actually stake its claim on a night that didn't have as rabid of competition and the ratings increased. The show would likely have been killed after Season 9 if the Friday move hadn't happened.

Supernatural's move to Fridays was basically because it was odd man out on the schedule. As before, though, Smallville did well as a lead-in for them. Nikita hasn't done as strongly a lead-in, though the duo on the night does fair. Now that they have a better companion to package SPN with, it's not surprising that they could possibly look to move it off Fridays to schedule better.
                          Agree with every point made in this post, especially the one about Smallville's move to Fridays giving The CW a reason to renew it for a tenth season as it EXCEEDED expectations there, and made a night out of Friday which The CW hadn't had since they lost Smackdown.

I also think putting Supernatural on a night when more people might be watching is a great idea. It's out of the way of Grimm and Fringe, and the network does need to show an investment in it, especially if it could possibly go up to 10 seasons as Smallville did. Although to be honest, I still kind of think SPN should have ended at 5... it's still better than a lot of the other programming on the network.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
                            Although to be honest, I still kind of think SPN should have ended at 5... it's still better than a lot of the other programming on the network.
                            Far as I'm concerned, it did end at Season 5. It's really been a shell of its former self these last two seasons.

Comment

Why did they lose SmackDown again? From what I had read, all it was doing was having good numbers in the ratings. Yet Dawn Ostroff canned it and then said they needed a hit just like SmackDown. So it sounds like she was regretting that she let the show go. Did she have a problem with Vince McMahon or did it just not fit her business model?

Comment

Well fans of Nikita are royally being screwed with America's next top model as likely lead In.Not only that but this likely means Cult will air on friday.America's next top model doesn't run the entire season.
                                This really takes the excitemnet off of renewal and getting 22 episodes.The CW sure Isn't helping it get as many episodes for syndication.

Smallville was still doing decently on the CW when banished them to friday.The CW never valued Smallville.And It showed.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎