Ringer Cancelled

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ringer Cancelled

And to the Morgue we go!

can't say I am surprised given it's second half ratings. I am a bit sad because I liked the show but in the big picture I really don't see how long the show can last with the plot they have, still would have been nice to get a 13 episode pickup to give the show a solid ending

Comment

Hopefully they'll tie up all those lose ends before it goes!

Comment

Originally posted by dotsie23
        Unless somebody else picks it up(which is very unlikely) I don't see them tieing up anything

Comment

All I hear is Queen's "Another One Bits The Dust" with the number of cancellations that have been announced the last few days. Ringer had a decent finale. And honestly where could they take this series with how it ended?

Comment

Sad but not surprised. Ugh.

Comment

Gutted I wanted to see a Siobhan/Bridget face off and a Bridget/Andrew reconciliation

At least we got to see Andrew find out the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Lori
                Gutted I wanted to see a Siobhan/Bridget face off and a Bridget/Andrew reconciliation

At least we got to see Andrew find out the truth
                Ditto.

Comment

I'm sure SMG getting pregnant didn't help the case for renewing either... but good for her on that.

Comment

Yes, when I heard that I wondered what impact it would have on the series if it renewed.

Comment

Originally posted by dotsie23
                      It's already gone. The last episode aired a month ago.

Comment

I forgot I hadn't been on here since the news. Yeah, it's not exactly unexpected but still sad. I do wonder why TPTB are not even bothering to shop it to another network (wasn't it originally developed for CBS? Why don't they buy it?) but maybe SMG being pregnant has something to do with that? Not sure.

But poor Kris Polaha...this is his 2nd or 3rd CW show to get canceled, I think?

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
                          But poor Kris Polaha...this is his 2nd or 3rd CW show to get canceled, I think?
                          I liked his character in Life Unexpected(he definitely was the main selling point for me on that show). While he was good in Ringer I think he should get into something more comedy related

Comment

I think SMG being pregnant was the final nail in the coffin, but more than that, the ratings just weren't there. Sure you could blame the competition, or being on The CW, but I don't know that it would necessarily hop to another network with those ratings.

Comment

Here's what Mark Pedowitz (the head of CW) had to say about the end of Ringer from TV Line:
                              What went wrong with Ringer? | “I don’t think anything went wrong with Ringer. I was happy it’s there…. The show was well-crafted, well-produced, well-written, but it was a complicated serialized show” — thus making it especially vulnerable to an extended holiday break. “After it finished a run in the fall and came back in January, the audience went somewhere else. And it just could not find the 18-34 demo that we hoped.”

So they're saying giving it that long break was a big mistake? Hmmm.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎