No announcement yet.

Unintentionally funny moments

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unintentionally funny moments

(I know threads similar to this have been posted before, but I didn't want to bump really old ones. Hope this is okay)

Sometimes being a SV fan means you have to get amusement out of episodes yourself...so what are your favourite 'unintentionally' funny moments from Smallville? Every time I watch Lex dying in Requiem, the drama of the moment is lost because Lex Luthor was killed by.....a cymbol-playing monkey. The idea that he's 'watching' from the Toyman's dummy of all things cracks me up too!

There's a moment in Hidden when Lana's talking, and the head criminal suddenly tells her to shut up. The look she gives him makes me giggle - "You dare tell Lana Lang, princess of Smallville, owner of the Talon, wearer of pink, to shut up? You will perish!"

Shattered - Clark utters the line "if anyone asks, I'll just play dumb!" without a trace of irony.Any more?
    Last edited by Arbar; 05-10-2012, 11:01 AM.

I would go with the final Clark-Lana scene in Magnetic. Generally I hate those end scenes with Clark and Lana where the general premise is Lana comes to see Clark(usually in his loft), they talk for a minute before Lana goes all passive aggressive about keeping secrets, Clark looks dumbfounded as Lana storms out of the place. Sadly this exact scene happened many times in Season 2 + 3 and started becoming redundant, but what makes Magnetic different is I just found it so over the top bad and cliche of everything I hate about those scenes it just became funny

Here is the dialogue from the scene

Lana: Even though my compass was way off with Seth, he still had the courage to be honest with me.
    Clark: Then he used his abilities to manipulate you.
    Lana: I am not condoning what he did, believe me, I’m paying for it. Still felt good, caring for someone and having my feelings returned. I want that again.
    Clark
    : I don’t expect you to wait for me forever.
    Lana: Good. Because one of these days, someone’s gonna come along that’s right for me and I’m going to want to be with that person and you’re going to have to deal with that.

The first line is a classic(ie taking a jab at Clark trying to use some psycho as comparison) but even the rest of the convo is pretty bad.

Comment

1) Lana being shot in the elevator (Noir) and the door closing and opening because her feet was popping out.
      2) Oliver and the 'mosquitos that were eating him alive' during those two years he was in a deserted island
      3) That guy popping out of nowhere (Bride) in Oliver's jet, pendrive in hand, saying he hacked the data from the unplugged router in Clark's hand. Where was he hiding, in the restrooms?

Comment

When Lana discovers who the Green Arrow is in Bride she babbles total IT nonsense (gigabits of RAM or some such...)

Comment

S7 just forgot the name of the episode that's how bad the season was I can't remember the name but, it's when Lois is showing Lex something from her phone and Lex keeps it O_o Lois should of known better than giving her phone to him.

Comment

Originally posted by LoveHurts38
            S7 just forgot the name of the episode that's how bad the season was I can't remember the name but, it's when Lois is showing Lex something from her phone and Lex keeps it O_o Lois should of known better than giving her phone to him.
            I believe that was Fracture. Not sure if that scene is unintentionally funny though, I think it was sort of written with the intention of getting a small chuckle.

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
              I believe that was Fracture. Not sure if that scene is unintentionally funny though, I think it was sort of written with the intention of getting a small chuckle.
              I laughed cause how bad it looked to me.

Comment

There's a scene in Forever where Chloe is distracting Brendan long enough for Lana to smash him over the head with a wooden crate. Doesn't sound too funny, but the actor that played Brendan's expressions throughout the whole scene were hillarious.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                  There's a scene in Forever where Chloe is distracting Brendan long enough for Lana to smash him over the head with a wooden crate. Doesn't sound too funny, but the actor that played Brendan's expressions throughout the whole scene were hillarious.
                  The actor who played Brendan in Forever was great(in the sense I think he came of rather creepy), I never get the hate for that episode myself, I thought it was entertaining

Comment

I also found the "The crown's mine..." line in Spirit quite funny. Don't know if it was intended to be or if they didn't realize how ridiculous it sounded coming from Clark, lol.

The actor who played Brendan in Forever was great(in the sense I think he came of rather creepy), I never get the hate for that episode myself, I thought it was entertaining
                    I agree. It's one I've warmed up to a lot more as years have gone and I look back at high school with nostalgia.

Comment

I also found the "The crown's mine..." line in Spirit quite funny. Don't know if it was intended to be or if they didn't realize how ridiculous it sounded coming from Clark, lol.
                      That scene definitely was written to get a laugh

I agree. It's one I've warmed up to a lot more as years have gone and I look back at high school with nostalgia.
                      Upon a recent rewatch I realized one thing about Forever. I went through an entire episode that heavily featured Lana and Chloe and wasn't annoyed at any point about any action they did or words they said(which in all honestly is very rare, even if it's one small scene in any given episode). Both characters were written how exactly I wish both would have been more often during the entire run of the series, so that has to be worth a couple bonus marks there. Add the fact you have a very proactive Clark(who because Chloe is caught) has to think for himself, wonderful episode

Comment

Imo anything related to the blue kryptonite ring in Blue is hilarious. A ring that dangerous just happened to be a ceremonial piece (because being radioactive is bling!) that just so happens to belong to Clark conviniently stripping his powers. And of course the bad guy counted on this the whole time. And conviniently the ring doesn't come off. The single most hilarious/dumb scene is Clark trying cut the ring off and he just looks like a complete idiot.

Comment

Loving reading these.

I remembered one that's funny when you look at it in context with the rest of the series:

Homecoming. Aw, look, Greg Arkin comes to tell Lois he's grateful to Clark for what he did;
                          "Yeah, him throwing me 40 feet and letting a heavy metal box crush me, which turned me into thousands of bugs really turned my life around..."

Metamorphis: Lex asks Lana where Whitney was the night before...

Lana: "He was with me."
                          Lex: "Are you sure?"
                          Lana looks dumbly as him

....How can you not be sure if someone was with you or not?! They either were, or they weren't. Maybe Whitney used to leave a mannequin in a blond wig and sports jacket next to Lana on the porch swing and sneak off.

The first scene of Lex on the island in Exile featuring him ranting at Lewis, and then whirling round oh-so dramatically to point furiously at...a really obvious photo backdrop. The sudden change from actual scenery to a giant postcard, and Lex's angry gesturing at it makes me burst out laughing every time I see the episode.

Comment

Here is a couple other unintentionally funny moments I just thought about

1. When Lana finds out the wife of her biological dad is so jealous of Lana and how much time he spends with Lana that the wife is going to divorce Henry Small(and just like 5 episodes previous he wanted nothing to do with Lana)

2. The beginning of Metamorphosis when we see both Clark and Bugboy outside spying at Lana. I think we were to assume one was cute and the other was stalking. lol

Comment

2. The beginning of Metamorphosis when we see both Clark and Bugboy outside spying at Lana. I think we were to assume one was cute and the other was stalking. lol
                              So true. I can't believe they didn't see how that scene put Clark in the same position as the FOTW. Spying is creepy, whether it's a bug boy or a future superhero, period.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎