X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney References In This Episode

What ones did you spot?

Jack and the Beanstalk.

Comment

the donkey paperweight on August Boothe's desk- I thought of the pleasure Island that turned boys into jackasses from pinocchio

Comment

There a Mickey Mouse statue in a display case at Mr. Gold's shop. I saw it during the scene were Regina confronts Mr. Gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Degobunny
          There a Mickey Mouse statue in a display case at Mr. Gold's shop. I saw it during the scene were Regina confronts Mr. Gold.
          Yep.............nobody has bought Mickey yet. I didn't see the donkey's teeth, but it could also be a nod to "Shreck".
          Last edited by jpfort1957; 04-23-2012, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jpfort1957
            Yep.............nobody has bought Mickey yet. I didn't see the donky's teeth, but it could also be a nod to "Shreck".

so august is really eddie murphy? I hadn't made that connection good job.

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80
              so august is really eddie murphy? I hadn't made that connection good job.
              August doesnt talk much so Id assume he wouldnt be Donkey from Shrek since that Donkey never shuts up

Comment

Shrek isn't Disney, though, so why give a nod to it?

Comment

Well Shrek is fairytale so i guess they can bring him in. Plus Shrek has taken Disney characters. But might be hard to have Shrek since Shrek is an original creation and owned by dreamworks. Disney owns Once so they can put there characters in it and fairytales i think are public domain so any show or movie can use those. I can picture Shrek in this show tho so if they can get the rights to use him they should use him. Otherwise they can just use a generic ogar and make him shreklike without actually calling him shrek.

Comment

Not disney but I did notice two oil cans on Mr. Gold's shelves. The exact ones used by the tinman in Wizard of Oz.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎