No announcement yet.

HIDDEN and AQUA Official Re-Watch Thread, April 20th, 2012

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SGuthrie27
    I liked Lex's silent, yet slightly disturbed reaction when Clark revealed that he'd defended Lex and that he must've been naive. You can tell that, deep down, he still kind of wishes he had Clark's approval, I think.
    I think you are right - but he knows he has blown his chance for that.

Comment

• Brainiac is awesome. Slowly gaining Clark's trust. I feel bad for Lois, but proud of her because she apologized to Clark for acting the way she did. "Lois I promise...someday you'll meet someone even more special"

See you all next friday for Thirst (Oh Goodie) and Exposed!
      Last edited by Ankhara; 04-20-2012, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• Good episodes tonight. Next week... Thirst and Exposed.

See everyone then!

Comment

• Originally posted by MannaBanana
          I thought they were still at that facility when Lex saw them
          Actually, I checked the scene again, and I believe you are right, MB. Cheers.

Thanks for coming, folks. See you all next week so we can all bag the willies out of Thirst and enjoy Lois' strip-teasing in Exposed.

Comment

• that was good! thanks for the opportunity to join you guys, been in the hospital is not fun BUT next week I'll be better although next week's episodes are kind of shady

Comment

• Well, I'm glad I stayed up for that two-parter! Very cool stuff! The early portions of Season 5 were really pretty good. The issue I had with this seasons was that it would go through periods of having several stellar episodes right in a row, then several clunkers, and so on. Case in point: I don't really like either of next week's episodes, but I LOVE Splinter, Solitude, and Lexmas. Anyway, good night, and see you all next week!

Comment

• Originally posted by kal-el_Girl
                that was good! thanks for the opportunity to join you guys, been in the hospital is not fun BUT next week I'll be better although next week's episodes are kind of shady
                I'm glad to hear that you're okay, that everything went fine, and you're recovering.

Comment

• Originally posted by Supsfan
                  A good show would find a way to work in characters, even if it's just small 15-20 second spot like 3-4 times before they have a bigger purpose. It's sort of like Crisis, I was completely threw for a loop when we find out that the characters work at a Crisis hotline. Something basically felt off about that situation. They easily could have made it seem more natural if maybe they had Lana or Pete mention he Crisis hotline a couple times, or maybe even film one or 2 scenes at the Crisis hotline(instead of one at the Talon with Lana and a character, have a scene of Lana just getting out of her Crisis hotline duty meeting up with a character talking to them, hell you could make the last scene of Velocity that Pete decides to join the Crisis Hotline out of remorse for what he did in Velocity).
                  I am not sure how easy it is to have guest stars appear but I agree they could have mentioned Grant or the Crisis hotline a few times in previous episodes to build them up.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by kal-el_Girl
                  Hi guys, I'm back and cannot wait for the fun to begin!
                  I'm still in the hospital, mainly the rehab wing of the hospital and feeling good. The surgery went amazingly well BUT I had to endure one week of pure hell, it's amazing how one week you feel like a vegetable and the next you're back to you're old self. Thank God for these two weeks and I'll be leaving the hospital this sunday so I'm counting down the hours

In the mean time I'm counting down Hidden to begin!!
                  1:55 mins
                  Get well soon !

----- Added 20 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by SGuthrie27
                  I will say that the one thing that really bothers me about a lot of episodes of Smallville is that when one of the good guys temporarily knocks down or knocks out a bad guy, they don't immediately tie them up, take away their weapon and hold onto it, etc., you know? It would really save them a lot of trouble and headache (and potential near death experiences) later.
                  That is what they all do. Even Lois. And whenever there are two opponents they all forget about the other once they can stand gloating over the first. One wonders if they really ever had some martial arts training...

----- Added 27 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by MrsK
                  I have always found it odd that Lana would go to Lex with Clark's medical file, even if she did overhear his asking for it.
                  I thought it not surprising. She knew he would get it anyway and it was for her an oppurtunity to contact Lex. Once she knew that Lex wanted her (even evil Lex!) she must have planned him as her second objective.
                  Last edited by Freawaru; 04-20-2012, 11:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Originally posted by SGuthrie27
                    I don't really like either of next week's episodes
                    I am not sure how big you are on Chloe being a journalist, but I never get why fans of Chloe who love the fact she is a journalist would not care for either of these episodes. In the first episode Chloe gets her job and in the second episode(Exposed), more then any other episode during the entire series we got to see Chloe go through the entire process of getting a lead, investigating a story(and more then just 1 scene of Chloe finding some info on her computer for Clark, she actually goes out and hunts down a story) then getting an article published(her first to boot)

I personally don't mind Thirst, it's sort of a case it's ok and the show could do much much worse. I am a big fan of Exposed though, I prefer much simplier stories with a nice ending(sadly it was the last episode to end on a Lois/Clark final scene till Season 8 which to me usually were positive because Lois/Clark final scenes up to this point was devoid of "drama" and Clark was generally happy in the scenes. Many times including Exposed we get Lois making a positive comment about Clark to prop him up)

I LOVE Splinter, Solitude, and Lexmas
                    Solitude is to much my life sucks Clark for my tastes(it's one of the main 4 episodes I consider tied to the Jonathon dies storyline), plus the terrible Clark save, as for Lexmas only Smallville can find ways to make Christmas depressing(either with a Drunk Santa or Lex realizing his life will suck no matter what). I personally am not a fan of the overused pattern the show did starting with Lexmas of have characters go to some alternate Universe or time reversal and learn some lesson that will change how they do things from that point on, it to me seemed like very lazy writing. I always wish the show did some standalone Christmas episode not tied to a bigger storyline that was a bit more cheerful
                    Last edited by Supsfan; 04-21-2012, 01:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by skully
                      Brainiac rocks. I reckon TPTB got this casting so right.
                      Oh, yes. Loved JM as Spike, and was so happy to see him at SV again. And Brainiac gets cool lines: "What is the greatest computer in the world?" - points to his own head as an answer...

----- Added 11 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by skully
                      Lex really doesn't like being called a "tool".
                      I suspect, it was the outright threat Clark made on AC's behalf rather than the insult. After all, Clark basically told Lex that AC (and likely others) would try to kill Lex if he didn't stop. And that after what happened at Arrival and a mysterious and powerfull black spaceship.

----- Added 35 Minutes later -----

Can you say "holier than thou?"

BTW, Lex was REALLY evil in this scene -- I mean, this is downright TORTURE. Sure, A.C. was trying to blow up a big, expensive project of his, but taking matters into his own hands, and doing something that could potentially kill that guy (although he doesn't yet know exactly what his true nature is)? Wow. That's REALLY dark for Lex at this stage.
                      To me, it didn't look as if he wanted to kill AC. He questioned him in a room with a high humidity after all. I suspect, he first had him send to one of his laboratories (because that is logical), took blood samples and x-ray and whatever, to make sure he is neither an alien (like the two that killed so many humans in Arrival) nor a meteor freak. Then he found out that AC was drying out, tested how much water he needed to recover, and finally had him moved to that high humidity room he later questioned him in. I doubt it was just a hunch that AC would be able to free himself if Lex let him drink water. And we saw that Lex was right. Denying AC water was not only to question him but also to keep him in his power (instead of the other way round) in the first place.

I thought the string of questions Lex actually askes fascinating. First he asked the obvious, how can AC breathe under water, not being an alien and not being a meteor freak. AC does not answer, makes jokes, accusations, does not look to me as if he suffered all that much. Then Lex brings Clark into it and finds out that AC actually protects Clark. Likely, this speaks for AC in Lex's eyes. Then Lex askes if there is a group that wants him dead (due to Clark's warning). I think he believed AC that he works alone.

AC just begging Lex to stop the project just showed Lex that AC had no experience in this kind of "game" at all. When the Luthors were tortured by the Teaques a few months ago they played it completely different. Of course, AC didn't know about the threat from outer space and thus couldn't know the real reasons why Lex wanted that weapon. But if AC really thougth it was just the money Lex was interested in why didn't he try to make a deal with Lex? He could have offered Lex the location of treasures in the oceans that would have made up for the loss of money for example. But no, it is just "please, please, please" while still not answering Lex his first question. No wonder Lex got rather exasperated.

I loved Lex in this episode. Deliciously evil.

----- Added 39 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by skully
                      The weird scene where Lex can see Crater Lake from the study. Er, since when was the mansion next to the Lake?
                      Didn't Clark throw a meteor freak into the Lake in first season? The one that needed heat? That was near the mansion, too, if I recall correctly. Maybe the Lake was on the other side of the mansion, the one we rarely see.
                      Last edited by Freawaru; 04-21-2012, 06:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Thank you for your thougths, everybody. Made me feel like I was watching the episodes with you together.

Comment

• Good stuff, F.

MannaBanana correctly pointed out that the whole intended military demonstration took place at Lex's lab, and he looked out the lab window (not the study window). My mistake (I checked the scene again on the DVD and while the lighting was similar to the mansion, it definitely was a lab of some sort) and thanks to MB for the correction.

Still, your point about Cool is valid, F. Clark definitely belted Sean Kelvin into a lake near the mansion.

Comment

• Originally posted by skully
                            Good stuff, F.
                            Thank you

MannaBanana correctly pointed out that the whole intended military demonstration took place at Lex's lab, and he looked out the lab window (not the study window). My mistake (I checked the scene again on the DVD and while the lighting was similar to the mansion, it definitely was a lab of some sort) and thanks to MB for the correction.
                            Sorry, must have overlooked it. Good to have this point clarified.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎