Help! What episode?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! What episode?

Hi All,

I need help in relocating an episode. I vaguely recall a scene where we see Lex sitting alone over a game of chess, then Lionel enters and looking at the board tells Lex he won't win in this way (or something like that). Lex replies that he does not play to win but to teach.

Does anybody know the episode this happened in?

I believe that was from Season 5's Mercy.

Comment

Agree 100% with wl66. Lionel came in and accused Lex of being behind the limo train crash incorporating hangman game.

mod edit
      Last edited by Sugar; 04-09-2012, 09:22 PM. Reason: rule 1 linking to fansites

Comment

Hi wl66 and skully,

Thanks a lot. :-)

Whow! It is season five. I thought it to be season six because I thought he meant Lana as "a friend who wants to learn the finer points of chess" (as a way of teaching her to think ahead like a Luthor). But then I re-watched season six "rage" and here it is Lana who enters and finds Lex brooding over chess, again without any partner. And Lana does not even glance at the game. I think she would have if she and Lex had been playing for some time, out of habit at least.

Is Lex's chess partner ever mentioned? Or are there any speculations? (I looked through the discussions of this episode here but chess is not mentioned in the titles)

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎