Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Party On, Garth?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

That ending was so awesome!

Comment

loved loved loved this episode! bobby ghost = awesome times ahead!

Comment

I give it a 10 for the last scene alone it was great seeing Bobby again. Garth is a funny character getting drunk to see a ghost that a new one.

Comment

Ghost Bobby is the only good thing I can say about this episode I Garth became very unlikable for me. His 'you've been garthed' was bland,his sock puppet made me facepalm,and dressing up like a marine. Really offended me pretending to go off to fight for your country just to have an excuse. To see a dead body during a hunter case really rubbed me the wrong way. I liked how Dean and Sam were a tad annoyed I just hope Garth fades into off-screenville.

Comment

C'mon he is a comedic character. You seem to have a weird sense of humour I see.

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
              C'mon he is a comedic character. You seem to have a weird sense of humour I see.
              I have a sense of humor Anu and I know Garth was written up as a comedy relief character.But none of his scenes made me laugh at all not even a muffled giggle or slight grin. A large part of it has to do with DJ Qualls who is much like Michael Cera both come off annoying. Awhile at the same time not really establishing any given talent.

In my personal opinion what makes the comedy on Supernatural great. Is when the characters play off each other or get a reaction. I'll give an example at the end of time for a wedding. Garth gives a sign to Dean that Becky could hook up with him.

Dean's reaction by shooting him down with a stern 'no'. Is what makes the comedic moment funny to me. What made Party on Garth fail was having Garth be the main focus of the episode. As well as having him deliver all the comedy himself.

On top of that DJ Qualls isn't a very good actor in my opinion. Even in the scene near the end where Garth. Had one of the business owners handcuffed to the hot tub. The scene was set up to be a dramatic scene. But even Qualls' performance came off as bland to me.

But the thing that really got under my skin was earlier. When Sam and Dean got caught the scene was only set up for one reason: to make Garth look good. I felt it was a slap in the face to long time fans of the show. The brothers for years have stayed one step ahead of both local police and FBI. But get caught by business owner just from being drunk. While watching security footage no way would they be that careless.

Comment

I'm a bit torn about this episode. First off I was spoiled about Bobby's return (unintentionally. Saw a headline for what I thought was for future episodes but turned out to be about Bobby's return--in the first sentence--so I knew he was back this ep.). Also, I have to admit, I am not a big fan of Garth.

Anyway, back to the beginning.

Oh idiot children! Telling scary stories in the woods is a surefire way to get yourselves ganked.

I did enjoy that Garth has his own music ("That girl is Poison"? Huh). But his scenes ("you've been Garthed") kind of gave me secondhand embarrassment.

The reveal that Dean knows Meg is is on Cas!watch was kind of cool. I still wish we could find out if someone bothered to tell "Emmanuel's" wife--!

Another Kansas case? Seems like we've been going to the old home state a lot lately. I wonder if there's a reason for that?

Garth as a soldier? Named James Brown? And Thighslapper Ale? Um....

Enjoyed seeing Sam back in plaid, though. And back on his computer.

Mr. Fizzles. Okay, that part was equally funny and a little bit disturbing. But it bothered me that Dean couldn't relate to the kid. He's shown before that he's actually pretty good with kids (way back in Season 1 and he took care of Sam, etc., plus Ben). Maybe because this was a girl?

Ah, EMF for the flask (and the reveal that they burned Bobby, which, as hunters they must know that burning the body but keeping something of the person might mean ghost) was a nice touch.

The boys getting drunk (liked Sam's line about can Dean even get drunk anymore). But I thought Sam was a lightweight? (Dean's always joked about it and he seemed to get drunk awfully fast back in Season 2?) And Garth to the rescue.

Sam tried a 'talking' board after Bobby and the beer?

Loved the ritual for the sword!

Sam getting thrown into yet another wall and the sword moving on it's own (Dean thinking it's him and Sam peeking around the corner). And then the teamwork to gank the Shojo.

Awww, Sam got a hug too!

But of course the big thing was the return of Bobby (and Jim taking a page from Mark Sheppard's book and keeping his name out of the credits, not that I could see anyway). I knew from spoilers that Jim was returning this year as Bobby but I thought it wasn't until the final 3 episodes of the season. I would have been rather surprised (again, if I hadn't been spoiled). But it was nice to see him again and made me get a bit misty actually. Now we just need to get 'team freewill' all together and fixed and beat these Leviathans!

So yeah, guess the Garth stuff wasn't a fave but the Bobby stuff was pretty cool (nice to see them resolving that bit at last).

Comment

I really, really enjoyed the episode. Somehow, DJ Qualls is just funny to me in almost anything he does. So Garth was neat to me haha. Plus just how Sam and Dean took his nonsense. Then there was the whole Ghost Bobby reveal, which made things even greater on a whole 'nother level.

Comment

yeah i was wondering about "emanuel's" wife also. they probably didn't bother to tell her, poor girl.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎