Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#2.13 "Beside The Dying Fire" SEASON FINALE!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #2.13 "Beside The Dying Fire" SEASON FINALE!

Count down to the season finale, talk about it live here while it airs, and then let this be the episode thread! This one should be good!
    10 - Let's Keep Walking
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Dead
    0%

I honestly have not been this excited for an episode of television since Smallville's finale.

I think last week caused the excitement.

Comment

Well Michone has arrived. Nice.

Comment

The last shot at the end was awesome!

Comment

Michonne!! The prison!!

Everything was SO badass. Rick has totally lost it. Everything is finally really getting to him.

God. I CAN'T WAIT for this fall!!!!!!!!
          Last edited by amberdawn; 03-18-2012, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by amberdawn
            Everything was SO badass. Rick has totally lost it. Everything is finally really getting to him.
            GREAT finale! But I disagree with you about Rick. Rick is a police officer, trained to serve and protect, and I would agree with him hands down that he has served and protected the entire group the best he can. He does appear to be cracking...but I think the group is completely unjustified in thinking that he is a bad person. He's right...he had to kill his best friend. Unfortunately...noone else from the group was there to see that Shane gave him no choice.

Clearly Lori is still in love with Shane. I can see how she would mourn him, but she is the one who told Rick that Shane came after her. I'm sure she didn't want Shane killed...but Shane was going to kill Rick, somebody had to die. I cannot understand her character.

And then what's up with Carol now? All against Rick saying that he's not safe? Did she forget that it was Rick who spent the weeks running the search party for Sophia? I think Daryl has his head on straight...and I certainly hope that he isn't swayed into believing that Rick has lost it.

And Andrea...no idea what that was that she ran into (never read the comics ). But I want to know!

C'mon fall get here!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Melekith
              GREAT finale! But I disagree with you about Rick. Rick is a police officer, trained to serve and protect, and I would agree with him hands down that he has served and protected the entire group the best he can. He does appear to be cracking...but I think the group is completely unjustified in thinking that he is a bad person. He's right...he had to kill his best friend. Unfortunately...noone else from the group was there to see that Shane gave him no choice.
              You got me wrong, all I meant was what you said, you can see Rick "cracking". That whole speech at the end, "I killed my best friend for you people"... he was on the edge.

I don't agree that Lori was ever in love with Shane.

----- Added 31 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by Melekith
              And Andrea...no idea what that was that she ran into (never read the comics ). But I want to know!
              Her name is Michonne. She's a popular character in the comics.
              Last edited by amberdawn; 03-18-2012, 08:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Everything tonight was badass.

Jeez, I cannot get over the prison and Michonne.

Comment

Rick is cracking. In the comics it's right around this point as they're heading to the prison where everyone realizes Rick is cracking up. But something happens in the prison that pulls him back. It's obvious they're making Rick to be somewhat losing it like in comic. A lot of crazy stuff happens in the prison. But in the comic there were more people involved. A bunch of kids too. But they were people Rick and company picked up along the way. Maybe they hook up with another group of people out there.

Comment

^^ Yup.

Comment

I Just have 3 words to say:

THAT. WAS. AWESOME!

All the action, death and destruction in the beginning was amazing. And Michonnes entrance gave me a total fangasm! She literally looked like she came out of the comics all shrouded in darkness with her Zombie bodygaurds! Cant wait til season 3

Comment

Hershel: "Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind."

^ (Great line.)

Great finale. This season ended up being a lot better than I thought it would be after the season premiere. Without a doubt a more enjoyable season than the first (for me anyway). I guess we now know why Dale had to die -- because there can only be one old-timer in the group, and that's Hershel. Old people are a danger to the group when you think about it -- they can die of old age at any moment, then where would you be? Fending off Grampa Zombie, that's where.

Originally posted by MannaBanana
                        Michonnes entrance gave me a total fangasm! She literally looked like she came out of the comics all shrouded in darkness with her Zombie bodygaurds!
                        Those were bodyguards? They had no arms and it looked like their mouths were covered (basically to make them no threat). Looked to me they were more like horses, pulling her around or something. Although I'm not sure how that would work. She wasn't in any sort of "carriage" or anything.

So there's a comic and the show is following it pretty closely or something eh? Kinda disappointing to hear. Reminds me of how the show Pretty Little Liars follows the books so closely and causes the book readers to know things ahead of time and spoil everything for themselves and others. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
                          Those were bodyguards? They had no arms and it looked like their mouths were covered (basically to make them no threat). Looked to me they were more like horses, pulling her around or something. Although I'm not sure how that would work. She wasn't in any sort of "carriage" or anything.
                          Their jaws are ripped off. With no arms and no jaws, in the comics, after a while they gave up on trying to eat Michonne LOL. She keeps them with her to repel other walkers, I think.

So there's a comic and the show is following it pretty closely or something eh? Kinda disappointing to hear. Reminds me of how the show Pretty Little Liars follows the books so closely and causes the book readers to know things ahead of time and spoil everything for themselves and others. Oh well.
                          The show hasn't followed the comics too closely. For example, Sophia is not even dead in the comic books.
                          Last edited by amberdawn; 04-02-2012, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by amberdawn
                            Their jaws are ripped off. With no arms and no jaws, in the comics, after a while they gave up on trying to eat Michonne LOL.
                            Funny...but does she feed them? I'm just wondering if walkers need to eat to "live" or not. I mean they're always hungry, so stands to reason they must need food to fuel them. Although as I've brought up before, I'm not sure how exactly they process food given they're dead. Technically without a beating heart or working organs they shouldn't be able to metabolize food, much less have working brains or the ability to move. I think I could only accept a supernatural explanation at this point.

She keeps them with her to repel other walkers, I think.
                            They're certainly repulsive to look at, but I'm wondering if that alone is enough to keep the other walkers away... heh

The show hasn't followed the comics too closely. For example, Sophia is not even dead in the comic books.
                            Oh okay, cool.

Comment

Itīs like in season one where they once or twice used Walkergoo to make themselfs stink like Walkers so they donīt get noticed by them. Carrying around two actual walkers is just a more permanent solution to the problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎