#2.11 "Judge, Jury, Executioner"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #2.11 "Judge, Jury, Executioner"

No not Dale.

And when did the zombies become so strong. I thought they were weak when they were alone. One minute he cant get his leg out of the mud the next he's ripping a guys stomach open with his hands.

goodnight sweet prince. oh dale. didn't think it was going to be him kicking the bucket when i heard someone was getting killed tonight. i doubt that zombie was alone and we'll see a zombie mob show up soon.

as for the zombie being strong. i don't see how he could have torn dale apart like that. unless his fingers were bare to the bone and sharp and that's how he tore into the flesh.

watching talking dead now. the nerdist looked shocked as the show opened. wow.

Comment

There goes my favorite character. RIP Dale. I was shocked when it happened too. Yeah Chris looked really shocked and saddened when Talking Dead started. I think all the fans loved Dale and are going to miss him. Isn't the actor who played Dale a regular in Frank Darabont's projects? I swear he was in The Green Mile but wasn't he also in The Mist?

As for the Walker being strong, I didn't think it was him being strong as much as Dale being older than him. It could have been both though.

Btw, is it just me or has Rick's wife really become one character that a lot of fans don't like? She's been really kind of cold and cruel and unlikeable. Only time she was redeeming was when Hershel's daughter attempted suicide. Even then, I felt like she was talking down to Andrea I think it was.

Sorry but the way Shane was bossing Carl around at the end in the barn, i thought Rick was going to beat Shane down then throw him to a Walker.
      Last edited by Austin 3:16; 03-04-2012, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hellnback
        as for the zombie being strong. i don't see how he could have torn dale apart like that. unless his fingers were bare to the bone and sharp and that's how he tore into the flesh.
        Trust me, if it were another character, it wouldn't be a question. If it was Rick, he would live. If it was The Walking Whore, Laurie, she would live (as seen in the previous episode when she killed two by herself).

Part of me wonders if Dale's death was so violent because of what went on behind the scenes (with the actor wanting out shortly after Darabont was fired as showrunner)?

I will miss him being the voice of reason for the others when they lose their way, but part of me is ok with it because -- to me, they gave Dale nothing to do this season besides dislike Shane.

That sentiment goes for other characters, too, like Andrea -- who is still gun crazy. Shane is as unhinged as ever, Laurie's still profoundly bankrupt of morals, Glenn is still the group's guinea pig, and T-Dog literally has no screen time.

I mean, I enjoy the show, but give these characters something to do...!

The only redeeming characters, for me, have been Carol and Daryl. I love the relationship they have with each other.

The biggest WTF moments had to do with Carl. So far, we've been given hints that he's slowly becoming void of emotion and desensitized to violence, but NOTHING that explains his sudden personality change in this episode.

Now, he doesn't listen to anybody, mouths off to Carol, steals a gun, then runs off into the forest so he can throw rocks at a walker before later telling his dad to shoot Randall?! Whatever. Even his reaction after seeing it was the same walker was unbelievable. Plus, he never apologized to Carol -- even if she did blow it out of proportion a little bit.

But, maybe that's the point? I couldn't help but think that he was displaying sociopathic behaviors. If Laurie and Rick don't start REALLY parenting him, that's what's going to happen.
        Last edited by Aries83; 03-05-2012, 12:51 AM.

Comment

There was nothing but bad decisions made in this episode to the point where i started to think everyone was stupid. Carl just became this moron all the sudden and it made no sense at where any of it came from and Rick choosing to once again be the idiot leader of the group. He's going to get everyone killed. sheesh. This was my least favroite episode out of this entire show so far.

Comment

Interesting how things Shane said came to fruition for Carl. He told Carl that this isn't a game and someone could get killed. We see Carl throwing rocks at the zombie thinking it is a game and later the zombie follows him back to the farm and kills Dale. Plus, we have Shane telling Dale that if they let the kid in the barn live and he kills someone, that blood is on Dale's hands. I thought that statement might be foreshadowing for a future episode but I think it does apply to what Carl did. He let the zombie live and the zombie killed Dale. Even if Carl wasn't capable of killing the zombie, if he had told his dad he saw one, the zombie would have been tracked down and killed. Or at the very least, everyone would be on guard that a zombie is roaming nearby.

I am not sure what to do with the guy in the barn. I keep thinking of what happened in Saving Private Ryan when Captain Miller let a German soldier live instead of executing him only to be killed by that soldier later. But, I understand Dale's argument and it is a valid one and that is why I am torn.

Comment

I actually really liked this episode. I am sad that Dale was killed...I did not see it coming and it made it that much more emotional. One mistake that I have always made with my television shows is that I peruse online and read spoilers about future episodes. For The Walking Dead however...I have chosen not to do that and I can honestly tell you...it makes each episode THAT much better.

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
              Btw, is it just me or has Rick's wife really become one character that a lot of fans don't like? She's been really kind of cold and cruel and unlikeable. Only time she was redeeming was when Hershel's daughter attempted suicide. Even then, I felt like she was talking down to Andrea I think it was.
              I agree, and I think this will be realized based on what was shown in the preview clip for next week's episode.

Originally posted by Aries83
              I will miss him being the voice of reason for the others when they lose their way, but part of me is ok with it because -- to me, they gave Dale nothing to do this season besides dislike Shane.

That sentiment goes for other characters, too, like Andrea -- who is still gun crazy. Shane is as unhinged as ever, Laurie's still profoundly bankrupt of morals, Glenn is still the group's guinea pig, and T-Dog literally has no screen time.

I mean, I enjoy the show, but give these characters something to do...!
              I had the same reaction. When the group went inside the house to decide on the captured boy's fate...T-Dog had one line to speak and I remember verbally announcing, out-loud to myself, "Holy crap this guy is still on the show?" lol...

But I don't think it's a matter of giving the characters something to do as much as it is giving the characters a reason to move beyond the farm. I mean let's be honest...this is why the first half of the season was a little slow-going...there's only so much you can write about when you're living on a farm with one walker showing up like once a week.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyGal
                Interesting how things Shane said came to fruition for Carl. He told Carl that this isn't a game and someone could get killed. We see Carl throwing rocks at the zombie thinking it is a game and later the zombie follows him back to the farm and kills Dale. Plus, we have Shane telling Dale that if they let the kid in the barn live and he kills someone, that blood is on Dale's hands. I thought that statement might be foreshadowing for a future episode but I think it does apply to what Carl did. He let the zombie live and the zombie killed Dale. Even if Carl wasn't capable of killing the zombie, if he had told his dad he saw one, the zombie would have been tracked down and killed. Or at the very least, everyone would be on guard that a zombie is roaming nearby.

I am not sure what to do with the guy in the barn. I keep thinking of what happened in Saving Private Ryan when Captain Miller let a German soldier live instead of executing him only to be killed by that soldier later. But, I understand Dale's argument and it is a valid one and that is why I am torn.
                I agree. We have irony and foreshadowing here. Carl could have killed the zombie when he had the gun but didn't. The zombie came back and killed Dale. It was Dale who was instrumental in saving the kid in the barn. This will come back and bite them. You know Shane is right and when it comes to survival he is always right. That is why he is my favorite character in the show. It's basically survival of the fittest at this point. Moral judgements are not always the best for survival. For the best interest of the group they should have just blown the kid in the barns brains out.

Comment

Originally posted by Theshadow129x
                  This was my least favroite episode out of this entire show so far.
                  It ranks low for me, too. For me, it has to do with how violent Dale's death was. He died with literally no dignity. Instead of giving him a more valiant send off, he just has his insides ripped open. How classy.

Plus, Daryl shooting him in the head kind of made his quest (and the debate) to save Randall all the more pointless.

Originally posted by Melekith
                  I don't think it's a matter of giving the characters something to do as much as it is giving the characters a reason to move beyond the farm. I mean let's be honest...this is why the first half of the season was a little slow-going...there's only so much you can write about when you're living on a farm with one walker showing up like once a week.
                  I get what you're saying. All that's left now, honestly, is for walkers to invade the farm -- which is something that's already been foreshadowed anyway.

It just seems like the characters are stuck in a rut personality-wise.

Comment

No offense, but I would've rather had Rick's wife get killed on the show than Dale.

Comment

No offense, but I would've rather had Rick's wife get killed on the show than Dale.
                      She may have a couple more cars to roll and wreck before that happens... We'll have to wait and see...

Comment

I'll take this a step further...I would rather have had Carl die from that bullet. I'm not anti-kids or anything. This is just my personal preference. It's hard to declare how bad the parenting has been on this show as it's supposed to be the zombie apocalypse. We almost have to give some degree of benefit-of-doubt.

But seriously...think about it...

Rick told Sophia to stay put. He was helping her. What does she do? She waits 30 seconds and leaves...
                        Carl sneaks into the captive's hut and Shane scolds him (politely). Carl talks back to Carol and Rick scolds him (politely). What does he do? Goes and finds a gun and a walker...

Kids man...they don't listen.

Comment

Originally posted by Krpyto
                          I agree. We have irony and foreshadowing here. Carl could have killed the zombie when he had the gun but didn't. The zombie came back and killed Dale. It was Dale who was instrumental in saving the kid in the barn. This will come back and bite them. You know Shane is right and when it comes to survival he is always right. That is why he is my favorite character in the show. It's basically survival of the fittest at this point. Moral judgements are not always the best for survival. For the best interest of the group they should have just blown the kid in the barns brains out.
                          Shane may be right sometimes but his way of doing things will be his downfall. Without moral judgements many in that group wouldn't be alive. And something tells me Carl won't hesitate to pull the trigger next time he's in a situation like that. Carl playing around and not shooting the walker cost Dale his life, next time he won't play around.

Comment

I'd want to see the wife die first. Don't know if its the actress or what but I cannot STAND the character!

Comment

As for the Walker being strong, I didn't think it was him being strong as much as Dale being older than him. It could have been both though.
                              It's more of the way he easily tore him apart, I could see an older guy not being able to push him away. The walker went from not being able to get his foot out of the mud and not being able to keep a hold of a little kid. To taking down a cow and ripping a guy's stomach open.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎