Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Dean conciously know that Sam is still struggling in keeping Halucifer out?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Dean conciously know that Sam is still struggling in keeping Halucifer out?

I ask because in the scene where the brothers visit with Jeffery in his "home", after re-visiting Nora and her telling them to look up Jeffery again, Sam deliberately uses his 'press on the hand scar to make Lucifer disappear' method right there in front of Dean (& Jeffery). They didn't make a deliberate shot of Dean noticing the action, so its hard to guess if he knows Sam is still doing it from time to time or maybe that its that Sam does it often enough, he just doesn't give it the attention it deserves?

Just curious. Like I said, it wasn't a hidden action and I know alot is going on with the Leviathans, Bobby dead, no Impala, etc - but I can't believe Dean is just letting his brother suffer without trying to help even a little bit; especially after the whole "stone number one and building on it" pleading from Hello, Cruel World.

I'd say Sam hasn't been talking about it because he doesn't want to put anything more on Dean's plate. Meanwhile Dean thinks that Sam is coping with it and isn't being troubled by it due to him not being vocal or having any violent reactions like before.

Comment

I think Dean knows that sometimes Sam sees hallucinations (Lucifer, at least the impression I got, hasn't been around lately. Well, until this episode). And he uses his 'coping mechanism' (the hand wound) to bring himself back to reality. Dean probably notices when Sam presses like that but wouldn't say anything (Dean's got his own crutch, after all--alcohol) unless it became so bad that pressing didn't stop Sam's problems. And up until the very end, it was working. I think that's why Dean didn't seem to notice.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎