Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Fruit of the Poisonous Tree"?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ebatcl
    I usually like the MM/David scene, but not in last episode, maybe because it doesn't feel right what with Kathryn still between them.
    Exactly.

Comment

I liked this episode. I liked the fact that Giancarlo Esposito got some more screentime, he is a great actor. I thought it was very creative to have him as the genie so awesome! And it all magic comes with a price, now we see it. And the EQ is really, really evil! All in all good performance, good episode. Nice backstory on Sidney btw. 9/10.

Comment

great episode. love this show! and how cute are Mary margaret and David? too cute, that's what. shame we didn't see more of them. i loved the whole genie turning into the mirror story line. it was well written. only thing that bugged me was how quickly the genie was freed at the beginning. i know they had a lot of ground to cover but i couldn't believe the king would be that nice and free him within 2 seconds of meeting him. just a little unrealistic. but liked how they followed the disney genie story. even the wrist bands fell off in the same way. unless the free-the-genie story is an old one that i just don't know about. anyways, i'm loving Once Upon A Time more each week. Next time we need more Mr. Gold. Just seeing him hobble around in the background makes me smile. he's such a great character. the only thing i'm still not liking/buying into is the Emma/Regina rivalry. it's just so preschool to me. i dont see anything really threatening there. i mean last time they were arguing over the sheriff position. this time it was the wooden gazebo/castle thing that Henry likes. i just don't see Evil Queen in Regina. she has the same menacing face but it doesn't have the same effect when she's threatening a pink slip as opposed to ripping someone's heart out of their chest.
        Last edited by SVfan87; 02-02-2012, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Agree, esp with the bolded.
          Well, the key used to let the snake out seemed similar to the keys Emma found, hence who knows how many horrors Regina has in store for everyone .
          And I found it a bit disturbing that the EQ's father, Henry, was involved in the deceit.
          I dunno, I liked him before.
          I know what you mean, but I think Henry (EQ's Father) was so completely devoted to his daughter that his love for her made him blind. I mean, the guy was willing to be her servant just so he could be near his daughter, and that shows the amount of devotion he has for her. He accepted daily humiliation, with people not even knowing he was her father (it wouldn't surprise me if the King and Snow didn't know it either). That alone proves he was devoted to her to the point of insanity.

I usually like the MM/David scene, but not in last episode, maybe because it doesn't feel right what with Kathryn still between them.
          I agree. It did bother me too. It feels tainted now...

And I really don't like the stranger, not one bit.
          I do think he wrote the book, though.
          I am not sure if he did, as for liking the stranger or not, only time will tell. So far he is not high on my list either.

I think that the episode was interesting, but nothing really special. I gave it a 7. Several little things bothered me while watching, and I just couldn't enjoy it completely. Emma's naiveté was one of them, I really expected more of her. The genie's stupidity was another one that bothered me. It was obvious that Regina wasn't going to kill herself. If she really wanted to do it, she wouldn't do it in front of a man who loved her, because he prevent her from doing it. I mean, seriously, how stupid could he be? A man that has been around for centuries and witnessed all kind of stupidities fall for that?

That is why I gave it a 7, I guess.
          Last edited by liana; 02-03-2012, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎