No announcement yet.

Alcatraz Theories & Speculation

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, something new to ponder

Theories: Not enough information to formulate any good theory. There appears to either be a time travel or parallel universe thing going on here.

Speculation:
    • Tommy Madsen is the key individual in all of this. He got loose, and TPTB (in show) want him back, but don't want to unleash everything they have to do it.
    • Dr. Soto is going to smell a rat (named Emerson Hauser) as it becomes more obvious that Lucy was on Alcatraz back in the 60's
    • "Uncle Ray" is going to get sucked into all of this whether he likes it or not. (Hey, this is speculation.)

Off to the episode topics!

Comment

Originally posted by shield4life
      Good theories Xanderman ...

What if alcatraz series eventually connect to Terra Nova

(Time travel, both on monday nights)

LOL Just kiddin'
      Thanks and you could be on to something Shield....maybe the twist will be that Soto is actually a dinosaur...

Madsen: Dude I knew were "big" but I had no idea you were prehistoric!
      Soto: I find that offensive.

Originally posted by spotteddog
      My thought at the beginning of the show was that prisoners were put into suspended animation as a way for them to serve their sentences without the expenses of eating or being guarded. However, someone with a different plan in mind corrupted the experiment, and now the prisoners are waking up with some kind of mission. I also thought that maybe something went wrong, and more than the prisoners got caught in the experiment.
      And part of that plan would undoubtedly have been to modify their behaviors/"cure" them of their criminal tendencies during their time "under" (Lucy's area of expertise). (In other words, Demolition Man as darkphoenix21 mentioned above.) And this too would have been corrupted. But the stars in the night sky "disappearing" seem to imply something even more "out there" is going on. I don't think it's suspended animation based on the hints from Guy Hastings. Also the inmates "reappeared" out of thin air, in locked rooms/locked buildings etc in at least one instance if I remember right, with no sign of how they could've entered. This seems to allude to some sort of space/time transport.

Originally posted by PaulNeb
      Theories: Not enough information to formulate any good theory. There appears to either be a time travel or parallel universe thing going on here.
      [*]Dr. Soto is going to smell a rat (named Emerson Hauser) as it becomes more obvious that Lucy was on Alcatraz back in the 60's
      And if we're dealing with time travel, and if the inmates did indeed literally jump forward in time, this opens up the possibility of people traveling backward in time as well. Meaning certain people, like Lucy, may not actually be from the past. Maybe she traveled back in time from the future. (I can't recall if they mentioned when she was born or the time period she grew up.)

Comment

Not really a fan of the Cryogenics, or Cloning..... Is anyone familiar with the Philadelphia Experiment???? Project Rainbow? I know those were from the 40's, but would fit rather nicely here.......... Right up until they introduced the door in the basement. Now I kinda lean toward the alien abduction theory. I can't see the doorway being the doorway to hell, but it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.

Comment

The MKULTRA program:
          It has been reported that some of the inmates on alcatraz did participate in the MKULTRA program. The MKULTRA program was a secret CIA program used to studie and examinin methods of influencing and controlling the mind, and of enhancing their ability to extract information from resistant subjects during interrogation in the 1950-1960s which relates quite well to the show and secrative testing being done as well as lucys work on removing memories.

Dreams and memories seem to be key at the moment. Lucy is stuck in dream state, Jack dosent dream anymore and they are trying to remove memories from inmates to cure them. Also Nikki has worn a sandman shirt both times we have seen her and the sandman is the controller of dreams (there are quite a few other similarities between sandman and alcatraz also). Im not entirely sure how any of this relates to the time traveling yet but im sure whatever is in that hatch (i mean behind that door) will give us some idea.

Im not a fan of the cryogenics theory, i realy hope it has nothing to do with that.

ps. why arn't they searching for Tommy, they know he is out there somewhere and they know he is important. I also dont know why they arnt quizzing ray a little more because that man clearly knows more than he is letting on.
          Last edited by dreams; 02-22-2012, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Theories: They are robots. All memories were included and some "extra orders" too...

Tommy Madsen was the first of them. They took hes blood to see if he was working perfectly. He knows the truth, that's why he is being hidding. Probably all 63īs are dead.

So far i only have two clues about that:

First one: "Elijah Baley Tiller".
            Elijah ("Lije") Baley is a fictional character in Isaac Asimov's Robot series. He is the main character of the novels The Caves of Steel, The Naked Sun and The Robots of Dawn, and of the short story "Mirror Image".

Second: And more sutil... At the end of episode 06,
            Hauser said "Fix her" to the doc about Lucy. Why "Fix her"?

Sorry if my english sucks.

Comment

One thing I don't get that I think is crucial to figuring this all out is why as soon as they return they all immediately return to their old ways of killing people. You'd think at least one of them would resist their insane urges in order to first figure out what the hell happened to them, how they got to the future, or maybe even thank God for this second chance for newfound freedom and an opportunity to change their ways. Instead, every single one of them almost immediately goes back to crime? Surely this all has to be part of the programming that was done to them. Or perhaps, if it's time travel, an unintended side effect to jumping forward in time (brain compensates for the sudden shift forward in time by shifting the frame of mind backward in time to an earlier state, when they were most happy--in other words, when they were brutally killing people). lol

Originally posted by Scooter88310
              Now I kinda lean toward the alien abduction theory.
              Yes aliens is a possibility, as I previously joked about above. The fog, the disappearance of the stars in the night sky, etc, can be attributed to an alien encounter. And Soto had a traumatic experience when he was a kid, he said he was abducted (but he didn't say by who, or what). If the aliens gang-probed him it would explain a lot. lol j/k

Originally posted by dreams
              The MKULTRA program:
              It has been reported that some of the inmates on alcatraz did participate in the MKULTRA program. The MKULTRA program was a secret CIA program used to studie and examinin methods of influencing and controlling the mind, and of enhancing their ability to extract information from resistant subjects during interrogation in the 1950-1960s which relates quite well to the show and secrative testing being done as well as lucys work on removing memories.

Dreams and memories seem to be key at the moment. Lucy is stuck in dream state, Jack dosent dream anymore and they are trying to remove memories from inmates to cure them. Also Nikki has worn a sandman shirt both times we have seen her and the sandman is the controller of dreams (there are quite a few other similarities between sandman and alcatraz also). Im not entirely sure how any of this relates to the time traveling yet but im sure whatever is in that hatch (i mean behind that door) will give us some idea.
              Yes the dreaming (or no more dreams) thing is the latest clue we have to work with. If it's time travel, maybe they don't dream because their bodies/minds need more time to "catch up" to the time period they immediately jumped to. Sort of like time zone adjustment time due to long distance airplane travel, except more extreme. If it's alien abduction, the aliens probably made sure to stop their dreams so they wouldn't dream about (and then remember) all the gang-probing that was done to them. lol If it's connected to behavior modification/mind control experiments etc, their normal brain functions might've been messed up, interfering with natural sleep processes like REM sleep. And Star Trek TNG taught us that if you don't dream, you gradually go insane. Maybe taking dreams away from people who are already insane (well, criminally insane) like these psychopathic murderers has the opposite effect and cures them? lol nah they're still nuts and killing people.

Originally posted by Midgard
              Theories: They are robots. All memories were included and some "extra orders" too...

Tommy Madsen was the first of them. They took hes blood to see if he was working perfectly. He knows the truth, that's why he is being hidding. Probably all 63īs are dead.

So far i only have two clues about that:

First one: "Elijah Baley Tiller".
              Elijah ("Lije") Baley is a fictional character in Isaac Asimov's Robot series. He is the main character of the novels The Caves of Steel, The Naked Sun and The Robots of Dawn, and of the short story "Mirror Image".

Second: And more sutil... At the end of episode 06,
              Hauser said "Fix her" to the doc about Lucy. Why "Fix her"?

Robots is a funny theory...not sure how it would account for the escaped prisoners suddenly appearing in locked buildings/rooms with no sign of entrance though. But I guess with robots you just never know... I'd like to add this to your theory: Soto is a robot. I think this because he had a traumatic childhood experience of being abducted (and transformed into a robot I could only assume). lol j/k Your robot theory is similar to the cloning theory. But so far I think a more extraordinary explanation is required in order to account for such things as the fog, the stars in the night sky disappearing, and the appearance of the 63's out of thin air in places with no signs of how they got in. The no-dreams thing however is very robot, very cloned/manufactured human being though.

Comment

Demoliton Man you mean?

Originally posted by spotteddog
                My thought at the beginning of the show was that prisoners were put into suspended animation as a way for them to serve their sentences without the expenses of eating or being guarded. However, someone with a different plan in mind corrupted the experiment, and now the prisoners are waking up with some kind of mission. I also thought that maybe something went wrong, and more than the prisoners got caught in the experiment.

Now my question has become - do TPTB actually know the answers, or are they just winging it? I seem to recall reading that TPTB for Lost did not have all answers until the end of the show.
                So like in demolition man they were put into some kind of experimental stasis but whoever knew about it either kicked the bucket and the operational security meant they lost the notes and files somerwhere in Area 51 so that when the safeties kicked in and released the slumbering guinea pigs they wandered around until the series took notice by having some appear in sealed rooms with no apparent means of getting in there that the viewers' know of...

Somebody failed to keep them amused with rehabilitation tapes so they could learn stuff such as knitting, tai chi, domestic studies and then the ones going to work for the govt or whoever else is behind it the how to kill in thirty short lessons since you're all convicted murderers anyway exercise...

Oh dear does this mean Wesley Snipes will be getting involved?

Comment

Newest clue: Experiments were done on a portion of the 63's, but not all. Some have "colloidal silver" in their blood which has healing/regenerative properties. However the fact that not all 63's underwent such procedures eliminates this as being connected to the cause of their trip to the future, as they all vanished from 1963, but it's not just the "Colloidals" who are resurfacing. For a time it seemed like the "cloning" theory was being supported (with the notion of the men being in perfect health), but the latest 63 had normal blood/wasn't anything special, and yet he's back too.
                  Last edited by Xanderman; 03-08-2012, 12:38 AM.

Comment

I heard someone point out the number patterns... lots of 3's and 11's. The Sonny Burnett episode added to it. With the first kidnapper episode, and this one, we have a total of 3 kidnapping victims... She 'escaped' after 3 months. even the year they jumped. 6 and 3. Any number crunchers out there make anything of it?

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎