Damon and Elena

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This place needs more DEx.

Comment

Okay guys, I've been absent from this thread because life was busy but I feel that it's time to revive it. Delena has been doing well in recent weeks and sure they've had their ups and downs but that just makes their journey all the more interesting. It never gets boring with those two.

LETS GET THIS THREAD ROCKING!

Comment

[SPOILER] DELENA ROAD TRIP!!!![/SPOILER]

Comment

^^Agreed.

It would be really nice to have a place to discuss DE with other fans.

Comment

Its a shame this thread has only two pages so far.

Comment

So guys....when do you think that Elena's feelings first started shifting towards Damon?

Comment

Originally posted by Loulou26
                So guys....when do you think that Elena's feelings first started shifting towards Damon?
                2x8. When Damon told her he loved her and then compelled her to forget. For me, in season 1, the furthest they got was friendship. Then when Damon was rejected twice in 2x1 and lashed out, he destroyed everything he had built with Elena. She spent the next several episodes mad at him, as he tried to fix the damage. Personally, I think she officially forgave him in 2x8, because of what he told her. Because he showed her that he is selfless and that he would give her up if it meant she would be happy. And even though he made her forget it all, I think it still changed her opinion of him. In season 1, Jeremy mentioned that even though Damon compelled away his pain, it was still there. "Even if I can't remember why. I still feel empty, alone." The compulsion was not able to take away his feelings. So when Damon compelled Elena after confessing his love to her, whatever feelings she developed in that scene, they did not go away. They stuck with her ever since. That's what helped Elena forgive Damon for his actions in 2x1, and that's when she realized she could have something with him.

Comment

Originally posted by LordOnox
                  2x8. When Damon told her he loved her and then compelled her to forget. For me, in season 1, the furthest they got was friendship. Then when Damon was rejected twice in 2x1 and lashed out, he destroyed everything he had built with Elena. She spent the next several episodes mad at him, as he tried to fix the damage. Personally, I think she officially forgave him in 2x8, because of what he told her. Because he showed her that he is selfless and that he would give her up if it meant she would be happy. And even though he made her forget it all, I think it still changed her opinion of him. In season 1, Jeremy mentioned that even though Damon compelled away his pain, it was still there. "Even if I can't remember why. I still feel empty, alone." The compulsion was not able to take away his feelings. So when Damon compelled Elena after confessing his love to her, whatever feelings she developed in that scene, they did not go away. They stuck with her ever since. That's what helped Elena forgive Damon for his actions in 2x1, and that's when she realized she could have something with him.
                  You have a point, I didn't think about that actually. That even though he made her forget, she would still feel differently because of what he said. She just didn't know why. I think her feelings began to really shift, to the point of her noticing more and more when Damon was bitten by Tyler. I think she truly felt fear at losing him. And she didn't want to admit that she felt something for both brothers

Comment

Originally posted by Loulou26
                    You have a point, I didn't think about that actually. That even though he made her forget, she would still feel differently because of what he said. She just didn't know why. I think her feelings began to really shift, to the point of her noticing more and more when Damon was bitten by Tyler. I think she truly felt fear at losing him. And she didn't want to admit that she felt something for both brothers
                    Yeah, that was definitely another big shift in their relationship. Concerning her fear of losing him, you could say the kiss was out of pity, or maybe she kissed him because she never would have had the chance. Because really, even if the guy is dying and he's madly in love with you, your first thought wouldn't be to kiss him on the lips while you are in a serious relationship with his brother. You only do that if you have some kind of feelings for him as well.

Comment

You know... For me I can't think of one defining moment. I think it was little things along the way. The conversation she had with Matt in 3x16, '1912', I think Elena described it perfectly. Damon snuck up on her. She didn't realize it until she was feeling things for him and Elena, herself, probably couldn't even pinpoint it. I think it was a general shift over the entire arc of the show.

I do agree that the near-death of Damon probably unburied a lot of the feelings she was hiding from. Thinking of him being gone made her realize things that she'd been pushing away. And we always think of how things would be different and she was probably wondering what to say to him as he died. In that, she allowed things to surface. After that, she couldn't push them down anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by LordOnox
                        Yeah, that was definitely another big shift in their relationship. Concerning her fear of losing him, you could say the kiss was out of pity, or maybe she kissed him because she never would have had the chance. Because really, even if the guy is dying and he's madly in love with you, your first thought wouldn't be to kiss him on the lips while you are in a serious relationship with his brother. You only do that if you have some kind of feelings for him as well.
                        I definitely don't think it was a kiss of pity. Especially with how tender and hesitant it was. I think for the first time she was unguarded with Damon. He was dying and she wanted to be honest with him, because I think that is how Elena is. And she knows Damon values her honesty more than anything. We've seen him time and time again, choose reality over fantasy. She wanted to show him that she did feel something for him, no matter how small she probably thought it was at the time.

Comment

Happy Delena Thursday!

Comment

Those gifs....gah! Why are these two so hot? Maybe its the real life relationship, comes across on screen...IDK

Comment

^It must have some effect. The passion is so strong.

Comment

I like Damon and Elena separately. I am gonna struggle with this.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎