Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saving The CW

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supsfan, that's a great idea! I remember WB used to premiere and air really great shows in the summer. Baby Blues, Young Americans and even Dead Last may not have done monumental ratings, but they were great shows to watch. ANTM in the summer could be a blessing in disguise for the network.

My suggestion has nothing to do with what goes on the channel but everything to do with selling. If CW wants to make the network more successful, they should reopen The Warner Brothers Studio Stores. I think the stores were very fun and didn't just have to do with The WB Television Network. They sold more stuff there too. They could always use it to promote The CW by selling merchandise promoting Supernatural, Arrow and other great shows of course. Also consider though what movies are coming up. The Dark Knight Rises, The Hobbit films and the upcoming Superman: The Man Of Steel. Just from selling shirts and other stuff with those brands on them, they could make TONS!
    Last edited by Austin 3:16; 05-11-2012, 09:23 PM.

Comment

• I think given the shows picked up and what has been renewed...The CW needs a plan B for mid season...I am interested in Arrow, B&TB, Cult and I will be watching TVD in the fall...but I am not sure The CW has an "IT" show in that line up...TVD have fallen off in ratings from S1 so even if it gets better rating than the rest of the shows...it isn't that "IT" show anymore.

Comment

• I think the new "IT" show will be Arrow. Coming off a Smallville comparison could be the best thing a show like that could have happen. It isn't technically a spinoff but any connection may very well be a blessing for a new show. Smallville had the biggest series premiere ratings in the history of The WB. Could that rub off on Arrow. CW is extremely hungry for a hit. Can't wait to see the first commercial!

Comment

• I am hoping Arrow is that new "IT" show. It will be exciting to see the first promo.

Comment

• Same here. I'm only sad Britt Robertson's show was cancelled. Reminds me of when Bruce Campbell's shows were good but only lasted one season each. Brisco County Jr and Jack Of All Trades were both great shows but unfortunate decisions by networks left them cancelled. Fortunately, Bruce went on to be on Burn Notice and that show is still running hot. Hope Britt finds her Burn Notice.

Comment

• I am completely sad that TSC was canned...I love Britt and enjoyed Life Unexpected and enjoyed her on TSC...I hope she can get a show soon.

[edit] I was looking at ratings for soaps...there are only Young And The Restless, Bold And The Beautiful, General Hospital & Days Of Our Lives...I am not sure what is up with The CW day time picture...I know they have Dr Drew's show but maybe a bold move would be to produce a soap? The landscape for soaps is looking grim but the fan-base is hardcore and could gravitate to a new series. I know this is one of those crazy ideas that will never happen...but The CW needs to make bolder moves and create buzz for the network.
              Last edited by Caught_In_The_Sun; 05-12-2012, 04:29 PM.

Comment

• CW is going to remove Lifechangers this fall I believe for another talk show Caught. It is a total shame they don't take chances on their weekdays anymore. A good soap could do wonders for the network. I'd rather see shows like Smallville or Kids' WB! back than talk shows.

It's funny. Back when Kids' WB! started, the landscape was totally different. We had The Disney Afternoon but Fox Kids was really the only lineup branded by an actual network for kids like that. Even Fox Kids was starting to run its course. Kids' WB! changed everything. They were able to use Warner Bros cartoons for a WB network and did it pretty successfully. At first, the channel's kids lineup was a modest hit. Then, that little Pokemon series came along and changed everything.

Kids' WB! blew Fox Kids out the door. Flash forward to now and we have talk shows in those timeslots? The kids shows should never have been removed. Ratings weren't hurting. The fanbase was loyal. That kids lineup could have run for a lot longer. I know the same lineup wouldn't have been there forever but good shows will always get good ratings. For crying out loud, they aired ads for the shows on monitors @ Six Flags! That's true and smart promotion right there if I ever saw it. The station should get back to being loyal to kids shows. That is the most loyal audience I think. Like Craig I think said earlier, the kids who watched those shows grew up to watch The WB series. That should be how it happens with The CW today. It would be smart, revolutionary marketing.

Comment

• I think if The CW can make it's 10 hours of prime-time a success then they may do stuff with day time and add another day back to their line up...of course that will take years and working it out with affiliates...but if it can't make those 10 hours a success...the network is done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caught_In_The_Sun
                    [edit] ...but The CW needs to make bolder moves and create buzz for the network.

That's what they did with Gossip Girl. And that's why it keeps getting renewed, despite bad ratings.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Caught_In_The_Sun
                    I am hoping Arrow is that new "IT" show. It will be exciting to see the first promo.
                    Me too. I think last year we starting seeing promos for the new shows after the upfronts.
                    Last edited by Sugar; 05-16-2012, 09:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• The promo for Hart Of Dixie was when I could see a change starting for The CW. I was reminded of The WB with those promos.

I agree Caught that if CW makes the primetime lineup work, we could c a new daytime lineup and another day added. It may take awhile of course like u said, but if it means bringing back the cartoons and stuff like that, it is definitely worth waiting for.

Not only that but if I remember correctly, when The WB Television Network premiered it was only one night a week. They expanded slowly into the channel we all knew and loved and miss to this day. The strategy of taking their time and getting good shows on the air isn't a bad one if it means we get nights like Big Sunday and shows like Smallville Beginnings or Kids' WB! back someday. Definitely patience could pay off.
                      Last edited by Austin 3:16; 05-16-2012, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• ^ Well Mark P said he wanted to bring back the laughs to The CW...I was catching up on Melissa & Joey on ABC Family and that would have been perfect for The CW...I know some people aren't too high on it...but I think it is hilarious. I am not sure when CW would do sitcoms again...maybe in their Summer schedule in the near future?

Comment

• Arrow and Supernatural to break it down on Wednesdays! Thank u Mark Pedowitz and The CW! This is a major way to save the network.

Mark said they are looking to bring sitcoms back and mentioned New Girl and Don't Trust The... as shows that would've worked for the network. The best 2 sitcoms The WB ever had were Reba and What I Like About You. They spoke to people and were genuinely entertaining. If we can get shows like them, then it will definitely raise the bar for the channel.

I think this coming season reflects a new change towards bringing back the spirit and flavor of our long lost WB. I haven't been this excited for the network since its beginning. I haven't been this excited for a new show since Smallville.

Comment

• The schedule seems like a step in the right direction...but I honestly think adding stuff like The Carrie Diaries isn't. We shall see how this all plays out. I can't wait to see the trailers. Hopefully they will be up when I get back from grocery shopping.

About sitcoms...I can't say New Girl & Don't Trust The B* In Apt 23 are appealing to me...Melissa & Joey seem more like the spirit of Reba and What I Like About You IMHO. I really think Breaking In could have done better on The CW than FOX...it was great S1 with Rosenbaum and probably would have played better with the CW audience with it having MR and Bret Harrison.

Arrow & Beauty And The Beast are what I am looking forward to the most...Cult close behind.

Comment

• the new schedule!

I'm not a fan of moving Supernatual...but I understand why they did it. They couldn't exactly put Arrow on a Friday. I think they should have moved Nikita instead, if they're so crazy about the show they've been advertising it everywhere lately.

Interesting that they're going to put Cult on a Friday.

Comment

• I keep reading that 'The Selection' is still alive cause The CW wants to capitalize on the success of 'The Hunger Games'...um...no...want to capitalize on something...how about a Justice League series? I mean The Avengers are IT! Seriously...Justice League, Teen Titans, Legion Of Superheroes...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎