Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saving The CW

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I were to recommend a show to reboot for the CW, I would suggest something along the lines of Outer Limits, Twilight Zone, or Tales from the Crypt. What the CW really needs to do is to get a show that people can watch out of order and not be completely lost. I love serialized shows but at the same time they are not as likely to grab new viewers.
    Last edited by Degobunny; 03-28-2012, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
      That stinks that they don't own the rights. I think The WB had the best variety for quite a few yrs and wish it could have been extended.

Hmmm Saving NBC. Sounds good. I'll get on that ty for the suggestion.
      haha...saving NBC, well they need to focus on there sitcoms, which are really the bread and butter of NBC. Also if they get someone like Ron Moore who comes to you with an awesome concept for a show like 17th Precinct, then put the show to series, Ron Moore can do no wrong.

Comment

One thing they could try is splitting the seasons in halves instead of takings so many breaks. I think the CW is the worst at this. Two 11-episode runs. And try to keep all the shows all the same schedule don't have half the week in reruns and the other new episodes. They lose so many people throughout the season because they don't know when the show is on. And when get a new episode they missed a lot and give up on it.

Comment

Smallville84, great idea! They should definitely take a look at BBC America when they did that for the latest season of Doctor Who. Also, USA does an amazing job of doing that. They also always say "Suits will be back this summer" and other stuff like that so people have an idea of when it returns. Ty for the suggestion smallville84!

Comment

If CW doesn't want to bring back their kids shows to weekdays, I'd suggest teaming with Disney to bring back The Disney Afternoon. That was one of the best lineups ever! Why Disney hasn't brought that back yet on one of their own networks is beyond me.

Comment

I think the CW needs to look for quality programming. Jack and Bobby to me was an example of quality entertainment, to me that was a show that could have appealed to wide-range of audiences. Tarzan is another example of a quality programming that unfortunately did not do well, but could have had huge if it had been paired with Smallville. What made these shows good was they were not directed just at one demographic. The CW needs to look outside the teen audience if it wants to become a contender.

Comment

I agree entirely with that point.

I think Everwood is owned by WB. Could they replay that if they wanted?

Comment

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
                  If CW doesn't want to bring back their kids shows to weekdays, I'd suggest teaming with Disney to bring back The Disney Afternoon. That was one of the best lineups ever! Why Disney hasn't brought that back yet on one of their own networks is beyond me.
                  It would never happen, for the reason you just posted above. If Disney were to ever do that, they'd do it on one of their own networks.

The Kids WB! would work better, or repurposing some Cartoon Network shows since it's the same company, but it doesn't look like either is happening any time soon.

Comment

The thing I believe CW needs is to bring in new shows that are centered to all demographics. Meaning both male and female audiences when Dawn was in charge the only shows we got were centered on. Female viewers which consisted of sex sells way of thinking. I remember a decade ago there use to be a hand full of shows i'd watch many of them. Would be on the WB network which would last most of the week now for the CW it's only two shows. Vampire Diaries and Supernatural with Being Human on SyFy only for a few months speaking of SyFy. Their episode promos are more appealing than anything from the CW and that's saying a lot.

Comment

Based on what you heard of the pilots so far. What are the top 4 would you want picked up? [In order of importance]

Mine are:
                      1. Arrow
                      2. The Selection
                      3. Cult
                      4. Beauty & The Beast

Comment

1. Cult
                        2. Beauty and the Beast
                        3. The Selection
                        4. Joey Dakota
                        5. Arrow
                        6. Carrie Diaries
                        7. Shelter
                        8. First Cut
                        Last edited by Degobunny; 03-28-2012, 07:13 PM.

Comment

1. Arrow
                          2. Cult
                          3. The Selection
                          4. Beauty and The Beast

I agree totally about the Kids' WB! That's definitely how I would do it too. Back when the lineup was at its peak, they used to air shows like Pokemon as well as CN mainstays such as Scooby-Doo and DBZ. They aired it under the Toonami name too and it worked beautifully. Can't we get that back again?

I think I asked earlier but I'll expand on it a little. WB owns the rights to Everwood I think. It says Warner Bros on the dvd case at a store I go to and I didn't see any other logos. If they air shows like they do with Everwood, Supernatural and Smallville, theoretically could they air reruns on a retro night ala Teennick's The '90s Are All That? Also could they mix in shows like Jack and Jill if they own those rights?
                          Last edited by Austin 3:16; 03-28-2012, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Degobunny
                            Unfortunately Abbrams has been pretty direct in his view that as long as he is running the trek franchise it is not going back to TV. If they ever did do another Trek series and if it was brought to the CW though, I would put Ron Moore in charge.
                            CBS really has the say...not Abrams...but Abrams being involved would help...there are a slew of rumors of people with potential ideas for a new Trek series...but I think since Abrams is going on the big screen...TNG re-boot would work on the small one...again it is up to CBS(Les Moonves) for a TV series since Paramount has movie rights which involves Abrams. I personally don't see Trek on CBS or Showtime.

Comment

Originally posted by Caught_In_The_Sun
                              CBS really has the say...not Abrams...but Abrams being involved would help...there are a slew of rumors of people with potential ideas for a new Trek series...but I think since Abrams is going on the big screen...TNG re-boot would work on the small one...again it is up to CBS(Les Moonves) for a TV series since Paramount has movie rights which involves Abrams. I personally don't see Trek on CBS or Showtime.
                              Abrams has said as long as he is in control of the franchise and making Star Trek movies there will be no new Star Trek series on TV. He is for Star Trek what Nolan is for Batman. Also the rights to Star Trek is split up between a bunch of people at the moment and it would be hard to get Star Trek back on the air at that point. Lastly Voyager was mediocre ratings wise but Enterprise was awful and drove the Star Trek franchise into the ground. I am sorry and I am saying this as a huge Star Trek fan we will not be seeing a new Star Trek TV show for a long time.

I do not see another trek show on CBS I agree. They had DS9 and could not be bothered to give it a decent time slot. If the CW was going to do a Star Trek series I do not think it would be a TNG reboot. If anything it would be a show about Starfleet academy.
                              Last edited by Degobunny; 03-29-2012, 07:00 AM.

Comment

I'd love to see a Starfleet Academy series. It was great when they showed it in the reboot movie and I would love to see more of it. There were also rumors Abrams friend Greg Grunberg was going to play a Starfleet captain in a Trek show after the movie was released but it didn't happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎