Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saving The CW

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was that show about? I think I remember it but im not sure.

Loved the return of Whose Line last night. Laughed so hard esp when they did Living Scenery in the first ep. Hope it did well in the ratings. The show deserves to return and be on as much as possible u know?

Comment

• Well, Les Moonves came out and said what we knew all along about The CW. The network operates at a loss. Owners CBS and Warner Bros. produce all the programming for the network, so they are still able to make money by selling programming to themselves and then to others. The shows they produce brings in more than enough revenue to offset the losses, thus the network still has value.

That's all well and dandy for CBS and WB, but that leaves the affiliates with jack squat. They have to put up with low ratings and pay reverse compensation to the network. If CW doesn't find a way to make financial sense to local outlets, a large scale affiliate revolt when the contracts are up in 2016 isn't out of the question.

Comment

• CW announced that Whose Line will return for a 2nd season! Thats what I like to hear and ty to everyone for making the return such a big success.

Also Supernatural returns a week earlier than planned? Sounds like the network this fall is doing just about everything right to me.
        Last edited by Austin 3:16; 07-29-2013, 10:22 PM.

Comment

• The Flash is speeding up in development. With the character being introduced on Arrow, they are looking to spin him off to his own series eventually.

http://m.deadline.com/2013/07/cw-eye...-david-nutter/

Comment

• oh my world.
            this is so exciting

Comment

• Anyone thought that CW really stepped it up recently?
              Looking at the pilots, my "pass list" are

1. Tomorrow People
              2. The 100
              3. The Originals

Looking at the "will probably be cancelled list"
              1. Carrie Diaries
              2. Nikita (last season)
              3. Beauty and the Beast
              4. Star Crossed

But no biggie because we still got our big 3
              1. TVD
              2. Arrow
              3. Supernatural

and then theres Flash and Supernatural spin off in the making, both of which are more or less confirmed to get at least 1 renewal.

Looks like there really is a solid building blocks this season. I can't wait for the 1 hour comedy block with a half hour multi camera/single camera comedy followed by Whose Line.

Anyone else as excited as I am?

Comment

• Originally posted by gmster
                The CW has made its first move in next season's slate, and is developing an adaptation of a Venezuelan telenovela by the creator of Emily Owens M.D. and is being produced by CBS Television Studios.

EXCLUSIVE: In one of the first buys for this coming season, the CW has put in development Jane The Virgin, a drama based on the Venezuelan telenovela Juana La Virgen. Jennie Snyder Urman, creator of the CW‘s drama series Emily Owens, MD, is set to write the adaptation for CBS TV Studios, where she is […]

Uh, no thank you.
                No please. CBS should just stop producing shows. Seriously.

Comment

• Flash spinoff. Spn spinoff. Great shows premiering earlier. Whose Line renewed. This is real change we r starting to c now. This is how the channel should have started off.

Comment

• I think what they're doing - which I think is smart - is they moved the schedule around a bit so that The Originals could premiere after Vampire Diaries, instead of up against S.H.I.E.L.D.. Since Originals ep 2 bumped up a week, so, too, did Supernatural. It just got caught in the moving around mess.

Here's my prediction:

If Reign doesn't do well, I can easily see The CW moving The Originals to Thursdays at 9 permanently, and returning Tuesdays at 8-9 to Whose Line. It'd be great counterprogramming against SHIELD and FOX's unfunny Dads, it might not go well with Supernatural but Supernatural fans are loyal anyway. Whose Line has been a surprising success, it's cheap and it repeats well. From a business standpoint it does everything right - the only downside to it is I don't see people rushing to buy Whose Line DVD collections. But for the network? It's great.

I want The Carrie Diaries to do well but it has its work cut out for it. Is Hart Of Dixie about to enter Season 3 or Season 4? If it's just 3, then, it'll probably be around for another year unless it just does badly. I do think The CW needs more shows like Hart Of Dixie to counterbalance with the genre stuff, which I love but still... I know it could be hard.

BATB has a really loyal fan base and from what I hear, creatively it's MUCH better in Season 2. But will that be enough? The BATB crowd should like Star-Crossed; then, what about that? And where will The 100 go? That's a FANTASTIC pilot, but it's also surely very expensive.

What I might like to see them do - though they never would - would be to start shooting a Flash series as soon as Arrow 2.20 is over, and run one night of new genre programming a week during Summer 2014 with Flash and The 100. It'd never happen, but it would be pretty awesome.

As for Fall 2014; any predictions? I think when all is said and done, they'll want at least one non-genre night, and already we have almost every hit and their possible spin-offs taking up three nights a week's worth of slots to start. (TVD/Originals, SPN/Spinoff, Arrow/Flash). I'm assuming Tomorrow People will do decently, but who knows: What if it's another Secret Circle for them, where it's got buzz but then falls flat? And if Tomorrow People does well, does that mean three comic booky shows out of ten timeslots? All of which are produced by Greg Berlanti?

Comment

• I think they should soon start having series that air at 10PM currently it is local news at that timeslot. It would give them more freedom with the schedule since they will have 15 timeslots to work with not counting weekends.

Comment

• The affiliates would never give up that hour... the newscasts are where they make most of their money. And really, right now The CW sometimes has trouble with 10 timeslots maintaining ratings; 15 might be a disaster if they can't deliver.

Comment

• I figured they would never do that; But thanks for explaining why it isn't possible.

Comment

• I'd like to see that too but look what happened when NBC tried something like that with The Jay Leno Show. It didn't work and that network's ratings got even worse.

Is Reign getting really bad reviews already? I've heard people on imdb saying they think the show won't last either.

I noticed something. I think it was either last week or 2 wks ago. On CWTV.com and the app they didn't list Starcrossed and The 100 among the shows. I checked again two days ago and they had been added back to the list of shows. Glitch possibly?

Comment

• CW alum Jennie Snyder Urman has sold a trio of projects to the CW and Fox under her overall deal with CBS TV Studios. At the CW, Urman has set up “Cross” and “Jane The Virgin.” A period drama set in the 19th century, “Cross” centers on a 22-year-old woman who secretly assumes her deceased […]

CW alum Jennie Snyder Urman has sold a trio of projects to the CW and Fox under her overall deal with CBS TV Studios.

At the CW, Urman has set up “Cross” and “Jane The Virgin.”

A period drama set in the 19th century,“Cross” centers on a 22-year-old woman who secretly assumes her deceased twin brother’s identity and takes his job working in a Boston hospital as a doctor’s apprentice. Project is billed as an exploration in gender politics, race relations and the birth of modern medicine. Urman will pen the pilot and exec produce.

“Jane The Virgin” fell into the CW’s development pipeline earlier this summer, and will be produced by CBS TV Studios in association with Electus. Project is an adaptation of Venezuelan telenovela “Juana La Virgen” and follows a hard-working, religious girl who is accidentally artificially inseminated. Ben Silverman will exec produce on behalf of Electus. Urman will serve as scribe and also exec produce, alongside Jorge Granier and Gary Pearl.

Urman, who is repped by UTA and attorney Felker Toczek, is currently a consulting producer on the CW’s “Reign.” She created the CW’s “Emily Owens MD,” which had a short run on the net last season, and co-produced “Gilmore Girls.”
                              Five years after Gilmore Girls ended its run on the CW, star Lauren Graham is back at the network, this time as a series creator. The CW has put in development Someday, Someday, Maybe, a drama based on Graham’s debut novel, which was published in April. Graham will write the script for the project, from […]

Five years after Gilmore Girls ended its run on the CW, star Lauren Graham is back at the network, this time as a series creator.

The CW has put in development Someday, Someday, Maybe, a drama based on Graham’s debut novel, which was published in April. Graham will write the script for the project, from Gilmore Girls producer Warner Bros TV and Ellen DeGeneres‘ studio-based A Very Good Production. Someday, Someday, Maybe, which is expected to keep the book’s witty tone, centers on a young woman with six months left on her three-year plan to make a career as an actress in New York City.

Graham is executive producing with Very Good Production’s DeGeneres and Jeff Kleeman. Graham, who stars on NBC’s Parenthood, is with ICM Partners, manager John Carrabino and attorney Adam Kaller.
                              Last edited by gmster; 08-16-2013, 03:21 PM. Reason: Added Lauren Graham project.

Comment

• If anyone here is interested I am getting ready to mod a mafia game in the k-site culture threads. The theme is going to be the CW. Feel free to sign up I am planning on having characters in the game from many differnt CW shows past and present: http://www.ksitetv.com/forums/showth...sign-up-thread

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎