Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saving The CW

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing's cracking 1.0. This can't be good. I mean, I know they have additional revenue streams like Netflix that help, but I think this whole thing of relying too much on DC superhero stuff is taking its toll. Not as bad as Valor is stinking things up, lol.

Black Lightning is going to have its work cut out for it in order for the network to justify renewing FIVE DC shows. I figure the four that are on are safe because they're either successes (Flash), would need a "final season" announcement (Arrow), or are in Season 3 (Supergirl, Legends).

One reason I like that Project 13 idea is it isn't a superhero thing and doesn't even require itself to be tied to the DC Universe; it's kind of like iZombie in that way.

As far as renewal priorities I expect everything currently airing except Valor to be safe. Dynasty has a rich Netflix deal overseas, and it's CBS, which helps. Jane is critically acclaimed and isn't doing too badly considering. Crazy Ex has a four-season arc planned, and I doubt they'd end it just now, though a shorter Season 4 wouldn't shock me.

Comment

• Call me a jaded recent ex-viewer, but Ι find it quite amusing that Supernatural in its 13th season is doing better than 3 of the DC shows. Don't know if that says more about SPN's tenacity or the Berlantiverse's shortcomings. Mind you, I can cut Legends some slack because it's actually been steady ever since the start and Arrow because after the disastrous 4th season it has also been *somewhat* steady in the ratings. But there's no excuse for a show with Supergirl's rich mythos to have the lowest demo in the Berlantiverse this season and the 6th highest in the overall network. Hopefully The Flash won't also reach the 0.5 region a year from now.

Comment

• Flash: 1.0
        Riverdale: 0.6
        SPN: 0.6
        Arrow: 0.5
        Legends: 0.5
        Supergirl: 0.5
        Jane: 0.3
        Crazy-Ex: 0.2
        Dynasty: 0.2
        Valor: 0.2

Comment

• Deadline reporting that Black Lightning was the highest rated series premiere in two years and held onto 100 percent of its lead in Flash's audience when it came to the prized 18-34 and 18-49 demos.

Very good news for CW and its newest hit. Im glad it's doing well so far. Just keep up the good ratings when it comes to episode #2!

Comment

• Charmed Reboot Gets CW Pilot Order...

The rejiggered version is set in the present day and is described as “a fierce, funny, feminist reboot” centered on “three sisters in a college town who discover they are witches. Between vanquishing supernatural demons, tearing down the patriarchy, and maintaining familial bonds, a witch’s work is never done.”
            http://tvline.com/2018/01/25/charmed-reboot-pilot-cw/

I still would have liked to have seen a continuation of the original series with Chris and Wyatt taking on the mantle of the Charmed Ones.
            Last edited by darkphoenix21; 01-25-2018, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• More pilots, including Roswell: http://www.ksitetv.com/roswell/roswe...ickups/170204/

Some of these sound decent, others sound SO BAD that I don't know how they could possibly even be considered.

Comment

• The new Charmed Ones have been named supposedly (these character names aren’t official just yet):

MACY - A witty, intense science nerd, Macy — who is in her late 20s — is a Ph.D. in quantum physics who’s moving with her boyfriend Galvin to Hilltowne, Michigan, to work in the university lab. Macy has reason to believe that she is the sister of Mel and Madison. Her power is telekinesis.

MEL PRUITT - A strong-willed feminist, she feels deeply and is a bit controlling. Mel — who is in her mid 20s and a lesbian — is the sister of Madison. In the wake of a tragic accident, the grieving Mel becomes angry, defiantly unkempt, even violent, pushing away those who might help her, including her girlfriend, Detective Soo Jin. Mel’s power is time-freezing.

MADISON PRUITT - Mel’s younger sister (she’s 18-ish), an athletic (pilates, cheerleading) college student pledging a sorority, Madison is the opposite of her feminist sister with a desire to fit in. Madison is horrified to learn she is a witch. Her power is hearing people’s thoughts.

http://tvline.com/2018/02/07/charmed...adison-the-cw/
                Last edited by darkphoenix21; 02-07-2018, 06:06 PM.

Comment

• The CW will expand to Sunday nights this fall. As for a name, may i suggest The CW Big Sunday?
                  Last edited by Austin 3:16; 02-14-2018, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• It makes sense that they would air new programming on Sundays when every other network already does. I would love to see a sitcom block. When was the last time they had their own 1/2 hour sitcom?...maybe the WB/UPN days
                    Last edited by darkphoenix21; 02-14-2018, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• Last time they had sitcom blocks were when they had Reba, Everybody Hates Chris and The Game i think.

Comment

• Here is some more casting news for the Charmed reboot:

Ser’Darius Blain (Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle) has been cast in the pilot for The CW’s reboot. Blain will play Galvin, the aspiring filmmaker boyfriend of Macy, one of the yet-to-be-cast sisters. Blain’s small-screen credits include: Survivor’s Remorse and Jane by Design

http://deadline.com/2018/02/charmed-...ot-1202288735/

Comment

• Melonie Diaz (Vh1’s The Breaks) cast as Mel in the Charmed reboot.

http://tvline.com/2018/02/20/charmed...l-cast-the-cw/

Comment

• Sarah Jeffery (NBC’s Shades of Blue) has been cast as the youngest Charmed sister, Madison, a bubbly college freshman who finds witchcraft at odds with her goal of getting into a super-fun sorority.

http://deadline.com/2018/02/charmed-...ot-1202301665/

So there is just one more Charmed sister left to be cast...Macy

Comment

• Rupert Evans (Man in the High Castle) has joined the Charmed cast in the series-regular role of Harry; he is described as a professor, handsome, grandiose, a raconteur with an infuriating charm and a mysterious interest in the three sisters...meaning he is likely playing the Leo of this series.

http://tvline.com/2018/02/28/charmed...fessor-the-cw/

With all the casting I forget that it hasn’t gotten a series order yet So this reboot may never see the light of day.
                              Last edited by darkphoenix21; 02-28-2018, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• I would not be shocked if Charmed ends up part of their Sunday night. I think they only have 8-10PM; otherwise I'd say that they should run Whose Line from 7-8, finally have it on the regular schedule.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎