No announcement yet.

Saving The CW

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jon-el87
    Which brings the number of superhero shows on the network up to five. Which is really too much. Especially since they involve a lot of the same people. Hopefully some of them ends after next season. I could see Arrow ending.
    Arrow really needs to end. The show went downhill in Season 3 and never recovered.

Comment

• Searchers has been passed on: https://twitter.com/Snoodit/status/863174615199170560

Sucks. This one at least sounded interesting. I would've taken this over crap like Life Sentence or Dynasty. Ghost and Transylvania from last year also sounded interesting, but they passed them up in favor of the two failures Frequency and No Tomorrow. Dawn Ostroff would be proud.

Comment

• Yeah im not a fan of Dynasty coming back either. Just seems like it has a short shelf life for some reason.

Comment

• Some conflicting information. THR's sources say Searchers is dead, but according to Deadline both it and Insatiable are still in play.

The CW's two remaining pilots -- Insatiable starring Debby Ryan and Berlanti Prods' Searchers -- are still in the mix.

Comment

• I'll believe it when I see it. I'm hearing Searchers as definitely dead. Somewhere wires are crossed, and honestly they already have enough.

I'm more excited for Dynasty than I thought I would be... but a bad trailer might ruin that.

Comment

• Yeah i heard it was still alive but i believe you Craig. You told me when Crystal Lake Chronicles was done so i definitely believe you when it comes to this stuff and i appreciate it.

Comment

• Well, I could be wrong, stranger things have happened, but with their slate so full and renewing iZombie and Originals I don't think there's room... it sounds like more trouble than it's worth. And personally speaking I'd prefer that Jason Rothenberg focuses on The 100 Season 5 anyway.

Comment

• Flash: 1.0
                  Supergirl: 0.6
                  Arrow: 0.6
                  SPN: 0.5
                  Jane: 0.4
                  Riverdale: 0.4
                  iZombie: 0.3
                  The 100: 0.3
                  TO: 0.3
                  Reign: 0.2

Comment

• Here's what I think we'll see this Thursday when CW releases their schedule.

Monday
                    8pm: Supergirl
                    9pm: Life Sentence

Tuesday
                    8pm: Flash
                    9pm: Legends

Wednesday
                    8pm: Arrow
                    9pm: Supernatural

Thursday
                    8pm: Dynasty
                    9pm: Riverdale

Friday
                    8pm: Jane
                    9pm: Crazy-Ex

Midseason:
                    Black Lightning replaces Legends
                    Valor replaces Riverdale
                    iZombie replaces Jane
                    The 100 replaces Crazy-Ex
                    The Originals bumped to the summer

Comment

• I really don't know... especially with Dynasty, that they'd really put it in the way of the all-around-popular Big Bang Theory on CBS, female-aimed Grey's Anatomy on ABC, and gay-pleasing-which-is-part-of-their-target-audience Will and Grace... Thursdays immediately would kill it. I do think Supernatural and Arrow should pair together for sure, though.

You may be right gmster... it'll be interesting to see what they do, and I definitely respect your opinion... but I'd fear with a schedule like that, The CW would only have maybe two strong nights total.

But what do I know? I think NBC's Fall lineup is a hot mess, and could have never predicted that.

Comment

• The Tues and Wed schedules that gmster put up sound amazing. Yeah i think theyll definitely keep Flash, LOT and the other shows where they r. Supernatural moving back to Wednesday away from BBT is one of the best ideas they could have.

If The Originals gets moved to summer, thats the end of the road. They get a shorter season and moved to summer possibly? Thats what they did to end Besuty and The Beast.
                        Last edited by Austin 3:16; 05-15-2017, 05:04 PM.

Comment

• Not sure Originals being summer next year would kill it. After all, a fair amount of episodes of Originals Season 4 are airing in the summer this year, and the show is not dead.

Comment

• You have a good point Craig. I think people working for CW in the past have said the channel is eventually going to become a year round network with more big shows airing in summer too. So i could see The Originals becoming the first major step and not being in its last season.

Comment

• CW's official Fall 2017 schedule:

MONDAY
                              8 pm Supergirl
                              9 pm VALOR

TUESDAY
                              8 pm The Flash
                              9 pm DC’s Legends of Tomorrow

WEDNESDAY
                              8 pm Riverdale (new time slot)
                              9 pm DYNASTY

THURSDAY
                              8 pm Supernatural
                              9 pm Arrow (new time slot)

FRIDAY
                              8 pm Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (new time slot)
                              9 pm Jane the Virgin (new time slot)

Like I stated in the other thread they're losing momentum not having a DCTVU show once a night by placing Arrow on Thursday; at least they should have moved LoT to Wednesday or Thursday (keeping Arrow on Wednesdays).

Comment

• Yeah, they should've kept Arrow on Wednesdays and Legends of Tomorrow on Thursdays. The only plus I guess is we'll get 2 whole episodes of their massive 4 show crossover in one night in early December.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎