Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saving The CW

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ‘Walker, Texas Ranger’ Reboot starring Jared Padalecki is heading to The CW

https://deadline.com/2019/10/walker-...is-1202758080/

Comment

• Variety reporting Stargirl has been delayed a week to May 19. The current run of Flash eps will run through May 12th and then it will go on hiatus, with the expectation that it will finish filming the current season and air the last two eps in the summer.

Stargirl was originally going to premiere following Flash on May 12 at 9/8c. It would then take over the Flash's spot at 8/7c on May 19th as the lead in for LOT. Plans have now changed and Stargirl's CW series premiere will air at 8/7c on May 19th instead of the originally planned second episode. My guess? They didnt want to mess up the planned schedule too much.

Im excited for the premiere either way but wouldnt have minded if they kept plans as is for May 12. This also means the series premiere on DC Universe will be delayed a week as well, from May 11 to May 18.

Comment

• Was thinking since we are often talking about The CW series here, how much longer the different CW superhero shows may last, since there are so many of them.

This is not based on any insider information, just speculation and thinking "out loud."

The Flash: For the longest time this was the flagship show with the highest ratings, though I know the future of the show depends most on if Grant Gustin and Candice Patton continue to sign on. My prediction? They'll make it to Season 8 -- long enough to have a big-deal "final season."

Supergirl:
        Melissa is having a baby, we've got a Superman show, and Stargirl has the girl power thing covered. They already have their 100 episodes. I think Season 6 may be it.

Black Lightning: With Black Lives Matter and that sort of thing being a focus in the real world, I think this one is still good to go for at least another season or two, unless ratings take a deep dive.

Superman & Lois: Unless this show is a stinker this will be their new flagship show.

Batwoman: I actually think Batwoman will improve with Javicia Leslie as the lead. It won't any longer be "Batman starring a woman," but also, from videos I've seen Javicia is so likable and relatable. This might actually be The CW's #2 priority now, after Superman & Lois.

Legends of Tomorrow: I think the goal for Season 6 will be to get to 100 episodes, which they might if and only if they get 17 episodes or so. If they don't? A shorter Season 7 to wrap it all up around 100 episodes wouldn't surprise me. The show is great, critics love it, but it seems to be low priority for the network.

Stargirl: Definitely The CW's "girl power" show, but the question is will it maintain its quality after the move? This show has the most potential for growth, I feel.

What does everyone else think?

Comment

• When it comes to Melissa, as I've noted before, she also does movies, occasional other TV projects and made her Broadway debut a few years back. So, she clearly aspires to do other stuff (that doing Supergirl might make it difficult for her to commit to or do). She's also having a kid, and might not want to commit to the long hours (that this show requires), while her child is little (not to mention, if her family doesn't live in Vancouver, she'd either have to be gone for most of the year... or have them relocate to Vancouver).

Batwoman... We'll have to wait and see how the replacement of the titular character affects the ratings. There could be a big exodus of viewers, who were attached to Ruby Rose, Kate Kane (or the combination of both) and loses interest when neither is there. There could be a spark of renewed interest, increasing the viewing figures... However, would such an increase last or just happen for the first few weeks?

Based on a recent tweet, Candice Patton might be frustrated with how The Flash handles her character (see her response to John Boyega's criticism in regard to the writing of black characters). Now, she didn't specify if her experience was with The Flash, but she wouldn't be the first actress of color, on a Greg Berlanti show, to express frustration at how a show handles their character (two Riverdale actresses spoke out a while back). If her experience is with The Flash, then the question is how much longer she wants to stay on (and if Grant wants to stick around, if she (and/or others) leaves).

Comment

• Guess I was right on Supergirl, at least: http://www.kryptonsite.com/breaking-...-final-season/

Comment

• Between this and Supergirl, find myself wondering if they'll announce the ending of any more of the shows soon.

Comment

• Stargirl has really excelled as the big show of the summer and I think we will see her brought into the fold more when it comes to crossovers, especially with Supergirl and Black Lightning ending with the 2020-21 season.

Grant Gustin has said he wants to go as long as possible when it comes to The Flash and with it being The CW's flagship show, I could see it going 8, 9 or maybe even 10 seasons. Unless the ratings fall off a cliff for the show, which I dont see happening anytime soon, then I could see it just being a situation like with Supernatural where Grant and the cast say when it's time to close up shop.

I would've said this season would be the last coming for LOT but with Arrow having ended this past season and both Black Lightning and Supergirl ending this coming season, Mark Pedowitz and The CW will keep it around for the 2021-22 season. Like was said earlier, it's close to that magical 100 episodes number. They only need 88 for syndication as the minimum number but 100 would cement its place in syndication. So I see it going at least 2 more seasons, this coming one and the one after and then calling it a day. By then, we will have Superman & Lois, Stargirl, The Flash still around possibly and maybe Painkiller and Wonder Girl. We may have even more than that so LOT ending would make more sense.

Comment

• Apparently, the season 2 premiere of Batwoman had 0.66 million viewers. The season 1 finale had 0.74 million viewers (with the series premiere having 1.86 million viewers). Looking at the numbers on Wikipedia, the only two episodes with less viewers were "A Narrow Escape" (0.63 million) and "If You Believe in Me, I'll Believe in You" (0.64 million). So the change of main character did not spark renewed interest, but there also doesn't appear to have been a mass exodus of viewers either.

Comment

• Originally posted by jon-el87
                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batwom...on_2)#Episodes

Apparently, the season 2 premiere of Batwoman had 0.66 million viewers. The season 1 finale had 0.74 million viewers (with the series premiere having 1.86 million viewers). Looking at the numbers on Wikipedia, the only two episodes with less viewers were "A Narrow Escape" (0.63 million) and "If You Believe in Me, I'll Believe in You" (0.64 million). So the change of main character did not spark renewed interest, but there also doesn't appear to have been a mass exodus of viewers either.
                    I am not sure how much ratings are a sign of interest and quality anymore - there's SO MUCH out there it's hard to know when a series is even back.

With that said though, Walker had one of the biggest CW premieres in the last 5 years. http://www.ksitetv.com/walker/walker...-years/209122/

Comment

• Comment

• Brainwashing elites have controlled the media companies since the 1980's. That's why television networks have went downhill. It's why children, teenagers, and adults are watching the same repetitively dumbed down television shows that lack originality, intellectually stimulating dialogue, and characters who help make an audience use their brains. Elites are controlling what the masses watch to prevent them from questioning authority, using their imagination, and becoming highly creative without fearmongering censorship and totalitarian regulation from their governments. Orwelllian online surveillance, totalitarian regulation from governments that prevent intellectual growth and highly creative entrepreneurship for people who are not part of the elites, anti-intellectual indoctrination institutions disguised as public schools for children not part of the elites, and elite-owned media companies have made it harder to create revolutionary television shows that have high quality stories, great entertainers, and highly creative music. I think it's sad that these ignorant and willfully ignorant people watch and listen to media from companies controlled by elites. The same elites that totalitarianistically oppress outspoken journalists, activists, refugees, whisleblowers, employees, and other people who have been abused by and expose abusively cut-throat corporations. Because those abusively cut-throat corporations are controlled by elites that don't want a society of critical thinkers that are highly educated without brainwashing, very creative without fearmongering censorship, or questioning authority without feeling like depressed losers who didn't win the genetic lottery. Because the elites want to exploit a society of submissively spineless losers with health disorders and low I.Q.s. George Carlin warned people about this crap. Sadly, The C.W. is another elite-owned company. It's controlled by C.E.O.s who are closely involved in the Jewish community. Because the Jews, their central bank cartels, and Jewish Irsaelis control America's media companies with the help of the elitist Catholics, elitist Chrisians, Rothschild family, Rockefeller family, Koch family, and other elitist families who all make the world burn for money and power, not the low and middle class people who are brainwashed or people that don't support Judaism, Catholicism, or Christianity.. Sorry, but companies like The C.W. won't truthfully and fully teach people about how the rich and powerful men control the world internationally. I said rich and powerful men because male-dominated industries still exist. Also, men continue to get paid more than women on average internationally. The females are treated like degraded sex objects that shave their legs, wear makeup, do plastic surgery on their bodies, have anorexia, have eating disorders, have drug addiction, have alcoholism, have anxiety, have depression, and/or have sexual abuse in male-dominated industries depending on their situations because females are not the ones that have the most power despite feminism because they are valued for their fake beauty and conventional intelligence rather than their physical strength, ability to be taller than men, natural bodies, and unconventional brilliance. Men have a much easier time becoming famous without having to shave their legs, wear makeup, have plastic surgery done on their bodies, have anorexia to look superficially beautiful from having a thin body, having eating disorders to prevent gaining weight for superficial beauty, have drug addiction to prevent gaining weight and forget painful memories, have alcohol to forget painful memories, and other crap. And the virtue signalling females from elite-owned music record labels and Hollywood industry are selling the illusion of female empowerment while being degraded sex objects and sellouts to corrupt politicians who continue the oligarchic patriarchy internationally.
                        Last edited by Luthorianist; 07-13-2021, 08:39 AM.

Comment

• WarnerMedia and ViacomCBS are in discussions with multiple potential buyers to sell The CW, with Nexstar Media Group leading the pack.

WarnerMedia and ViacomCBS are apparently both in talks to sell the CW.

Comment

• ^^^Apparently the network has never been profitable even with the Arrowverse shows and others like Supernatural. So it goes along with what’s being planned.

https://screenrant.com/cw-network-pr...media-details/

I suspect that sometime in the next year or so once it’s merged/taken over (whatever it may be), it’ll be rebranded as something else…from The WB, UPN, the CW to “blank”.

Comment

• Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                              Apparently the network has never been profitable even with the Arrowverse shows and others like Supernatural.
                              Yeah, I heard about that. Will be interesting to see if there'll be any shake-up in the line-up of shows. Looking at their current programing, when it comes to drama, superhero shows really is a large part of their output. Too many for one network. Riverdale might also be out, as that show doesn't pull in much in terms of viewers. Roswell, New Mexico, Nancy Drew and the Charmed reboot? Doesn't look like they're pulling in the numbers either.

Comment

• Reflecting over all of this, I question if they'll even find a buyer. It's a nonprofitable network, that is about the get less profitable (per the Screen Rant article), and heavily places its bets on the continued popularity of superheroes (which, of course, is mainly the popularity of Marvel superheroes, not DC).

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎