No announcement yet.

Saving The CW

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
    Enterprise had problems because it was a prequel and fans weren't allowed to submit ideas. Ever since TNG, the fans were allowed to help with their favorite franchise somehow. Enterprise wasn't like that. I think since fans have a better knowledge of the series than even people behind the scenes sometimes, it was considered a real slap in the face. Fans are told "You can't contribute but watch anyway and like it"? Yeah that doesn't sit too well.

I think what also hurt Enterprise was that there was another prequel series that wasn't afraid to take chances on at the same time called Smallville.
    Originally posted by Caught_In_The_Sun
    I have no problem with an new original Trek series.

The CW still needs a popular property that has a built in fan base to build a series off of...between CBS & WB there has to be something that they can take advantage of. Question is what??? Don't know if what they are looking into right now is enough.
    I agree 1,000,000% allowing fans to include creative ideas into fiction based shows like TNG smallville and others it allows for more creative entertainment.
    Last edited by bigvillir001; 01-18-2012, 08:39 PM.

Comment

I'm sorry but does anyone else think The Carrie Diaries isn't going to last? I get it is based on the novels but the only one involved is Carrie right? Sex And The City worked well cause of the group dynamic.

Comment

Originally posted by bigvillir001
        I agree 1,000,000% allowing fans to include creative ideas into fiction based shows like TNG smallville and others it allows for more creative entertainment.
        Fans had creative input on Smallville? Well no wonder it was so pandering to ships...

Comment

Originally posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow
          Fans had creative input on Smallville? Well no wonder it was so pandering to ships...
          I understand that what i mean is that when fans are include it make it more entertaining, instead of saying they'll watch what we want not what you would like. this why science fiction dramas resonate better with fans, it just allows for more creativity instead of the same old rinse and repeat entertainment that we have on television today reality TV crime drama hospital drama lawyer dramas which are fine but as I said in previous posts they don't allow for true creative freedom.

Comment

Definitely cannot wait to see some of the great shows that will be picked up for The New CW. I like 2 of the ones announced so far. I mean I like the ideas, esp Arrow and Cult. Hope Deadman gets picked up and I think that good shows are going to revitalize the network. I don't think The Carrie Diaries will last long, but stranger things have happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
              I'm sorry but does anyone else think The Carrie Diaries isn't going to last? I get it is based on the novels but the only one involved is Carrie right? Sex And The City worked well cause of the group dynamic.
              Carrie was my LEAST favorite character on SATC.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow
              I'm a fan...of a lot of shows, but I don't think having fan input is a good thing. IMO, it's one way to kill a show.
              Last edited by Raistlin; 01-20-2012, 03:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Yeah the group dynamic won't be there and neither will Sarah Jessica Parker. Don't see it lasting very long. Not only that but with 8 pilots being ordered, unless it is a hit right out of the gate and keeps ratings up, Carrie will be the first new show CW cans.

I do have to say that no offense to fans of Sex And The City, but the last movie didn't do as well as the first. I get wanting to cash in and all, but is there any money to be made with the franchise right now? Especially w/o the other girls there?
                Last edited by Austin 3:16; 01-20-2012, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Carrie Diaries. Hope they pass on it...CW needs to move away from this kinda junk.

Comment

I have a feeling Carrie Diaries may turn out like Gossip Girl spinoff where a pilot is ordered but not picked up. Besides, Mark P sounds serious about going back to something more like The WB. U can have good dramas like Felicity and Dawson's Creek while also having Buffy and Angel. Carrie I don't think is part of that balance though. We only know 4 pilots, 5 if Deadman gets a pickup. I wouldn't be surprised if something like Carrie becomes a tv movie or direct-to-DVD release instead of series.

Comment

Another thing is...I know networks like reality TV cause it is cheap...but it simply doesn't work on a network like The CW...ANTM isn't near were it was at it's height. Focus on some comedies, dramas and sci fi/fantasy...no more reality shows!

Comment

There were only two reality shows I liked on The WB: Beauty and The Geek and The Jamie Kennedy Experiment. JKX! Lol that was a funny show. Those were the only two I watched really.

I agree, America's Next Top Model needs to end. Tyra's has worn out its welcome. The only model I can remember them finding that was relevant was season 1's Adrienne. That was because she went on The Surreal Life and found her husband, Christopher Knight. Well they were married for awhile and had some reality shows.

Oh yeah The Surreal Life! That was a good show too. Wish The WB had kept it instead of giving it to VH1.

Comment

I'm watching Blue Collar Comedy Tour: One For The Road and hoping CW brings a show like Blue Collar TV on. That was a good show and Jeff Foxworthy said on a documentary about the Blue Collar success that the show ended because everyone was busy and it was time to end it.

U know, that might have been part of it, but that's not the whole story. The story I heard was that Dawn Ostroff said it wasn't right for The CW and would've somehow brought the image down. Guess she never read the article in TV Guide where they called it a great show and said it revitalized Jeff Foxworthy's career. I'm sorry but if there is proof of how shortminded she was, there u go!

Comment

I'm not interested in the Carrie Diaries and I use to watch Sex in City. I agree that the show was succesful because of the group dynamic.

The retool of the Linda Hamilton/Ron Pearlman Beauty and Beast show might work because that show only got cxl early because LH left early and writers had trouble continuing without her (If I remember correctly). So there probably more story to tell.

The CW also ordered quirky medical dramady First Cut http://www.tvline.com/2012/01/the-cw-pilot-last-cut/. Not really interested in another medical show for me.

Since we are suggesting on new shows. I would like to see an update version of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoF0a...eature=related Buck Rogers in 25 Century... make it a bit darker & less cheese.

A man (Rogers) wakes up 500yrs in futures and tries to adjust... would makes a good story.
                            The will they or won't they couple (Rogers & Wilma) complete with fun banter. Think simlar to the couple on Castle.
                            There's even a love triangle (Roger/Wilma/Ardala). CW loves that.
                            And of course Scifi FX & Action. Think updated version of The Star Trek shows or a better example the updated version of Syfy's BSG.
                            Last edited by Clois/is/hot; 01-25-2012, 10:01 AM.

Comment

The best thing to do with Model? Cancel it.

Comment

Originally posted by Clois/is/hot
                                I'm not interested in the Carrie Diaries and I use to watch Sex in City. I agree that the show was succesful because of the group dynamic.
                                Ditto. Carrie was my least favorite character anyway.

The retool of the Linda Hamilton/Ron Pearlman Beauty and Beast show might work because that show only got cxl early because LH left early and writers had trouble continuing without her (If I remember correctly). So there probably more story to tell.
                                I loved that show and with today's special effects they could do a fantastic job with it, although, Ron Perlman's makeup as Vincent was top notch. I would definitely watch a remake of BATB. I also think the show boxed itself in. CBS was only going to go so far with a romance where the leading man wasn't transforming into Joe Average.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎