Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saving The CW

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The net definitely needs a relaunch. I wouldn't even bring it back every night at first. The first few wks only air three nights. Slowly, expand to every night but Saturday. Big Sunday is brought back with a major relaunch.

Reba was always a huge hit? I'm not surprised. The show was good! CW didn't know what they had with it.

Kids' WB! would b back in the weekday afternoons and Saturday mornings. If we have to give back the extra hr on Saturdays, fine by me. I know the ratings on weekday afternoons were always good. There was no need to pull those shows besides advertisers being irritated they couldnt, well, advertise during kids shows. They have other timeslots to do that though so at the very least they could let us have our kids shows back. That was why I used to race home everyday.

Btw, one more note on wkdy afternoon kids shows. Kids' WB! was the leader for awhile before it was sadly removed. It was the only network to outlive its parent network AND also shutdown Fox Kids. I think it deserves so much respect. That would be the major selling point for me if I was in charge.

I wholeheartedly agree on America's Next Top Model needing to be put out of it's misery. It was innovative at the beginning but now? It is tired and should be done. I've been telling my friends for yrs that that show needs to go and they agree and also wonder why it is still around. Hopefully, with the new guy in charge, and wanting to expand beyond the demo that Dawn was trying to get, it is only a matter of time. That timeslot it is always in would be better served with more shows like an Aquaman or Cult series. Tyra needs a break.

Craig I loved your nickname for Ostroff. What was it again, Dipstick Dawn Ostroff?
    Last edited by Austin 3:16; 01-11-2012, 09:06 PM.

Comment

I've got to agree with Sugar here... unfortunately, Supernatural being a show in Season 7 has got all the fans it probably will ever get... the Vampire Diaries is probably the lone true success on the network right now. Which isn't to say SPN's been bad... but... I think Season 8 should be when to call it a day. Probably should have ended with that perfect Season 5 finale, really. The only reason I'm sure it hasn't ended is because nothing else (except more Smallville) would have performed so well on Friday night.

I think even the die-hard fans are losing interest... I mean, look at the # of posters each season with Supernatural vs. earlier years here on the forum... even when Smallville was still on the air last year, SPN's numbers were down.

And as much as I think The WB could or should return... I doubt it ever will. I think we'd see the CW go away entirely before that would happen, since the reason this all started was because The WB couldn't afford to do it alone. (It would be great if they could buy out the CBS side, but even so, all new shows created since the CW are co-owned with CBS, so who knows what goes on there)

If I could keep only one show from The CW to move on to the future, The Vampire Diaries would be it. Though I do think Supernatural should get a Season 8 to wrap it all up. Also agree ABC Family has done teen shows way better than CW has. The Lying Game is so much better than Ringer, and ratings wise, Pretty Little Liars kills everything.

Comment

One ....I do not watch The CW anymore once Smallville finale went of the air I went with them the current show's do not interest me.

Comment

Originally posted by Raistlin
          Sidebar: I tried to watch Merlin on the BBC One website and couldn't because I wasn't in England, so I think that's pretty standard. Back to saving CW.
          Can't you watch it on BBC America?

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
            ...first order of business for me would be to create a Smallville-like show about either Batman or Wonder Woman.
            While this is a good idea business-wise I shudder thinking how the SV-approach (because I don't think The CW can do it any different) would ruin Batman and Wonder Woman. Being such huge characters I'd choose ones with less grand origins and settings etc. I mean something like Deadman might be simple enough... but then again it doesn't have that brand recognition Batman has to get ratings.

Comment

Craig, yeah those two shows could both come over. Sorry what I meant to say b4 was Supernatural becomes the lead show on The New WB and new shows could be built around it. Bring over The Vampire Diaries and also Hart Of Dixie since that seems most like a WB series. Here are the shows I would renew, cancel, and keep in limbo:

Renew: Supernatural, Hart Of Dixie, The Vampire Diaries

Cancel: Nikita, America's Next Top Model, Ringer, Gossip Girl, 90210

Limbo: The Secret Circle

Three shows right? Well The WB started out with about 2 or 3 nights so if u start out with the same, and air some older WB series in a Beginnings format like they did with Smallville Beginnings at first, it could give u the summer, and maybe earlier if they were told of a network relaunch, to get new shows shot. Cult and Deadman could become two of the new network's series so that's 5. Should 3 nights launch, and Secret Circle is brought over, the first few wks at least are good. 3 nights= 6 hr long dramas.

LoveHurts38, it's cool if u don't watch CW. What would u do to fix it?

Btw, I would also bring back Mission Hill and Baby Blues. Maybe also The Oblongs but only if Will Ferrell is able to return for his role like before.
              Last edited by Austin 3:16; 01-12-2012, 04:27 PM.

Comment

I watch Ringer, The Vampire Diaries & The Secret Circle. So I wanna so I want to continue to see those shows on The CW.

I would love to see a new Star Trek series on The CW...There are plenty of things they could do and with the success of the 09 movie and the next coming out in 2013(?)...it could be a good time to keep exploring.

Comment

You're right about the release date. The next Trek will b out in 2013. Id love to see a new series. There were rumors awhile back that Greg Grunberg would b in the captain's chair since he and Abrams are friends, but nothing ever came of it.

Comment

Originally posted by starflower69
                    Can't you watch it on BBC America?
                    Yes, but BBC America doesn't run Merlin. And I was trying to watch it on BBC One before it hit SyFy.

I agree with Craig about SPN, it should have signed off after season five, but if they didn't have anything to replace it with, I can see why it's still on. CW should have passed on The Secret Circle altogether; that show reeks. Honestly, though, I don't like the CW. I think it's a crappy network and they don't take risks. They use the same formula repeatedly; after a while I would think even teen audiences would be bored.

----- Added 55 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow
                    While this is a good idea business-wise I shudder thinking how the SV-approach (because I don't think The CW can do it any different) would ruin Batman and Wonder Woman. Being such huge characters I'd choose ones with less grand origins and settings etc. I mean something like Deadman might be simple enough... but then again it doesn't have that brand recognition Batman has to get ratings.
                    Agree with this.
                    Last edited by Raistlin; 01-12-2012, 05:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Keep in mind, the shows that premiered last fall were ones Ostroff greenlit. This coming fall will be some of the first ones under the new Pedowitz regime. Change is coming but we won't be able to sense it until later this yr.

Yeah I agree about Circle that it isn't that good. If it gets to season 2, I hope it will get better. I know a lot of people who felt Buffy didn't get really good until season 2. Same thing could happen with Secret Circle.

Btw, I like Buffy season 1 and think 3 was the best season, though I like them all.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin 3:16

LoveHurts38, it's cool if u don't watch CW. What would u do to fix it?
                        To be honest I don't know....Current shows just remind me of things I have already watched for example:

Ringer= A spanish novela La Usurpadora .....

It aired in 1998:

Paola and Paulina (Gabriela Spanic) are twin sisters who were separated at birth. Paulina is a good young woman who lives in poverty. Paola is the evil sister of the two who is married to a wealthy man named Carlos Daniel Bracho (Fernando Colunga). When the twins cross paths by chance, Paola blackmails Paulina to take Paola's place in the Bracho home while she takes a year-long vacation with her lover. Abandoned by her fiancé Osvaldo and following the death of her sick mother, Paulina submits to Paola's plan. Everyone were so shocked that Paola walked and her idea to be paralyzed is all a lie and her fabrication. Gema and Isabel warned Carlos Daniel that Paola is a not a so loving and sweet dove as he thought she is just a manipulative person who makes miserable to all people surround her even her sister Paulina.

The Vampire Diaries: I preferred more Moonlight but, CBS decided to cancel

The Secret Circle= The Craft ...High School girls who are witches

Nikita....I've already seen the movie 1990 foreign.

I guess I am the type that's really hard to please
                        Last edited by LoveHurts38; 01-14-2012, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
                          This coming fall will be some of the first ones under the new Pedowitz regime. Change is coming but we won't be able to sense it until later this yr.
                          Can't comment on the change or its effectiveness until we start seeing the promotion of their new shows (if any).

Btw, I like Buffy season 1 and think 3 was the best season, though I like them all.
                          I'm not one of those people. I liked Buffy right out of the gate. Buffy's core cast was engaging immediately. I threw the towel in on TSC after 2 episodes.

Nikita....I've already seen the movie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=167URLa-On0 1990 foreign.
                          A rehash of a rehash. Nikita is not Robin Hood or Batman or Superman. We don't need another reincarnation every 4-5 years. And the CW's rehash isn't that good.
                          Last edited by Raistlin; 01-12-2012, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Yeah I agree about Nikita. If the wait had been longer, great. It wasn't long enough of a wait though and I would rather have seen Hellcats return. That show may have dropped in the ratings but I know ratings were going back up. Plus, I wanted to see how they remedied the cliffhanger. Of course, not to mention, Tom Welling was involved!

I really think we will see Cult signal a change towards the glory days and nostalgia of The WB.

What was chosen instead of Aquaman when CW launched? I know Everwood lost out because 7th Heaven was felt to be a stronger show to lead the way but what got Aquaman's slot? Aquaman was a surefire pickup for The WB but got tossed when the network ended is that right?

LoveHurts38, don't worry, I'm the same way sometimes. I was utterly prepared to not like Angel back in the day because I didn't want them to take the character off of Buffy. Instead, I ended up loving the show more than Buffy at certain points. Thank u for your feedback on the topic btw.
                            Last edited by Austin 3:16; 01-12-2012, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Green Arrow coming? Could be! Look in the TV and Movies section under Other TV Shows for the Green Arrow tv series thread.

Comment

Green Arrow could be awesome and I hope it happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎