No announcement yet.

Will Merlin get stuck as an old man?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Merlin get stuck as an old man?

Here is something that occurred to me when Merlin started putting his old man face on (and I love it when he does this because it is truly the Merlin of legend). What if he gets stuck like that?

The accepted legend paints a picture of a wise but old man guiding a young king, but if they are both the same age then while I am sure Arthur will remain more fit and healthy and able to swing a sword on Baden Hill than Merlin, they will still both be old men. I also remembered that some stories talked about Merlin not aging in the usual way, and so even though he looked like an old man he wasn't really.

And finally at some point Arthur (and the world) is going to look at the old man and call him Merlin. I suppose it is possible that he has a public face and a private face (and I love the idea that he is always going to remain both advisor and servant to his King) but I think it is more likely that for some reason Merlin will end up stuck in his old man disguise. Maybe to an extent that he has a personal motivation to fix his own problem as well as Camelots (or maybe they will have the same solution).

I can just see it, Morgana casts a spell to kill Emyris. It backfires, trapping Merlin as an old man. At the battle we saw in Morgana's vision he has the choice between letting her cure him and risking Albion or letting her die and letting the threat to Albion slip away with his chance of being young again.

Downside is that Colin Morgan would need to start getting up a lot earlier every day to sit in the make up chair.

What do you think?
    Yes! you are a genius!
    0%
    Not a chance, he will always be able to change back
    0%
    He may get stuck temporarily, but not past the end of the show
    0%

I think you're thinking way too much about this.

Comment

I was kind of wondering if Merlin would get old fast at some point but i dont think it will be any time soon.

Do we know how old Arther is? Like is he playing a teenager? or is he ment to be in his 20s? Merlin can always get old either from time travel cause he needed wisdon to solve and problem in that point in time and young merlin goes to the future and does training or something and is there for 80 years then comes back to when he left or he has a spell put on him to get old. And even then Arther can be 30 when Merlin becomes the old man so there is still time.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎