Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Vs. the Baby?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Vs. the Baby?

what did you think about this episode?
    10 - Yeah Baby This Episode Rocked
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Boo Hoo Poor Little Baby Didn't Like This Episode
    0%

Sarah with a baby strapped to her chest, a machine gun in each hand. I thought I'd seen it all but that was hilarious. It was so over the top that I just lol'ed, it was so funny!

Loved this episode. I totally called the "protecting a baby from a case she worked" plot.

I was a little disturbed at what a cold blooded killer Sarah was and still is. She didn't seem to blink twice at putting a butcher knife through that guy.

Interesting twist - the revelation that Sarah could have lived a 'normal life' with her mom but chose not to. (What kind of mother lets her young daughter choose to live with a vagabond and criminal??) This revelation makes Sarah less of a victim of her childhood and implies that the spy life is more in her blood and what she wanted.

Maybe it's because I'm a mom but I loved that Sarah's mom (did she have a name???) got to see that her daughter turned out okay and found a nice guy and got married and is happy. What a balm to that mother's soul to know that her daughter is finally happy.

Yeah, pretty much loved that episode.

Comment

I was a little disturbed at what a cold blooded killer Sarah was and still is. She didn't seem to blink twice at putting a butcher knife through that guy.
      I saw that more as she didn't kill him because she thought it'd be fun and rewarding. It was more of a "he's never going to stop coming after (Molly), and I need to protect both her and my mom" kill. Not for fun, but out of necessity.

Comment

Originally posted by closetclana
        Sarah's mom (did she have a name???)
        I don't think they actually named her on the show but in an article somewhere I think they said her name was "Emma"?

So I thought this episode was going to be terrible. I had a great fear that the kid would either turn out to be Sarah's (with Bryce or Shaw) or that it would be a child having to do with a case that she and Chuck would end up adopting or something.

So glad that Molly ended up with Sarah's Mom instead.

I was a bit bothered that not once did Sarah's mother call her "Sam" (have the writers forgotten Sarah's real name? Shaw didn't call her that either last ep.).

It was nice to see Graham again (I guess while Sarah was on this mission Bryce was stealing the intersect? It still would have been nice to get a mention of Bryce Larkin, especially with Tim DeKay guest-starring. And how good was he as the bad guy?).

I liked the Alex and Morgan stuff but didn't care for the Ellie and Awesome stuff. The 'spy' playing just doesn't do it for me (didn't Awesome say he didn't want that after his stint playing spy?).

On the whole, it was a much better episode than I had expected.

Comment

I agree with everything you said, Welling_is_pretty.

And so with you on this...
          I was a bit bothered that not once did Sarah's mother call her "Sam" (have the writers forgotten Sarah's real name? Shaw didn't call her that either last ep.).
          I mean, you can't throw something like that out there when the woman - up until now, and still is actually - usually locked up tighter than a drum about her past & personal life, and then never expound upon it.

At the very least TPTB could have done for us, was have her tell Chuck that she told Shaw that her real name was Sam just to get a reaction out of him, but she didn't, so it has to be her real name. And all they did to address it was have Chuck tell her that "Sam was in the pre-Team Bartowski past, you just want to be known as Sarah now - and I'm ok with that.". Great for a relationship's conflict resolution, but as a viewer, I'm left seriously wanting and agitated.

Sorry for the long rant, but this is something I have ALWAYS wanted concrete resolution on ever since I first saw it back in Fake Name.

Comment

Originally posted by SVfan26

this is something I have ALWAYS wanted concrete resolution on ever since I first saw it back in [i]Fake Name[/].
            I know we we've talked about this before. The name inconsistency. In the flashback where Graham recruits her for the CIA he says something like "how do you like the name Sarah Walker". That implies that Sarah has been using the name Sarah the entire time she was in the CIA.

But in a 1st season episode, when her and Catrina fight (the one with the bathrobe and the fish), at the end of the fight Catrina asks Sarah what her cover name is. This implies that Sarah was just using the name for the assignment with Chuck.

Then when Sarah's dad shows up, he calls her Sarah. He didn't even know she was in the CIA at the time, so how did he know her name?

And then with Sarah's mom, and her cell phone showing that "Sarah" was calling instead of Sam.

When they got married I kept expecting them to address the Sarah/Sam issue but they never really did in a satisfying way. Usually the Chuck writers have been pretty good about continuity, but this is one area where they've dropped the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by SVfan26
              Thanks!

Originally posted by closetclana
              I know we we've talked about this before. The name inconsistency.
              Everything you said here I was nodding at so hard I nearly hurt myself. It's one of the biggest inconsistencies of the show--Sarah's name and who knew it when.

When they got married I kept expecting them to address the Sarah/Sam issue but they never really did in a satisfying way.
              This. Either she got her name legally changed to Sarah or she married Chuck under her 'alias' (which would make it illegal, yes?). I would really love to ask TPTB at Chuck for clarification about this. At times like this I almost wish I had a Twitter account to ask them about it or something.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎