No announcement yet.

About the Twin Princes

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About the Twin Princes

Im not sure how people feel about this but seems some people dont like it. Im assuming since this is the first season there is a reason for the twin thing and wasnt just done to redo some plot for the prince or something.

I doubt its anything like with smallville where Jimmy wasnt Jimmy and Lex wasnt Lex sort of thing. Im just wondering why the twin thing will be so important.

I think it was a) to give a twist to his backstory that we never knew about before and b) to play on the Prince and the Pauper story for funsies.

I have no problem with it, personally. Prince Charming is still the same guy we have known since the Pilot. We just now know that he wasn't always a prince. I actually kinda like that he grew into his princely-ness, but was always a brave and good-hearted guy.

Comment

I'm sure they have something planned with this twin thing. BTW, I find it hilarious that the twin revelation means that we don't actually know Charming's real name in Fairy Tale land even though he has so far been given no less than three different names! 'Charming' is the nickname that Snow gave him when they first met, 'James' was his brother's name and 'David Nolan' is his name in Storybrooke. So what was his actual name in Fairy Tale land? Is this going to be a running joke where we keep getting new names for him but still not his real one?
      Last edited by Exedore; 12-05-2011, 03:50 PM.

Comment

I'm assuming the shepherd's (and our Charming's) name was David, hence his David Nolan name in Storybrooke.

And, even then, I don't know that it matters what the shepherd's name was. He became James and went by James and that's how Snow (and their friends) know him. Snow didn't care what his real name was so I kinda don't, either, to an extent. If it's good enough for her to just call him "Charming" then it will be good enough for me.

Comment

Well he's one of the main characters on the show (the central mythos is Snow White's story after all) so I'd say his identity, his real name is important. And we have no idea what Snow thinks of his past all. We have only seen bits and pieces of their story: the first meeting, Snow waking up and the epilogue. I would think that if she really loves him then she would care what his real life was; come to think of it, did she ever call him 'James' at all in the Fairy Tale scenes? I can't quite remember and if I'm right that she never did, it was obviously done on purpose. Maybe she did call him by his real name (besides the 'Charming' nickname) and they deliberately avoided her calling him anything in the conversations we've seen so far to avoid giving away the twist with the twin.

Comment

The twins thing gave Rumple one more chance to be right in the middle of things.

Infact, he enjoyed the twins thing so much.........that he couldn't wait to sign Cinderella's contract, and fell right into her trap!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by savingpeoplething
              I think it was a) to give a twist to his backstory that we never knew about before and b) to play on the Prince and the Pauper story for funsies.

I have no problem with it, personally. Prince Charming is still the same guy we have known since the Pilot. We just now know that he wasn't always a prince. I actually kinda like that he grew into his princely-ness, but was always a brave and good-hearted guy.
              Wow, I never made the Prince and the Pauper connection until I read you post .
              But yes, I was very glad to see the last scene. It meant, Snow White only ever encountered one brother and didn't have a romance with both of them.
              That would have been tacky and disturbing.

Originally posted by jpfort1957
              The twins thing gave Rumple one more chance to be right in the middle of things.

Infact, he enjoyed the twins thing so much.........that he couldn't wait to sign Cinderella's contract, and fell right into her trap!!!!
              Yes, it makes much more sense now.
              It had seemed like a little carelessness of Rumple, who always seemed to be ahead of everyone, to fall for Ella's twin babies lie so fast.

Comment

By dealing with twins..........Rumple was able to make 2 different deals with Charming's daddy King. We may find out later that Rumple made sure that the first Prince died..........just to have the chance to make the second deal with the King for the Fairy Godmother's wand. I also think that we will find out later about what price the King had to pay for the first Prince.

Comment

*snort* my mind did go to the Jimmy disaster from Smallville.

Comment

By dealing with twins..........Rumple was able to make 2 different deals with Charming's daddy King. We may find out later that Rumple made sure that the first Prince died..........just to have the chance to make the second deal with the King for the Fairy Godmother's wand. I also think that we will find out later about what price the King had to pay for the first Prince.
                    Good point he probably did. Since Rumple can see the future he probably did some stuff to make sure the future happened. Guess similar to why he wanted Emma and made the deal with Snow White. There has to be more to it thenjust wanting to rule the real world otherwise he would have just killed Emma when he found her in the real world.

Maybe since the Prince was twins in the fairy tale world maybe in the real world the twins are in one body. he has 2 different personalities which is why he seems to be the only person in the real world who seems to have one part knowing he is in the real world and part that believes he is in the fairy tale world.

Im still thinking at some point we will learn that the King is going to be turned to gold by midus since the fake prince ran off with snow white.

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
                      Im still thinking at some point we will learn that the King is going to be turned to gold by midus since the fake prince ran off with snow white.
                      I have a feeling that Charming will have to make a deal with Rumple to unload Abigail and King Midas. The whole show seems to be about deals made with Rumplestiltskin.........he is the "Devil of Storyland"

Comment

I have a feeling that Charming will have to make a deal with Rumple to unload Abigail and King Midas. The whole show seems to be about deals made with Rumplestiltskin.........he is the "Devil of Storyland"
                        That seems very much possible, 'cause I'm still wondering how Charming got rid of Abigail and married Snow White.

Comment

Originally posted by Exedore
                          And we have no idea what Snow thinks of his past all.
                          Right. Maybe Charming told her about how he took over when his twin died and she went along with it for the good of the kingdom. We just don't have enough information at this point.

Originally posted by Exedore
                          did she ever call him 'James' at all in the Fairy Tale scenes?
                          She said "Nice to meet you, James" at the Troll Bridge, but when they parted from each other, she still wanted to call him "Charming".

Originally posted by ebatcl
                          Wow, I never made the Prince and the Pauper connection until I read you post .
                          I only made that connection after Josh Dallas talked about it

Originally posted by superhippie2000
                          Good theory!
                          Last edited by savingpeoplething; 12-08-2011, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by savingpeoplething

She said "Nice to meet you, James" at the Troll Bridge, but when they parted from each other, she still wanted to call him "Charming".
                            Ah I forgot about that, thanks. Still, that was their first meeting and he was playing the part of "James". But I don't remember her calling him by name in their scenes in the Pilot (even when they were alone together). Seems to me they deliberately avoided her calling him by name to avoid giving away the twist, because I'm sure once she learned his secret she used his real name in private.

Comment

Ya Rumple seems like the show revolves around him even tho they focus alot on snow white the queen and emma and henry. I guess Rumple would be considered this series Jacob but unlike LOST we actually get to see him and know who he is but hes still playing everyone and controlling their fates.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎