Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Television Ratings for "The Shepherd"

TVByTheNumbers.com is reporting that Once got a 3.1 in the demo and and 9.6 million viewers.

Makes me nervous that Once keeps dropping, but a 3.1 is still dang good.

Why dropping again?
    Maybe football?

Comment

I am going to guess that the drop is do to the holiday shopping season. That is why most shows go in hiatus during this time. They know most people will be too busy to commit to watching a show especially on Sundays. People try to maximize shopping during weekends because it is too hard to do it after work. But if the numbers keep dropping after the break, then that won't be a good sign.

Comment

I'm afraid.
        I need second season.
        This show began with 13 m. and now almost 10
        WHY?????

Comment

Originally posted by Penca
          Why dropping again?
          Maybe football?
          NFL Games are tough to beat and at this point in the season, it's really tough because it's getting close to the Super Bowl.

Originally posted by SteelyGal
          I am going to guess that the drop is do to the holiday shopping season. That is why most shows go in hiatus during this time.
          I definitely think the holidays are part of it as well. People are traveling, shopping, and watching NFL games on Sunday nights in December.

This show began with 13 m. and now almost 10
          WHY?????
          Well, most TV shows start off big and then drop to find their audience, so it's not unusual for a show to drop. But, at some point, it has to stop.

Originally posted by SteelyGal
          if the numbers keep dropping after the break, then that won't be a good sign.
          That's the biggest test of all...when they come back at the first of the year. People will be ready for new episodes of TV, NFL games will be winding down, and the holidays will be over. I think they can get the audience back then, especially, if episode 7 leaves us all crazy after a big cliffhanger.

Just make sure everyone you know (especially, if they have a Nielsen box) is watching LIVE.
          Last edited by savingpeoplething; 12-05-2011, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Maybe ABC should change the day....
            But Nielsen ratings are obsolet

Comment

Maybe ABC should change the day....
              I don't think ABC is going to find anything that will perform better than Once on a Sunday. I think right now, it benefits them to keep it in the timeslot it's in now. Also? The more you move a show around, the more likely you'll start to lose people (see: Arrested Development).

But Nielsen ratings are obsolet
              Hardly. Nielsen numbers are still the way the industry judges viewership and is a huge player in what networks do with their programming.

Comment

So..........second season is possible?
                I'm really nervous

Comment

So..........second season is possible?
                  I'm really nervous
                  I wouldn't be nervous until we start seeing numbers in January and February. ABC is generally happy with a 2.0 and higher, so Once is still okay. I think Season 2 is very possible.

Just continue to make sure everyone you know in the U.S. is watching it when it airs (a.k.a LIVE) and within 3 days for DVR.
                  Last edited by savingpeoplething; 12-05-2011, 10:47 AM.

Comment

I don't think we have to worry. I have a feeling this show has a guaranteed second season.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar
                      I don't think we have to worry. I have a feeling this show has a guaranteed second season.
                      I hope so

Comment

Final numbers came out for "The Shepherd" and Once went up to a 3.2, which is good!

Somehow, I feel better with a 3.2 than I do a 3.1

Comment

Yesterday Castle (one of the biggest ABC' success) did 8 m and 2.0.
                          so....December is a awful month.
                          I have hope, we will have second season (i need itĦĦ)

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎