Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resurrect Smallville

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to boards . I do think that Smallville left at the right time. Although I thought it would be interesting to actually have a proper comic continuation of it. But then again, I have read about what has been happening in the Buffy and Angel comics and I'm not really digging. Of course that's for another discussion but the bottom line is maybe they would make more missteps with the comic than they did sometimes with the series . So maybe it's best left alone.

Comment

Add my voice to the chorus of "It Ended On Time". The whole concept of the show was "The life of Clark Kent In The Years before he Became Superman" as well as just how he became Superman. Not just getting the costume and name, but the morality and the character.

He's done that. It's time.

Clark doesn't become Superman at age 50.

Comment

I'd like to see a smallville cartoon made. It could fill in some of gaps from between episodes to add more to the smallville story.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a smallvile video game made that would cover the.series from season 1 to season 10 with a setup similar to grand theft auto San Andreas.

I'm not sure if the show was popular enough for a video game but I think a cartoon would work. Put it on cartoon network on Friday nights like they did with Star Wars: Clone Wars, Batman : Brave and the Bold, and Young Justice. I think it would get a mix of both kids and smallville fans watching it. Can I campaign for a cartoon adaptation of smallville?

Comment

I like this forum post because I'm seeing some other people who feel exactly the way I do about smallville and I dont see that on every post. I was starting to think I was the only one who was obsessive about smallville. I'll be watching this show for the next 30 years so even as the show ended, the legend will live on.

Comment

I'll second the request for an animated Smallville. I think that would help for a lot of fans who r missing the show.

Comment

I'm looking forward to the season 11 comic! Would have loved to have an animated series as well. Maybe someday if the comic is successful.

Comment

Originally posted by blue_steel
                I'm not someone who posts on message forums.....this is my first time. But, I had something to say. And I was thinking ......that this is probably a good a time as any.

I didn't start out an immediate Smallville fan. Actually the show was about 4 seasons old before I ever watched it. But once I did.....I was hooked. We went and bought the DVD collections. It became a regular event to set down a couple of times each week and take in a show or two. Each of us couldn't hardly wait to catch the next show and see where we would be taken next.

After a great Thanksgiving dinner today, I found myself watching a few older Smallville shows with my youngest son. And I finally realized just how much I missed my absolute favorite show. Each of us had seen the show 2 - 3 times already. But......we enjoyed it just the same.

Lightning struck in Vancouver just over 10 years ago. This is a once-in-a-lifetime series. Everyone selected for a story character was perfect for that character. To see any of them leave during the series run was almost like watching a good friend move away. We wondered "would we ever see them again?"

Sometimes there were a few shows that lacked gusto. But that was OK. We always looked forward to the next week. There aren't anymore next weeks now. And I really, really hate that.

We need to start a message, an outcry, call it what you will....for CW (or Warner Brothers) to resurrect Smallville. There's still way too much material left to use to continue to tell the story of the "steel-blue scout". Through the last decade Smallville has been a fantastic conduit to tell these stories. And my guess is that many of you feel the same.

Call me crazy. Call me lame. Maybe this is a futile attempt that will end in absolute disappointment. But, to not try and let CW (someone) know that we're just not ready to see our show leave would be a greater disappointment.

So.......let's start something....

Well, Nikita is getting lower RATINGS in it's 2nd Season then Smallville got in it's 10th!!! So, the execs at CW are wrong, wrong, wrong for taking Smallville off the air!!! It could be on a BETTER night OR better yet, on Sy Fy!!!

Obviously the show took a different direction in Season 8 with Clark working at the Daily Planet.

So, I really consider that it only had 3 seasons of THAT show Without Tess around... and Chloe... the show could continue without everyone KNOWING that Clark is Superman! That part was annoying to me...

But I would love a Reboot with Superman (Tom) and Lois Lane (Erica) with Perry, Jimmy, Cat, etc at the DP

That could work!!

Comment

All I'm going to say is that I miss this show truly and deeply and wish they could find it in their hearts to bring the show back - even for at least one more season - or have some sort of spin off.

R.I.P Smallville - We miss you!

Comment

^ Not gonna happen. Trust me. The comic is as close as we're gonna get! And maaaaaaaybe an animated series but thats a longshot.

Comment

Trust me, I know it's not gonna happen... like I said; I wish.

The show lasted for 10 years (which should seem like a life time) but the show felt so short-lived. There's so much more they could have done with it, but it is what it is. It would be cool if they duplicated a show like this for Spider-Man or Batman, but with all these new movies coming out it's highly doubtful.

Here's to wishful thinking.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎