Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Slash Fiction?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Crowley has lived to long because he is smart. And if he is, he is going to the Winchesters to wipe out this leviathans...

Comment

Originally posted by Dexter
      While this episode did a good job of advancing the Leviathan plot, it also had me asking this one question the entire time. Haven't I already seen these exact same storylines before? Shapeshifters posing as Sam and Dean. The FBI going after Sam and Dean. Crowley wanting to partner up. Sam leaving Dean and going off on his own. This episode was one big rehash.
      Bring up the fact that they went to the same locations of the pilot, "Wendigo", "Dead in the Water", "Skin" and "Hookman" too.

But..to call this episode a rehash...you have credit as there are a lot of things that has happened beforehand, but I just think the episode is meant to be on some levels to bring back that "risk" factor that the boys had hanging on their heads, such as doppelganger versions and the FBI on their tail.

Comment

So Sam and Dean split up again. Thats getting rather old. Other than the ending, the episode was ok. I would say a solid 7.

Comment

Originally posted by Kal26
          So Sam and Dean split up again. Thats getting rather old.
          That can be part of the Supernatural drinking game:

When Dean lies to Sam take a shot,when Sam walks off angry take three shots,and when they make up down the bottle.

Comment

This episode was fun and funny and tied in well overall with the mytharc. I really enjoyed it (well, like Kal26, until the end but more on that later).

I knew we started with the doubles (from the spoilers) but man Leviathan!Dean with the flirting was spot on Dean, IMO. Well, until he pulled a gun.

Bobby with the Leviathan (hey, a reference to Cas, nice!) trying to find a way to kill it interrupted by the boys finding out about their copies. Nice reference to them being presumed dead though (continuity, we haz it! LOL). I did wish for a Hendrickson reference as well but no luck.

Anyone else notice "Big Bongs" instead of Ding Dongs?

And why wouldn't Sam be smart enough to realize that the store guy would ID him? Seemed a bit off.

Bobby sending them to Frank (I really liked that there's a guy out there who knows about the magic and demons and stuff and is still paranoid about tech instead. Nice touch) and the ditching of their old ways. "Tom and John Smith"? Another Doctor Who shout out...?

Anyone else wince when he broke Sam's laptop (Sam goes through laptops really quickly!)? I did.

Ick, Bobby beheading him (I had a feeling that wouldn't do it).

Where did the doubles find an Impala?

The return of Jodi (seriously, how do you spell her name? I've seen "Jodi", "Jodie", and "Jody" and I'm not sure which is right. Using Jodi for ease until I know for sure!) but I did wonder if she wasn't there to find the boys (she is, after all, the law).

The little car (was that a My Little Pony?!). How was Sam even fitting in that little thing? He must have been about folded in half! Dean so upset about Baby being hidden away (they didn't even show us where she is!) and "nobody puts Baby in a corner" and the Swayze talk (gotta love Dean referencing Swayze again). The soft rock and then Dean singing along (he's sung to that before--Jo) and Sam sideeyeing him made me laugh so hard.

The stuff about following the pattern of the boys hunts from Season 1 (Jensen was right, this season does contain a lot of ties to the first!) was cool.

The Leviathan!boys at the diner was so much fun (well, until the killing). Lev!Dean saying Dean thinks burgers are almost as good as sex, Lev!Sam calling Sam Schizo, just great riffs on the boys.

Then the real ones arrested (the wink!), Bobby finding the solution (Borax? I kind of like that the oldest of the beings created are destroyed by a chemical created by humans and not found in nature. Makes a sort of sense to me) and Bobby kissing Jodi (though I think they make better friends, it's nice that Bobby's getting some 'action').

The cop at the station being swayed their way, Dean killing "Sam" and then "Dean". And Leviathan!Dean spills the secret to Sam.

once again the boys are "dead".

Crowley! Always nice to see the King of Hell. And of course he tried to make a deal (Head leviathan is a politician? Huh). I have a feeling he'll be going to the boys soon with a deal "the enemy of my enemy" type thing.

Okay, let's talk about the ending. yes, we knew Sam would be upset. He has every right to be. But he's leaving again (really strong vibes of him leaving in Scarecrow, I actually was like "is Meg gonna reappear?")? Hasn't he learned that that doesn't work? And I am just so tired of the boys "breaking up" (as several places are referring to it). This season was supposed to be about them being together. And here they are being apart again. Why can't the writers leave them be for a while? I know conflict makes for great stories but the boys haven't been a team for more than a few episodes (It feels like anyway) since Dean went to Hell! Let's have that for a nice change.

So yeah, I liked it until the end and then I just sighed and wished I could knock some sense into Sera, et al. Enough, already!

Comment

The little car (was that a My Little Pony?!). How was Sam even fitting in that little thing? He must have been about folded in half! Dean so upset about Baby being hidden away (they didn't even show us where she is!) and "nobody puts Baby in a corner" and the Swayze talk (gotta love Dean referencing Swayze again). The soft rock and then Dean singing along (he's sung to that before--Jo) and Sam sideeyeing him made me laugh so hard.
              That scene was hilarious! I love it when the brothers are in that type of situation.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Clois4eva89
              That can be part of the Supernatural drinking game:

When Dean lies to Sam take a shot,when Sam walks off angry take three shots,and when they make up down the bottle.
              I see alcohol poisoning in our futures.
              Last edited by Raistlin; 10-31-2011, 01:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

It's a fifteen minute breakup this time; they're working together in the next ep.

These Leviathans are a cheap special effect, man. Where's their monstrous true form? Like some Cthulu beast. Is that ever going to show up at all, because that's the reality the hunters should have to face in the end. And it should totally kill them!

I like the idea that no one has ever found a way to kill Leviathans and no one ever will. The hunters should have to deal with them some other way. Find for them some kind of "fate worse than death."

Comment

They're working together on the next case, sure, but I think they arrived in the town in separate vehicles, and they'll be leaving in their respected vehicles by episode's end.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎