Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Ghost World?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't necessarily say that Jeremy was cheating. Anna was the love of his life. She died. He never broke up with her. It would only be a normal reaction to want to kiss her. Jeremy wanted and needed closure. Oh and by the way, it was Bonnie that had a hand in Anna's death when she tricked everyone by not actually disabling the Gilbert device. Bonnie overreacted and should have been more understanding. I'm not saying that Jeremy wasn't in the wrong as well, but Bonnie, Caroline, and Elena were being irrational.

Comment

I agree that Bonnie overreacted with her use of magic. She should have told the truth about the Gilbert device that she supposedly fixed... That being said, love of his life or not (and I can buy that Jeremy genuinely loves Anna), he was dating Bonnie at the time. Not flirting, not kind of seeing her. Bonnie is his girlfriend and when your boyfriend is caught passionately kissing someone else, I think that qualifies as cheating. Semantics aside - cheating or not - I can definitely see how Bonnie would find Jeremy's actions as a betrayal, because she loves him. She used really powerful magic to bring him back, and he clearly doesn't feel the same. He just handled things poorly, and she's hurt.

Moreover, I don't think Elena, Bonnie or Caroline were being irrational. Or rather, I'm not sure in which way you are saying they were being so. I think they were trying to protect their friend and help save their town in the best way they knew how.
      Last edited by smallvillerocks45; 11-01-2011, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dru-zod2501

Why did Anna really steal the necklace? She knew she had to leave Jeremy eventually. She was the one who kept saying she can be willed away by him. After all this honesty now she does something dishonest so she can stick around longer? please....

Anna said to Jeremy at the end that she stole the necklace b/c when she saw that the tomb vamps were back she was hoping for a chance to find her mother, which meant that she had to delay Bonnie; so ultimately all that she did was motivated by loneliness. Which I thought was really consistent with her character, I mean that was her whole motivation back in S1 also--to be reunited with her mother. I am so happy she was. I loved that last scene with her and Jeremy too. I always thought they shared a sweet connection, and I was glad to see some real closure for those characters. In fact I was glad to see closure for all of them, Bonnie and Grams, Lexi and Stefan, Damon and Mason plus Damon and Alaric. For me it was a 10. I don't feel a need to have any of them come back again...and honestly the main one I wanted to see again was Anna, but the others made for a nice feeling of satisfaction too. One chapter ended. Now we can focus on this whole other business with the Originals. Great ep!

Comment

Originally posted by smallvillerocks45
          I don't think they were necessarily opposed to ghosts being around in general. Elena actually did want Lexi around. I think the problem was - as was the case with Damon and the history guest - is that they had a physical hold in the world and could hurt people. That is a problem, especially since those tomb ghosts actually did kill someone and were going to kill others. That's a major problem.

Now, as for the Anna ghost situation, I don't think that Caroline, Elena and Bonnie were necessarily opposed to her because it was a vampire ghost, but because her being around meant that Jeremy was cheating on their best friend - and his girlfriend. Also, it appears that the magics used were all or nothing - perhaps something could be done to isolate ghost situations where only specific individuals could come back, but I think that getting rid of them as a whole was a lesser of two evils. Keeping all ghosts in town meant that the bad ones couldn't be controlled. Getting rid of all of them made the town that much safer. I know I was sad to see Mason go, his quest for redemption was noble for sure, but he had to go too, as per the magic spell chosen.

I don't think Elena was being a hypocrite, I think she was looking out for her best friend who her brother was cheating on. I think Bonnie was jealous, and Caroline was looking out for her friend. Plus, she actually fought bad ghosts who were trying to kill her boyfriend's mother. I bet Caroline wasn't sorry to see them go. They might have killed her without a second thought or any remorse.
          I still found their attitudes absurd and again mostly because of the fact that vampires are a huge problem too (an even bigger problem one could argue) and yet you don't see Bonnie trying to rid the world of them (or at least, not anymore), and Elena is of course too busy falling in love with them. And Caroline of course is one of these monsters herself. None of these people are in any position to go off on ghosts. That was the main issue for me, the absurdity of it all. Now that the ghost problem is dealt with, how's about conjuring up a spell to rid the world of its other "unnatural" elements Bonnie? And then maybe turning that mirror on yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by smallvillerocks45
            That being said, love of his life or not (and I can buy that Jeremy genuinely loves Anna), he was dating Bonnie at the time. Not flirting, not kind of seeing her. Bonnie is his girlfriend and when your boyfriend is caught passionately kissing someone else, I think that qualifies as cheating. Semantics aside - cheating or not - I can definitely see how Bonnie would find Jeremy's actions as a betrayal, because she loves him. She used really powerful magic to bring him back, and he clearly doesn't feel the same. He just handled things poorly, and she's hurt.
            IA with this, as much as I like Jeremy and Anna together, he was with Bonnie and not only did he kiss Anna it was pretty much implied she was it for him. I'm glad that relationship is over, I never felt they invested in it much, it was rushed and felt forced. Jeremy always felt too immature for Bonnie to me. Alaric was right, he was an idiot but they do learn

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎