Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Smells Like Teen Spirit?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

10/10. Great, great episode. Really enjoying this season's twist on Stefan's character. It's silly of course that Elena has an eternally optimistic (and eternally blind) "Stefan can do no wrong" attitude and will forgive anything he does, but whatever that's clueless Elena for you I guess. Stefan can eat a bus load of children and Elena would still be starry-eyed for him. When is Michael gonna be let loose on the town? Hopefully Katherine was drained to death, and his next action will be to behead both of the Salvatore brothers. It's the happy ending for this series we've all only dreamed of until now, the light at the end of a very dark tunnel.

Originally posted by j-peezy
    This ep was exciting with it's Elena going all Buffy
    Originally posted by Caught_In_The_Sun
    Cute comments by Damon to Elena...Buffy...Warrior Princess.
    Originally posted by Raistlin
    Oh, no, no, no. There is only one Buffy and Elena is not her. Elena can only hope to get over on a vampire if she has the element of surprise. She has none of Buffy's supernatural strength, skill or healing ability. And I hope TVD's producers and writers do not even try to go there with Elena.
    Originally posted by Dexter
    Obviously she isn't going to become a badass vampire hunter with super strength, but she is learning to defend herself.
    In other words, the Lana Lang/Smallville route. I was getting Smallville flashbacks more so than Buffy, like when Lex was training Lana, etc. I just hope they don't gradually transform Elena into a full-blown Superwoman like they did Lana...talk about ugh.

Originally posted by rej@ne
    I didn't like Bonnie in this ep. So stupid to dismiss Jeremy coz of the ghosts stuff considering all of the things happening...
    Bonnie was super annoying in this episode. Jeremy was trying to explain and she would completely ignore him. Anna is only trying to help. She was murdered, Bonnie! Can you please sympathize with that?
    Yeah they're making Bonnie very unlikable/annoying aren't they... Her first reaction to hearing Vicki was trying to find a way to come back from the dead was that she had to be stopped or sent back or something like that if I recall. I mean if Vicki found a way to live again, and not be a vampire anymore but Vicki the human being, who is Bonnie to take that away from her. If Vicki was trying to do something evil or hurt somebody, sure, but as far as Bonnie knew all Vicki was trying to do was beat death/live again. And Bonnie's immediate reaction was basically "hell no I gotta stop this"...kinda evil/unsympathetic.
    Last edited by Xanderman; 10-23-2011, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Obviously she isn't going to become a badass vampire hunter with super strength, but she is learning to defend herself. After getting beaten around and gnawed on in the last episode, it's good to see her training with Alaric. She won't be the one to kill Klaus, but she also won't be the girlfriend that is so clingy to Stefan.

Bonnie just put up a large jealousy wall. She wouldn't even let Jeremy talk.

Caroline is a vampire too. Bonnie shouldn't care for her I suppose. Because she's a vampire. Bonnie also shouldn't have bothered to try and find a spell for Tyler when he was turning into a hybrid. Because he's a werewolf. Bonnie should just let everyone of her friends die. Because they're supernatural.

What's your point? Anna was in more control of her vampirism than any other character on the show.
      Dexter I LOVE ALL YOUR COMENTS!!

Comment

Obviously she isn't going to become a badass vampire hunter with super strength, but she is learning to defend herself. After getting beaten around and gnawed on in the last episode, it's good to see her training with Alaric. She won't be the one to kill Klaus, but she also won't be the girlfriend that is so clingy to Stefan.
        I guess we'll have to wait and see. Right now she appears to be moving towards clinging to Damon and I'm all for seeing more supernatural creatures wipe the floor with Elena. She's an idiot.

Bonnie just put up a large jealousy wall. She wouldn't even let Jeremy talk.
        Jeremy should have talked when the ghosts of girlfriends past first appeared to him.

Caroline is a vampire too. Bonnie shouldn't care for her I suppose. Because she's a vampire. Bonnie also shouldn't have bothered to try and find a spell for Tyler when he was turning into a hybrid. Because he's a werewolf. Bonnie should just let everyone of her friends die. Because they're supernatural.

What's your point? Anna was in more control of her vampirism than any other character on the show.
        My point is pretty simple. Bonnie's witchy ancestors were not fans of vampires. If you will recall, Bonnie didn't embrace Caroline upon learning she was a vampire either. She initially wanted nothing to do with her and it took her a little bit of time to come around. Anna and Bonnie were never friends. All you need to do is put yourself in Bonnie's place: Vampire, Former Love Interest, Jeremy didn't come clean immediately. Her reaction isn't far-fetched or unreasonable.

Comment

Good episode! Lots of good moments! The Elena catch and Katherin being dinnner were 2 of my favorites...and one of the ones I can remember! I gave it a 9..

Comment

Originally posted by Raistlin
            Jeremy should have talked when the ghosts of girlfriends past first appeared to him.
            True, but that would require Bonnie actually being on the show. I'm pretty sure she was missing from the first couple of episodes because Kat Graham is focusing more on her music career lately. Julie even said that some of the contracts of the cast were being limited in regards to people asking why Bonnie wasn't in the first few episodes. Maybe they should start casting Meredith to be Elena's best friend since Bonnie couldn't even make it to her birthday party.

My point is pretty simple. Bonnie's witchy ancestors were not fans of vampires. If you will recall, Bonnie didn't embrace Caroline upon learning she was a vampire either. She initially wanted nothing to do with her and it took her a little bit of time to come around. Anna and Bonnie were never friends. All you need to do is put yourself in Bonnie's place: Vampire, Former Love Interest, Jeremy didn't come clean immediately. Her reaction isn't far-fetched or unreasonable.
            Except it has nothing to do with Anna being a vampire and it wouldn't even make sense if it did since Anna is in more control of herself than any of Bonnie's closest friends.

Comment

True, but that would require Bonnie actually being on the show. I'm pretty sure she was missing from the first couple of episodes because Kat Graham is focusing more on her music career lately. Julie even said that some of the contracts of the cast were being limited in regards to people asking why Bonnie wasn't in the first few episodes. Maybe they should start casting Meredith to be Elena's best friend since Bonnie couldn't even make it to her birthday party.
              A-ha. Well, I really don't care about the behind the scenes goings-on. In the first episode Jeremy and Bonnie were chatting on the phone, so I would assume they had other phone conversations that were not on-screen. Jeremy could have raised the flag about ghostly girlfriends.

Except it has nothing to do with Anna being a vampire and it wouldn't even make sense if it did since Anna is in more control of herself than any of Bonnie's closest friends.
              What has nothing to do with Anna being a vampire? Did you miss the part about the witches not being fond of vampires? My point stands because if Bonnie is going to cut any vampire slack it would be one she knew as a human (i.e. Caroline). Who cares if Anna was in control of herself? It's a moot point now. She's dead, but even death isn't keeping her off Jeremy's mind, so in addition to the vampire thing and the dead thing, Jeremy still has an emotional attachment to Anna (or so it would seem) and it bugs Bonnie.

Comment

And then there is this guy named Damon. You know him, right? The vampire who abused Caroline, would have killed Bonnie if it wasn't for Stefan saving her, was responsible for Grams dying, and killed Jeremy. Yet now Bonnie is working with him and was actually willing to save his life in the finale. Damon is proof that Anna being a vampire is a non factor at this point in the series for Bonnie.

Comment

And then there is this guy named Damon. You know him, right? The vampire who abused Caroline, would have killed Bonnie if it wasn't for Stefan saving her, was responsible for Grams dying, and killed Jeremy. Yet now Bonnie is working with him and was actually willing to save his life in the finale. Damon is proof that Anna being a vampire is a non factor at this point in the series for Bonnie.
                  Agreed.
                  I think it´s a poor and lazy way the show chose to end Bonnie/Jeremy relationship(coz they realizedit was going anywhere but falling intofun´s deslike)
                  Bonnie helps vampires since she realized they´renot allthat bad and coz Elena asked ofc. So there´s no way her "issues" with Jeremy seeing his deadvamp exgfs concerns to the fact they were vampires.

Comment

I am not sure how Bonnie feels about Damon these days. But I think it's safe to say that the latest vampire activity going on in Mystic Falls isn't going to endear any of them to her.

Comment

Originally posted by rej@ne
                      Agreed.
                      I think it´s a poor and lazy way the show chose to end Bonnie/Jeremy relationship(coz they realizedit was going anywhere but falling intofun´s deslike)
                      Bonnie helps vampires since she realized they´renot allthat bad and coz Elena asked ofc. So there´s no way her "issues" with Jeremy seeing his deadvamp exgfs concerns to the fact they were vampires.
                      I hope they break up even if it was a cheap way to go about doing it. Their relationship was bad and built around neither Jeremy or Bonnie having a storyline last year, so the writers just put the two together.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎