No announcement yet.

Anyone else not feeling this show?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else not feeling this show?

Since I watch Vampire Diaries and Supernatural after the seasons finish, I wanted to try watching The Secret Circle so I could have supernatural genre type show that I could watch week to week. With five episodes in, I am just not feeling this show yet. I have tried to get into it, but with each passing episode I just find myself caring less and less about the characters.

Just curious if anyone else feels the same way?

My main issue is that none of the actors that play the teens don't really have any chemistry with one another. As of right now, the parents are the biggest draw for me.

While the mystery behind the parents' death is certainly interesting, I think these first couple of episodes should have spent more time on the characters instead of jumping into plots where crazy people and demons are trying to kill them. Because like you said, there's really not much to care about these characters so far.

Comment

I think it's improving. But it is no TVD.

The one major thing I don't like about this show is Cassie being the main character. The only interesting thing about the girl so far is that her grandmother is the only grown witch willing to help the circle.
      They should focus on other characters besides Cassie and Adam. And that's why I liked where they were going with Nick and Melissa until they killed him off.

Comment

Originally posted by vyperman7
        Since I watch Vampire Diaries and Supernatural after the seasons finish, I wanted to try watching The Secret Circle so I could have supernatural genre type show that I could watch week to week. With five episodes in, I am just not feeling this show yet. I have tried to get into it, but with each passing episode I just find myself caring less and less about the characters.

*raises hand*

I stopped watching after the second episode. I see promos for TSC during all the CW shows I still do watch, but sadly (or not), they have not piqued my interest. That said, I'm wondering how those of you who have hung in there feel about it.

Comment

The only thing that bothers me is how emotionless Cassie is with her mother's death. You would think she would breakdown once in a while thinking about her dead mother, but nothing is there. Maybe it's because of the dark magic in her that negates those feelings or something, I don't know. In other shows on CW, with tragic deaths, we seen the endless motion displayed but that's not the case with Cassie.

Comment

The series is nothing like the books just like VD.

Comment

Originally posted by vyperman7
              Yeah... I kinda already left the building with this show and I haven’t looked back yet. They lost me when they killed the kid Nick. Not much of a secret circle if everyone becomes replaceable.

Comment

The show is improving. Jake is a better character than Nick. Now they are starting to show more of the characters...

Comment

I gave up on the show. The way they brought in Nicks brother was so random. If they had killed him off in the pilot I felt it would've worked out better. But to develope Nick, and then just kill him off to bring in his oh so predictable witch hunter of a brother, just didn't sit well with me.

BUT even killing Nick off in the midseason finale would've worked out better for them imo, more hype surrounding his death and then they could've brought in the witchhunter storyline.

Heck if Cassie was written better I could maybe tolerate the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by LuthorKent90
                    Heck if Cassie was written better I could maybe tolerate the rest of the season.
                    Cassie is a super freak. Her mom had just died and there's been plenty of deaths surrounding her since then and yet she remains emotionless. She is either a sociopath or that is bad writing. Take your pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Dexter
                      Cassie is a super freak. Her mom had just died and there's been plenty of deaths surrounding her since then and yet she remains emotionless. She is either a sociopath or that is bad writing. Take your pick.
                      I'm pretty sure she is a sociopath... have you seen the preview for the next episode lol?

Comment

First ep was good but I lost interest after that. I was really hoping for the next Charmed.

Comment

Yup! She reminds me of Elena on TVD!

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
                          First ep was good but I lost interest after that. I was really hoping for the next Charmed.
                          yeah, I've been losing interest. I haven't watched the last 2 episodes. But Bones started back, so that could be the problem.
                          Last edited by Sugar; 11-15-2011, 10:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar
                            Yup! She reminds me of Elena on TVD!
                            Except Elena actually emotes her feelings. Sure, she will have some facepalm moments like when she stared blankly at Stefan's list of victims, but at least she shows that she cares for other people. Cassie killed her date to the dance and acted like it was just another day at the office.

I don't think they should have pushed this series so soon if they couldn't get a good cast. It's silly that Kevin Williamson would try to write a show about a coven of witches when he can't even write decently for Bonnie.

Comment

Except Elena actually emotes her feelings. Sure, she will have some facepalm moments like when she stared blankly at Stefan's list of victims, but at least she shows that she cares for other people. Cassie killed her date to the dance and acted like it was just another day at the office.

I don't think they should have pushed this series so soon if they couldn't get a good cast. It's silly that Kevin Williamson would try to write a show about a coven of witches when he can't even write decently for Bonnie.
                              Agreed. But we know how money hungry the CW is. (not saying I blame them... they need all they can get ) They don't really care if the cast is good, so long as they're making money. And putting Kevin Williamson behind it made them some money.

As for Elena, she's one of the best female lead characters on tv right now, imo.
                              She stands up for herself and those she loves, even when it seems silly to do so because she's surrounded by so many powerful creatures who could easily crush her.

And she didn't just give up when Stefan left.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎