Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dexter
    I guess I'm the only one that found this episode to be a huge letdown following the last two episodes? It seemed like its only purpose was to give Colin Ford his own episode. We already knew that Sam didn't see all monsters as black and white, so nothing new there. And the interactions between the characters was really awkward.

Like for example, the girl and Sam in the flashback. "You're a hunter and I'm a monster. You're supposed to kill me and I'm supposed to kill you."

And Dean talking to the kid after he killed his mom. "Have you killed anyone?" "The only person I'm going to kill is you." And then they just blankly stare at each other and the scene ends.

The dialog was really weak and not up to par with what this show usually delivers.
    I definitely thought the episode was the weakest of the season. I liked it how it had a lot of focus on Sam, but I also thought that it spent too much time on flashbacks. I liked that a new monster (kitsune) was featured, but I didn't like the way they did it. I would rather have had the episode be about both brothers hunting the kitsune. And I also think the kitsunes should have been Japanese like the okami in season 6 since kitsune is a Japanese supernatural entity. I thought it was interesting how the Leviathans unlike all other beings that dealt with the Winchesters in the past aren't taking them lightly, but are taking them more like Crowley was last season---as a huge threat. Monsters, demons, angels, Eve, and even archangels like Michael & Lucifer all underestimated the Winchesters & we all know what happened to them. These guys are smarter than them & I like how they're showing it. So that being the case, I think it would have been smart if the Leviathans located a bunch of kitsunes in this episode & notified them of the Winchesters & their whereabouts. That would have made for a much better episode in my opinion.

----- Added 9 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Kar.
    I thought the episode was really good. Really took it back a few seasons. Had a season 2 vibe, only thing is I'm starting to get tired of Sam always having a fling with monsters. It's getting a bit played out now. I wasn't really expecting the ending and while it does seem like something Dean would do, I still feel like it was outta character a bit. Were this seasons 1 and 2 it would've acceptable but since "Bloodlust" they made it seem like Dean had really ditched the whole black and white view on monsters way back then but now with this episode its like "sike!" Pretty coldblooded if you ask me. But it was still a good episode.

I like how the Leviathans are everywhere now, but it kinda makes you wonder why haven't the demons thought of infiltrating the system like that to find the Winchesters? And how is it that they know the names the boys are using on credit cards? It could've been anyone using that card. But yeah, the season is doing great so far. I'm still waiting for "Slash Fiction".
    I also thought it was out of character for Dean. I was really not happy with what he did. I thought after everything they've been through, not only in Bloodlust but with Lucifer too, that Dean would finally show more trust in Sam. The reason why this felt like it didn't belong this season is because that distrust should have been left behind after season 5 ended. I don't know how pissed Sam is gonna be when he finds out. At this point, I think they need to stop the secret keeping between the 2.

As for Sam, I liked how they did an episode about him, but I really wish they would have focused on him actually hunting in the present day with his condition rather than show him in the past. What I'm really curious about is how the hell Sam ended up where he did last week if Lucifer is not real. I don't think that's the case. Everytime they showed something that happened that wasn't entirely reality involving Sam, they showed his involvement in it, such as Sam being dragged up by chains & other stuff. So if Sam wasn't shown driving the van that Lucifer made to look like the Impala & if Lucifer is just an illusion, who the hell was driving it? Since this season started, Sam hasn't seen himself as Lucifer, but rather has seen Lucifer outside his own body. So either Lucifer has manifested somehow, or someone else was driving him, and I rather think it's the former.
    Last edited by xrayvision; 10-08-2011, 08:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I liked it! I mean... a character named Amy Pond?!? But seriously, I liked that it reminded me more of self contained Supernatural without TOO many continuing storylines and that sort of thing. And the end... I had to cringe thinking of the cheese. Yes, even that scares me. haha.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
        I liked it! I mean... a character named Amy Pond?!? But seriously, I liked that it reminded me more of self contained Supernatural without TOO many continuing storylines and that sort of thing. And the end... I had to cringe thinking of the cheese. Yes, even that scares me. haha.
        The 'everything tastes better with cheese' had me going 'nope not true'. Surely there are things that would still taste awful even with cheese but that end scene really was cheesey. I'm willing to bet when turn into their huge mouth form will be when their vulnerable point will be shown. Since the outside does no good then it must be from within.

Comment

For me this episode started out great, got kinda 'meh' in the middle and then I wasn't sure how to feel about the end (but people are screaming bloody murder all around the internet about the ending, elsewhere. I'm seeing quite a lot of Dean hate, which I didn't think was possible, and a lot of people accusing Sera of just completely ruining the character-especially since it's so well known how much she loves Sam).

But back to the beginning:
          Dean falling out of the bed was cute. As was his look when Bobby touched his face. He seriously looked about 4 years old.

Bobby getting them out of there and even a return of "Balls" and then the flash forward. I wondered if they'd just found an abandoned cabin or if that was a bolthole for Bobby but finding out it was Rufus's place? Tore at my heart a little (and made me clap for continuity).

Sam still using his hand to come back to reality (what happens when it's fully healed?) Dean demanding Pie and the subsequent cake is not pie talk was all great stuff. Brother banter=of the good.

The flashback stuff was where it started to get a little meh for me. I love Colin (I've really warmed up to him since his first appearance) but that whole storyline wasn't the best. I thought they really missed an opportunity here. And I really didn't like the actress who played young!Amy.

A note, Sam? Oh that's not gonna be good.

Dean removing the cast himself made me literally LOL.

Brains in jars!

And while Amy's "all the coolest people are freaks" speech was nice, it felt like ground we've already covered. A while back it seemed like Sam finally accepted he's never going to be normal. We don't need more of that.

Amy felt like Sam's Lisa (and her kid his 'Ben').

Anyone else laugh at Dean punching Sam at the motel (nice reverse of the Dean yank back in the pilot, I thought)?

The reveal that Amy killed her own mother to save Sam...? I don't know, it should have been a powerful moment but I was just underwhelmed.

Look, Biggerson's! When I saw the bag I wondered if Sam had finally gotten Dean some pie to make up for running out on him. I wish they'd thrown that in (especially considering what happened next).

Then Dean slipping off to kill Amy. I have to admit I didn't know what to think about that. I thought Dean had gotten over the whole "monster must die" thing way back in Season 2 (and a lot of people have brought up Lenore in arguments). But flashing back to Dean's "I'm a killer" speech with Veritas, I can almost see why he would do it. He's tried to escape what he is but he can't. I can see why he would think that about others.

But to go behind Sam's back (another secret? Seriously, sometimes I want to reach through the screen and just scream "every time you do this it leads to bad things. Stop it!" in both their faces! It's been 7 years and they still won't tell each other the truth?) like that? That I don't like. I actually kinda got a bit of 'Dean protecting Sam' vibe (so he wouldn't have to come back and kill her if she did it again--very Madison from Heart) but still, it felt very hinky.

And then for him to leave the kid seemed just stupid of him. The kid will have to kill or the kitsune who takes him in will have to in order to feed him. How's that help, Dean? *sighs*

So yeah, I'm really a bit conflicted by Dean's actions and am disappointed that Sera, once again, is going to the 'secret between the brothers' well. This was supposed to be their 'together' year.

And that ending? Was just cheesy (sorry, dudes, I had to! needed to lighter it up somehow!).

I did really love Jensen's directing though. Especially that shot of Bobby on the phone at the gas station. That 'looking up' angle was just amazing.

So I went very middle of the road and gave it a 5.

Comment

10/10 I really enjoyed the episode! Was some great work by Jensen directing, top one liners, AMY POND - gotta love a shout out to Dr Who! 'Tellica reference, MBV reference, 'Wilder Beast' show... ahh, so many hidden delights! *GWARF*

...albeit, I do agree that Dean definately shouldn't have gone behind Sam's back for any reason and especially not to do that ! WHOA! Hold up Dean, you're no longer the 'protector' here, aren't you guys meant to be looking out for each other? And not lying... nothing good ever comes of that *LARFS*

Anyway, all in all - yeah, I totally ejoyed it! Looking forward to 'Defending Your Life' *SMILES*

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎