No announcement yet.

Damon Lindelof Comes Clean.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damon Lindelof Comes Clean.

"JJ Abrams liked the idea, and also had another: "'There should be a hatch on this island! They spend the entire season trying to get it open. And there should be these other people on the island,'" Lindelof recalled Abrams saying. "And I'm like, ''We can call them The Others.' And he's like, 'They should hear this noise out there in the jungle.' And I'm like, 'What's the noise?' And he's like, 'I don't...know. They're never going to pick this thing up anyway.'"

"If we put it on the air and we're like, there's a polar bear in the jungle, somebody better know where the (expletive) that polar bear came from," he said. "That pressure was enormously debilitating."

here's the full article..

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/lost-writer...185759431.html

----- Added 11 Minutes later -----

Awesome show but as we all said and [they] wouldn't.. They were making it up as they went.. I don't see why finally saying things like this are bad.. What was bad was them saying in every podcast that they knew the WHOLE show and kept telling/lying to us saying just watch u'll see..

Now, finally someone speaks. I really don't think ppl cared if they had the WHOLE show planned except for the writers who pounded the viewers over the head that they did.. And laughed (on pod casts) at ppls theories.. Never liked the way they went about that during the show.. Things like they knew who got shot in the outrigger in season 5, and never showed it on TV, yet said "ohhh yeah we know.." But still after over a year they just can't say who it was? What would it hurt now shows over? IMO Real Answer: They didn't know themselves..

And how many times did they say "the island" WAS a character..? A lot.. And in the end of the show they said it wasn't about the Island but the characters.. whoa ..wait ...WHAT??? Contradict much.? Still love the show.. And hell im getting a good laugh at all this now coming out.. Like it was supposed to be some classified secret..LOL
    Last edited by McFly; 09-28-2011, 08:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

there was no way they could every truly wrap everything up in one single season with the amount of questions that popped up in the series. that stuff aside, i still enjoyed the show for the characters and their relationships alone. did i need everything answered? no but I still liked watching the show for what it was.

Comment

completely agree.. but if u listened to their pod casts around the end of season 4 on.. They thought their (u know what) didn't stink.. ONLY thing i didnt really like about Cuse and Lindelof..

Like it said in the interview they had to add all they did to keep the show going.. I like how they couldn't see it going past a season.. Which to their credit they did and added a lot of great mysteries and storytelling a top the original outline/plot of the show.. Very well done.. Few complaints but thats personal outlooks and opinions.. And everyone will have a take.. GREAT show!!

WHO'S EYE DID HURLEY SEE IN THE CABIN..? lol See we hit a crossroad there.. MIB? Could be but it wasn't Titus ' eye.. But then again u could say he was in another form.. hahaha.. I see why this show drives some ppl nuts..

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎