Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Meet The New Boss" Countdown/LIVE Thread!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dekabreak1000
    i can see where this is going the souls are going to burst out of cas killing him and the brothers are going to have to hunt down the souls from purgatory
    Yea I was thinking the same thing. But I'm not sure if Cas will die though..

Comment

I don't think he will. [SPOILER]Misha Collins is supposed to appear on a recurring basis this season.[/SPOILER]

Comment

Poor old Cas is a mess but he can't be dead, surely.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

"That was unpleasant."
        Last edited by skully; 09-23-2011, 06:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

ooooooohhhhh. This is gonna be an interesting season!

Comment

So Cas is now Leviathan???

Can someone fill me in on exactly who Leviathan is?

Comment

since when they said that cas would not be a recuring role this season

Comment

He's not gonna be a season regular..but he's still gonna be on the show. That is what they said at the end of last season.

Comment

Wiki tells me that Leviathan is the Gatekeeper of Hell. Nasty.

That was an excellent start to the season.

Comment

hmm i don't think cas is dead though, i think he is simply possessed by the leviathans just like how sam was by lucifer. just the way he said "cas is gone, dead" same way Micheal talked about Adam's body

Comment

It seems like there's more than 1 leviathan in him since he used the term "we". And even though there's supposed to be one Leviathan according to the Bible (a serpent like beast in the seas), Death used the plural form so there must be at least 2 or more in him.

I wonder if Cas is really dead or if he's buried inside Jimmy's body somewhere. And Jimmy's soul must still be in there as well. Maybe Cas & Jimmy will combine their power to weaken the leviathans.

I wonder which form of leviathan is the one in Supernatural. Though the demology version (gatekeeper of hell) would be interesting, the beasts that Death mentioned seem to be more in line with the Biblical sea serpent/monster form of Leviathan.

What would really be cool is if both leviathans are in him---the one from demonology who was either killed & ended up in Purgatory or was just thrown in there because he was too big a threat of escaping hell and the Biblical beast Leviathan.

Comment

Why couldn't they just escape?

Is it me or did we swap one godlike evil Cas for another? And my math may be off, but isn't he actually a fair bit weaker now, losing the other souls?

Comment

I think he definitely is weaker, but the leviathans still make him very dangerous. There must be some stuff written somewhere about them though. Perhaps Samuel Colt, Samuel Campbell, or someone else has documentation on them. It makes sense though because if he was as powerful as he was with all those souls, they would need Death's help throughout the season, which was never going to happen.

Either way, I'm glad we're gonna have the chance to see Misha Collins play a villain. Jeff (superhippie2000) said that he played a serial killer in a movie he did earlier in his career & did a great job portraying the killer as a scary, sick SOB.

Comment

Didn't Death also mention that as "The Old Ones"? Aren't the old ones the works of HP Lovecraft who was mentioned last season? Maybe it could be something from the works of Lovecraft.

and yeah Laviathan in demonology is mentioned as one of the 7 princes of hell as well as it gatekeeper. Or the keeper of the hellmouth.

And don't tell anyone I found this.....

The Leviathans were a race of beings who ruled the Earth before mankind came into existence. Their forms were hideous and inhuman, although many Leviathans took human shape after they lost control of the planet. They longed to return to the Earth and reclaim it as their own.

Ok I took that from the lore of "Dark Shadows". Yes this whole Leviathan thing was borrowed from that old show, and get this the idea came straight from the work of HP Lovecraft. Leviathans were said to be afraid of werewolves and ghosts.

Some have also claimed that Lovecraft's Cthulu is also Leviathan.

And that's all I got. but the season looks like it's going to be good.

Comment

I'm almost certain Cthulu was mentioned in let It Bleed. Perhaps Lovecraft's works are where they will find more info on the Leviathans. I could even see an episode where Castiel regains control of his body & takes the Winchesters back to Lovecraft's time in the 1930s to speak to him directly. Would be cool. Nice observation.

Comment

Okay. This episode simply kicked butt.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎