No announcement yet.

Was the Smallville comic book real ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was the Smallville comic book real ?

or just something Chloe made to read to her kid? It basically shows clark being a farmboy & turning into Superman. Now if this is real, everyone should know the book is based off clark.

it never states Clark's name so I think he still has 2 identities.

Comment

Originally posted by Tebow15
      it never states Clark's name so I think he still has 2 identities.
      We don't know that it doesn't state his name. Even if it has a false name it's still going to lead people to check out Smallville. It wouldn't take long to find out about meteor showers and that there was a local hero doing saves like crazy.

Doing the comic book bit that has Smallville and recognizable characters on it wasn't very smart or thought out but then again the thought process in the writers room consisted of watching Superman: The Movie and not thinking how it would fit in to Smallville.

Comment

I had a crazy thought that it was going to be part of the 52 #1 when i heard of the relaunch news. Im not crazy for a smallville comic book, but I really didnt see why not, a one shot thing at least. Better this title than the likes of OMAC, i vampire, swamp thing and other crazy titles they have on that list.

Doing the comic book bit that has Smallville and recognizable characters on it wasn't very smart or thought out but then again the thought process in the writers room consisted of watching Superman: The Movie and not thinking how it would fit in to Smallville.
        Yeah it was a not well thought out execution of the idea.
        Last edited by BlueRanger; 07-02-2011, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow
          We don't know that it doesn't state his name. Even if it has a false name it's still going to lead people to check out Smallville. It wouldn't take long to find out about meteor showers and that there was a local hero doing saves like crazy.

Which is why I like to write off this show. i loved the beginning seasons, but really finale ruined anything that was legitimate with the series. It wouldn't be hard to investigate the history of crimes and saves in Smallville. Heck, Jimmy (henry) traced it back to Clark in less than a few days. Why wouldn't someone else look into it (like Lex!) and find out who Clark is? Having that comic book seriously ruined the logic of a lot of things in the finale. it wasn't a good idea to put that in the episode. I mean I get it was a call back to the 1978 Donner film but really it made the show look stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Khal El Jr
            or just something Chloe made to read to her kid? It basically shows clark being a farmboy & turning into Superman. Now if this is real, everyone should know the book is based off clark.
            It was real and it shows how stupid and how terrible the writers were. The comic was indicative of a constant lack of thought from the writers.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Theshadow129x
              it wasn't a good idea to put that in the episode. I mean I get it was a call back to the 1978 Donner film but really it made the show look stupid.
              Wasn't it a stranger reading the comic to the movie audience in the Superman movie beginning? That makes much more sense than a character of the show reading the comic to another character in the show.

Comment

it wasn't stranger in the movie. The movie used the comic as a thing that was being told in another world. a fantasy tale being told to a child. Smallville used the comic idea as such while also saying this is happening or happened in our world. The writers used the presentation of the comic and misinterpreted what Donner was doing in the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue85
                  Wasn't it a stranger reading the comic to the movie audience in the Superman movie beginning? That makes much more sense than a character of the show reading the comic to another character in the show.
                  Superman: The Movie was, if not the first, one of the first in it's kind and scope of production depicting the world's first and probably the most famous comic book superhero.

Given this it's understandable why they did it and now it's a new millenium full of comic book based superhero movies. Doing something like that nowadays is not only cheesy (SV can be cheesy so I'll give you that) but the execution was bad and raised a whole lot of questions. The worst kind of breaking the fourth wall I've seen and it totally breaks the illusion of a possibility that the good guys might lose.

The season was lackluster and conflict free to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by Theshadow129x
                    it wasn't stranger in the movie. The movie used the comic as a thing that was being told in another world. a fantasy tale being told to a child. Smallville used the comic idea as such while also saying this is happening or happened in our world. The writers used the presentation of the comic and misinterpreted what Donner was doing in the movie.

Thats what happens when you want to have your cake and it too.

Its about priorities, find a stranger to do the part and pay full homeage to superman in a way that make sense, they already had the stranger = that kid. Or pimp your favourite character and use this special opportunity for personal accomplishments and have the homeage not make much sense to the audience in the end and diverting attention from the homeage you are supposedly trying to focus on. Very lacksture writing and unproffesionalism on purpose.raising questions which you wont be able to address, because the show is over.
                    Last edited by BlueRanger; 07-04-2011, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Khal El Jr
                      That was AM.................but was the girl reading the comic Chloe?????

Comment

Originally posted by jpfort1957
                        That was AM.................but was the girl reading the comic Chloe?????
                        She called her cousin Lois about the wedding, so I'd definitely say so.

Comment

Originally posted by jpfort1957
                          but was the girl reading the comic Chloe?????
                          Im confused as to why youd ask that. You dont know who allison mack is or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Superboy-Prime
                            Im confused as to why youd ask that. You dont know who allison mack is or something?

I think he/she does, they were speculation that it could have been AM just playing herself IRL before the finale aired, sort of like breaking the 4th wall kind of thing. But I guess that theory was shot down since we saw her calling Lois, so which means it was just Chloe. Which brings a lot of unanswered question, like was the comic real, and how Clark secret Identity works out after all this.

Comment

Superboy-Prime wrote:
                              t was real and it shows how stupid and how terrible the writers were. The comic was indicative of a constant lack of thought from the writers.
                              This is the truth of it. Could not have said it better. No one can refute that because it is the truth.

BlueRanger wrote:
                              Thats what happens when you want to have your cake and it too.

Its about priorities, find a stranger to do the part and pay full homeage to superman in a way that make sense, they already had the stranger = that kid. Or pimp your favourite character and use this special opportunity for personal accomplishments and have the homeage not make much sense to the audience in the end and diverting attention from the homeage you are supposedly trying to focus on. Very lacksture writing and unproffesionalism on purpose.raising questions which you wont be able to address, because the show is over.
                              I totally agree. It seems there are some rational thinkers left here after all.

"The difference between a misfortune and a calamity is this: If Gladstone fell into the Thames, it would be a misfortune. But if someone dragged him out again, that would be a calamity." Disraeli.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎