No announcement yet.

why didn't anyone use human souls?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why didn't anyone use human souls?

It absorbing millions of monter souls from purgatory make Cas that powerful why didn't anyone try using the billions of human souls in heaven and hell? Surely that was easier to do and would make you more powerful?

Originally posted by shoaibs48
    It absorbing millions of monter souls from purgatory make Cas that powerful why didn't anyone try using the billions of human souls in heaven and hell? Surely that was easier to do and would make you more powerful?
    I have a strong feeling that this is going to be answered in S7. It has been said many times that human souls are extremely powerful, and Death had told Dean to keep "digging" about them. That said, I feel like we have barely scratched the surface when it comes to the concept of souls.

Comment

Castiel did use souls from Hell, and I wouldn't pass it that he used some souls in Heaven as well, but it has been sort of mentioned that Purgatory has much, much more souls than both of those.

Comment

Well I'd say it's because demons can't absorb souls like angels can since they are twisted souls themselves and regarding angels, they were following a plan that didn't require absorbing souls, which I would think was forbidden by God. That would be no different than how Lucifer was using demons to power him & make him stronger in S5 and God would definitely not want angels treating human souls like objects or chips in a poker game.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
          Castiel did use souls from Hell, and I wouldn't pass it that he used some souls in Heaven as well, but it has been sort of mentioned that Purgatory has much, much more souls than both of those.
          Castiel said he had millions of souls from purgatory powering him. Even now the population of earth is around 6 billion so with 10,000's of years since creation would be at least 100 billion human souls.

Comment

Castiel said he had millions of souls from purgatory powering him. Even now the population of earth is around 6 billion so with 10,000's of years since creation would be at least 100 billion human souls.
            Every modern human that has ever lived? It's actually roughly 80 billion. But if you're going from early humans it's pretty much innumerable, over 2 million years worth.

Comment

The power of the human soul is probably going to be explained in season 7. There has to be a good reason why humans were given souls but angels weren't.

Comment

Half or even more than half of those souls are either in Hell or Purgatory though.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

The power of the human soul is probably going to be explained in season 7. There has to be a good reason why humans were given souls but angels weren't.
                An angel's grace is sort of like a soul, but probably not as powerful.
                Last edited by Anno_Domini; 05-22-2011, 03:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
                  Half or even more than half of those souls are either in Hell or Purgatory though.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

An angel's grace is sort of like a soul, but probably not as powerful.
                  Originally posted by i_need_a_new_username
                  Every modern human that has ever lived? It's actually roughly 80 billion. But if you're going from early humans it's pretty much innumerable, over 2 million years worth.
                  Ummmm...Do good people go to purgatory too? People born evil you know

Comment

Originally posted by confuser987
                    Ummmm...Do good people go to purgatory too? People born evil you know
                    Purgatory was only for monsters and various creatures. Human go to either heaven or hell.

Comment

Humans can be turned to monsters. C'mon, you should know this.

You think Gordon went to Heaven or Hell after he became a vampire? NO.

Comment

i believe demons cannot use souls as someone said, as they are twisted souls themselves

as for angels using the souls, i believe it was probably forbidden by god, and probably was not even a thought in anyone's minds, including lucifer as it was hard wired into them to not even think about it. but when the civil war started, the book was ripped up, and there were no more rules, opening up the possibility of even using souls. Since cas is still an angel, he probably did not want to use any human souls due to it still being against his code, and was barely able to use the 50,000 that crowley gave him by making himself believe they were truly evil, he was not even able to take bobby's fully without extreme remorse.

but purgatory is a lose subject, its just full of a bunch of monsters in cas's mind that dont even deserve to have been created to begin with, so he has no problem using them

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎