Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks for destroying our great show, Sera!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for destroying our great show, Sera!

Yeah, thanks a lot! I used to love this show and now look what has come to it. It's painful watching another new episode of it!

How is it destroyed?

Comment

Look at what has come to it all... Cas turning into a god/devil I'm not enjoying that part at all.

Comment

I see what you mean, it is rather unexpected. Cas's dark road wasn't even truly examined until we found out he was working with Crowley, and even after we discovered this, I never would've expected him to absorb the souls himself. That said, I personally find this arc intriguing, and I can only imagine what this means story-wise for S7. However, I'm guessing he'll redeem himself in some capacity before the end of next season. I actually can't see him being the big bad for too long. Maybe I'm wrong.

Comment

personally i think it should have ended last season. while this season was good it wasnt great. and the season finale could have had a better cliffhanger. it should have ended with the spell not working and then Cas whereever he was unlocking the portal and the souls coming out. then they could have started next season with Cas coming in killing ralph and saying Kneel Before Cas. Only cliffhanger i think we actually got was whats going to happen with Sam.

but still the series had a perfect ending last season. I wouldnt blame Sera id probably blame the CW for dragging it out another season and TPTB needing to think of some alternate storyline.

Comment

This just proves that SPN should have ended with season 5. They are just dragging out and they are losing creativity. They don't have much to tell. I mean, come on Cas being the new god?! That's not interesting to me for 1 million dollars. Please that was one of the worst SPN finales I have ever seen, and that means a lot. SPN nearly never does any bad finales/episodes. This one just took the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
              Look at what has come to it all... Cas turning into a god/devil I'm not enjoying that part at all.
              You think destroying a character that is not the big two is ruining the show?

Sera Gamble, you're doing a BRILLIANT job. Castiel would have had to either die, or turn into a villain anyways, and you chose the latter which creates a whole new problem with the brothers: how to destroy a God. As others had wanted the Real God to be a villain, this God!Cas is a perfect way for the brothers to go after a God-like character without getting flamed.

And also, Kripke wrote the season finale. Be mad at him as well even.

Comment

It felt like they were going to paths, but Cas's path right now I actually like because it is a continuation, you give them freedom but what do you do with if you have never had it?

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
                  You think destroying a character that is not the big two is ruining the show?

Sera Gamble, you're doing a BRILLIANT job. Castiel would have had to either die, or turn into a villain anyways, and you chose the latter which creates a whole new problem with the brothers: how to destroy a God. As others had wanted the Real God to be a villain, this God!Cas is a perfect way for the brothers to go after a God-like character without getting flamed.

And also, Kripke wrote the season finale. Be mad at him as well even.
                  That's the thing. Kripke made an awesome finale with "Swan song", they should have ended with it. I don't see the reason to turning Cas into the new villain. It's not interesting to me at all. That was just an awful cliffhanger. I really don't understand why they have to turn Cas into a villain or have to kill him. What has he done?! Why are the writers writing him like that?:S

Comment

You keep saying the right thing...it's not interesting to you, but what about the other people?

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
                      That's the thing. Kripke made an awesome finale with "Swan song", they should have ended with it. I don't see the reason to turning Cas into the new villain. It's not interesting to me at all. That was just an awful cliffhanger. I really don't understand why they have to turn Cas into a villain or have to kill him. What has he done?! Why are the writers writing him like that?:S
                      Castiel is probably still thinking it's the right thing to do and wanting to "change" Heaven for the "better", but he's mis-using his free will, which could partly be due to the souls from Purgatory. As Mischael12 have said, this is a great continuation of the character.

Comment

The problem is that while Kripke was in charge of the show, he had hinted the Castiel could turn dark-side. Watch "Abandon All Hope..." and see the parallels they are giving you with Cas and Lucifer which was paid off in last night's episode when he did the same thing to Raphael that Lucifer did to Cas.

I don't think turning Cas into the villain was all Sera Gamble. I do think Kripke laid down the ground work for it and they're paying off what he started. My real problem is how far off the deep end Cas has gone that I just don't think he can have redemption now. Cas may not have been a character from the beginning, but he's been a main stay and a fan favorite for 3 years now. There are ways you can turn him into a villain WITHOUT ruining all of his character development. When he killed Balthazar and did the ritual to become a new God, I feel like that's the point where he can't go back.

My big beef with Sera Gamble is how she's trying to get rid of the angel stories that have been the main focus for season 4 and 5 and a big part of season 6. I'm not going to accept a show that goes from epic heaven vs. hell stories to Dean and Sam just doing a case of the week. The show has evolved and the only way to continue the show is to continue to evolve, not to go back to seasons 1-3 stuff.

This show should've ended in season 5. I'm really not a fan of that season 5 finale for a lot of reasons, but had it been the last episode, I think Kripke would've made it a lot bigger. They were building a Dean vs. Sam finale for years. Now I have no idea where they're going with this show. I really feel like the show needs to end next year. The ratings are pretty bad and they won't have Smallville next year as lead in. They'll have Nikita which will most likely struggle. But the way Sera Gamble is talking about Season 7, makes it seem like if they do end the show, it won't be about the battle between heaven and hell that they've been building to for YEARS. And if that's the case, then she really did ruin the show.

Comment

Exactly. Don't blame Gamble for all of it if you're going to be pissed off about it, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Tabularasa
                            The problem is that while Kripke was in charge of the show, he had hinted the Castiel could turn dark-side. Watch "Abandon All Hope..." and see the parallels they are giving you with Cas and Lucifer which was paid off in last night's episode when he did the same thing to Raphael that Lucifer did to Cas.

I don't think turning Cas into the villain was all Sera Gamble. I do think Kripke laid down the ground work for it and they're paying off what he started. My real problem is how far off the deep end Cas has gone that I just don't think he can have redemption now. Cas may not have been a character from the beginning, but he's been a main stay and a fan favorite for 3 years now. There are ways you can turn him into a villain WITHOUT ruining all of his character development. When he killed Balthazar and did the ritual to become a new God, I feel like that's the point where he can't go back.

My big beef with Sera Gamble is how she's trying to get rid of the angel stories that have been the main focus for season 4 and 5 and a big part of season 6. I'm not going to accept a show that goes from epic heaven vs. hell stories to Dean and Sam just doing a case of the week. The show has evolved and the only way to continue the show is to continue to evolve, not to go back to seasons 1-3 stuff.

This show should've ended in season 5. I'm really not a fan of that season 5 finale for a lot of reasons, but had it been the last episode, I think Kripke would've made it a lot bigger. They were building a Dean vs. Sam finale for years. Now I have no idea where they're going with this show. I really feel like the show needs to end next year. The ratings are pretty bad and they won't have Smallville next year as lead in. They'll have Nikita which will most likely struggle. But the way Sera Gamble is talking about Season 7, makes it seem like if they do end the show, it won't be about the battle between heaven and hell that they've been building to for YEARS. And if that's the case, then she really did ruin the show.
                            I so agree with you. I do agree that it seems like they are losing which direction they should go with the show. I mean they really should have ended the show with season 5. Season 6 just proves it. I have either no problem with Cas becoming a new villain, sure why not? But the thing is just how it is being down? With all of the character assasination. He has grown a lot since season 4, "The man who knew too much" destroyed the person he has become. And like Tabularasa has said, I feel like there is no return/redemption for him at all.

Comment

It's not CASTIEL that's doing the complete 180, but the corruption that the souls are doing inside him. I could very well see redemption in his storyline next season if the writers decide to keep him.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎